WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat cleaner

Rbcconst

Reaction score
What’s the best product out there for cleaning the boat? I’ve used hot sauce, it was just ok. Also have used turtle wax and vinegar which works well but if I’m going on the water the next day that seems like a bit much. Looking for something like hot sauce but better, hot sauce seemed to leave a film or grime on the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Hot sauce has worked pretty good as for film. I even used Adrenalin detail spot remover. Smells better but leaves a film. I will say keeping the boat waxed makes it a lot better. But wouldn’t help the film issue you are having.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Clean boat. Use Maguiars spray wax after every outing. It will take 10 mins to do the entire boat.

The Maguiars Xpress Spray Wax is $32 a gallon.

Have a bottle of Ducky and/or a Spray Detailer product to take care of any stubborn water spots. Spray wax over any spots you use other cleaners on.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Hot sauce has worked pretty good as for film. I even used Adrenalin detail spot remover. Smells better but leaves a film. I will say keeping the boat waxed makes it a lot better. But wouldn’t help the film issue you are having.
You know anyone using xtreme?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Clean boat. Use Maguiars spray wax after every outing. It will take 10 mins to do the entire boat.

The Maguiars Xpress Spray Wax is $32 a gallon.

Have a bottle of Ducky and/or a Spray Detailer product to take care of any stubborn water spots. Spray wax over any spots you use other cleaners on.

That’s a good price. A lot of the other products cost a bunch. I have always used there wax but not the express spray wax.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That’s a good price. A lot of the other products cost a bunch. I have always used there wax but not the express spray wax.

That is why I do it. The prices of the “special” products are insane, and they don’t work any better. If you are in OC, you can stop by Detailing.com in Lake Forest, and they have every product in bulk quantities for great prices. Otherwise Amazon has competitive prices on on large quantity products.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I’m surprised. Hot Sauce is awesome. Never had it leave smears. I even mix half sauce half distilled water to save.

That is of course on a clean boat with wax in it. Maybe check the towels you are using?

CobraDave with a Shockwave!

nowski

Reaction score
This is the best bang for the buck and works great too, for as little as $7.47 for 24 oz. on Amazon...

Lucas Slick Mist.jpg

CobraDave

Reaction score
That is why I do it. The prices of the “special” products are insane, and they don’t work any better. If you are in OC, you can stop by Detailing.com in Lake Forest, and they have every product in bulk quantities for great prices. Otherwise Amazon has competitive prices on on large quantity products.

What’s the process? When you say clean boat does that mean you wash it first? Interesting spray wax might actually be cheaper to use than waterspot remover. Ridiculous.

I too have been curious about the new cleaners on the market. There were a bunch I never heard of at the boat show.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I’m surprised. Hot Sauce is awesome. Never had it leave smears. I even mix half sauce half distilled water to save.

That is of course on a clean boat with wax in it. Maybe check the towels you are using?

Might have been a dirty boat. I do like the distilled water idea.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
What’s the process? When you say clean boat does that mean you wash it first? Interesting spray wax might actually be cheaper to use than waterspot remover. Ridiculous.

I too have been curious about the new cleaners on the market. There were a bunch I never heard of at the boat show.

Clean boat I mean having washed it with soap and water instead of just continuing to use stuff like hot sauce. I don’t usually wash it down prior to using any kind of spray. I’m not sure if the film could have been a dirty boat or the towel or what. Now it’s not horrible just seemed it could be better. I did order some of the extreme so we will see.

shueman

Reaction score
Xtreme is good stuff ... I also like Teague Shine ...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Keep in mind the spray wax is not a good cleaner. So slathering it on a dirty boat won’t let it do its job. Also if you do 3 days or more in the water before cleaning your boat, using spray wax only will be frustrating for you. Using a cleaner/water spot remover/detail spray will take off the water spots, sunblock smears, etc. easier. Then use the spray wax.

That is why I said clean the boat first. Either wash it, or use a spray cleaner on it. Once it is clean, use the spray wax and a microfiber towel, spray, wax on, then flip to the dry side or use a dry microfiber towel and wax off.

