WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big red outerlimits cat at crazy horse last weekend?

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Lambos are for pussies.Real Men drive Ferrareez,or Bugatteez.....:smackhead Nice Ship.:thumbsup

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Seems like a cool dude to me. Sounds, and looks like he likes really fun toys an is not afraid to use them! My kind of guy. I like to see folks out using and enjoying their stuff.

I remember reading that he was going to run down Baja with this boat, and try to do it in 10 hrs! That's awesome. I hope someone does a write up on it and follows it all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Good catch, yes there were two. And, although he may not have let kids near them...my fiance was able to have her red cup in one
dahaguza.jpg
:D

You need to buy her a ring!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
So I am trying to understand why that you call Bob a tool? It is his boat and I would think he has the right to pull it up to the beach for the night. As for your kid, I have known Bob for close to 15 years and you could not ask for a nicer person who would go out of his way to be friendly with everyone. I bet is that your son talked to someone else at the campsite other than Bob because bob would be the first person to open the car up and say take a seat and enjoy the view.

Welcome aboard. Try and ignore the hens and their negative comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duffster

Reaction score
Seems like a cool dude to me. Sounds, and looks like he likes really fun toys an is not afraid to use them! My kind of guy. I like to see folks out using and enjoying their stuff.

I remember reading that he was going to run down Baja with this boat, and try to do it in 10 hrs! That's awesome. I hope someone does a write up on it and follows it all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone

Running down Baja sounds bitchen. Pull up to the beach next to Office in Cabo with that boat. Fuck yes

Patyacht

Reaction score
What was the "engine issue"?

I noticed some oil under the stb engine and the engine showed signs of water spray all over it when I saw it at PC Memorial weekend. Think it was Sunday. Idling through the Gorge he almost ran us over he was idling so fast with the crash boxes.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the hate for someone with money and a big boat here. I was reading the thread about this boat over on PB and those people are just plain LOONY! Haters gonna hate!