I’ve found once you start the spray wax regimen, just the spray wax will wipe away a day at max 2 days worth of waterspots and other dirt. After that use a spray detailer, Ducky, or wash the boat and re spray wax. I have Ducky and Maguiars Quick Detailer for cleanup.

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I love Slick Mist for the car, but always come back to Hot Sauce for the boat. Extreme Mist seems kind of gooey. Overton's has a gallon of Hot Sauce for $40.00 and last order I had a 15% coupon and bought a couple of other items to get free shipping, might even do better on Amazon.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
You know anyone using xtreme?

I have not, but did briefly meet the inmate this weekend that owns the product. Might give it a try when I run out of HS.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I remember trying to get the spots off with lime-a-way and elbow grease. I will never complain about having to use Hot Sauce or any other modern detailer.

DWC

Reaction score
I use Ducky if I’m just trying to get junk off the boat. Works great if you’ve had it in the water for a few days straight. For daily use it’s Boat Candy and a microfiber. Don’t over apply and it comes out perfect.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Typically vinegar/water mix at ramp and Adam's Polishes Detail Spray once home or next day. Detail Spray only if I remember to take it boating. Adam's Interior Detailer for the upholstery.

Since I had a ton of Adam's products for my cars/trucks, I decided to use it on the boat so I don't have to invest in boat specific products. I'm happy with the performance.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I guess there are advantages to having a very plain jane boat, I just use lemon pledge (or it's generic equivalent) and my boat comes out just fine. As a matter of fact I usually give it a quick wipe down while hanging out at one of the coves.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
My procedure is hose off boat, then wipe down. If it's the end of the end of the trip I do a full wash with boat soap.

"2013"
Step 2, A 1:1 mix of Distilled Vinegar & Distilled Water (in a spray bottle) to remove water spots... Spray-on Wipe-off.
Step 3, Lucas Slick Mist, Spray-on Wipe-off.

"2014"
Step 2, Same as above, just this year I started mixing it in a pressurized 2-gallon garden sprayer.
Step 3, Same as above, but realize that I going through a 24oz bottle in three days of boating, combined with LSM being almost $10 a pop @ walmart, I began researching other alternatives of what I could buy in bulk.

"2015"
Step 2, Same a 2014.
Step 3, Still using LSM, but changed the delivery method and got another pressurized 2-gallon garden sprayer.

"2016-Current"
I've used Ducky products off an on since 1989. At the LA Boat show I talked to Richard @Ducky, and explained what I was doing, how I was using, what I wanted, and what could he do?
Step 2 (2016-current) Ducky Original Water Spot Remover (orange)
Step 3 (2016-current) Ducky Quik Clean & Wax (light blue)

DuckyStuff.png

RodnJen

Reaction score
I like the 3M wax at the beginning of the summer. I then clean as needed then finish with Hot Sauce. Boat will be 15 years old this September and still looks fantastic.

707dog

Reaction score
This is the best bang for the buck and works great too, for as little as $7.47 for 24 oz. on Amazon...

View attachment 646824
yep used it one time and haven't looked back, still like meguiars other products but the lucas just does its job use it on the vehicle also. easy to get no ordering offline wally world, auto zone, oreillys all carry it. 303 for the interior

rivergames

Reaction score
This stuff worked good on my boat today.

At the river, I usually use hot sauce and it works great
1526873245653.jpeg
1526873268627.jpeg

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I use Outlaw's (former Inmate with a blown 21 Daytona) detailer recipe. It works great on my boat . I cut out the vinegar in his recipe because we don't really have hard water and my boat is mostly white.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
My wife uses slick mist to wash our house windows too. Between collonite, slick mist, and scrubbing bubbles...we pretty much don’t keep anything else around.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
I've used several. Meguires works best for me. their boat wash when it's dirty. Depending on use once or twice a season their all in one cleaner wax. Clean up when pulling out use their quick clean marine. I've tried their "premium" versions like seperate polish then wax, didn't notice any difference. Also use their marine vinyl/ rubber cleaner conditioner, better than the rest, looks natural, not glossy and not greasy.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I WEnt to XTreme last summer and haven’t looked back. The orange wax spray smells like stripper pussy i wanna eat it!!! Plus it works bitchen, spray the orange on and just so so wipe it then go back with the fuzzy side of the towel and basically wax off Mr. Miagie (sp) and shit makes the boat shine and slick as some sweaty titties.

RCDave

Reaction score
I WEnt to XTreme last summer and haven’t looked back. The orange wax spray smells like stripper pussy i wanna eat it!!! Plus it works bitchen, spray the orange on and just so so wipe it then go back with the fuzzy side of the towel and basically wax off Mr. Miagie (sp) and shit makes the boat shine and slick as some sweaty titties.
I use this stuff on my RV. Great stuff

Hot Sauce works better for me with hard water spots

Last edited:

Meaney77

Reaction score
Am I the only one that has good luck with warm water and a few microfibers?

CobraDave

Reaction score
In a pinch you can’t beat ice chest water and micro fibers.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
In a pinch you can’t beat ice chest water and micro fibers.

I did that last time and was amazed it that it worked so well.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Clean the boat - I use DI water with soap made with DI water. No use in compounding your job.

From there pick your water spot remover of choice because you will be using a lot less of it. I use boatbling, boat candy, extreme - it all is sufficient if your boat is cleaned and waxed. Apply a spray wax after and you are good to go. Wash your boat after every use When boating on Havasu.

cheezpanel

Reaction score
My wife uses slick mist to wash our house windows too. Between collonite, slick mist, and scrubbing bubbles...we pretty much don’t keep anything else around.
Never thought about this...gonna give it a try on the windows...
Thanks for the tip

Snprhed

Reaction score
I guess there are advantages to having a very plain jane boat, I just use lemon pledge (or it's generic equivalent) and my boat comes out just fine. As a matter of fact I usually give it a quick wipe down while hanging out at one of the coves.

My dad always said that pledge would turn white fiberglass a slight yellow color (we used to take boats to the boat show). Im not sure if there is any truth to it, but Ive always stayed away from that. I do use it on my trucks leather seats and it works great there.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Lots of good options out there! Whichever you choose be sure to use high quality, clean towels and launder separately without fabric softener. Chemicals in fabric softener tend to coat the small fibers in the towel so instead of absorbing excess liquid they just push it around which tends to leave streaks as it avaporates on its own.

There are some crazy options out there but IMO microfibers from costco are hard to beat for quality:price ratio.

-Zack

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JD D05

Reaction score
This may have been mentioned but when was the last time you had it polished / buffed etc? If you find a good guy or shop to do that once or twice a year it makes cleaning much much easier.

foxfam312

Let it Develop
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Driven products, no wax's, wax melt in the heat,Driven uses polymer's, been using for years now.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Meant to include this earlier...

For anyone using Boat Bling products, Hot Sauce, Vinyl Sauce, etc that's active on social media. Please tag us in your boating pics or even better, snap a pic of a bottle in use or on a shelf of your favorite store. We're always looking for social media content and as a small business it's a huge help in spreading the word. We can't tell you enough how appreciative we are for the support.

Facebook.com/boatbling
@boatblinghotsauce instagram
#boatbling
#getsauced

PS.... @stokerwhore wins this thread lol

-Zack

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I had the boat ceramic coated when I bought it then I make sure to have the boat buffed out and from there I use Hot Sauce and everything comes right off. After Hot Sauce I use the Quickie Sauce and the boat looks new. Make sure one you get it detailed you clean it well after each day on the water. Keep up on the cleaning makes it easier to clean each time.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
This may have been mentioned but when was the last time you had it polished / buffed etc? If you find a good guy or shop to do that once or twice a year it makes cleaning much much easier.

Bingo. A good coat of wax or 3 makes cleanup after a day of boating much faster, and you will use a lot less cleaning product as well.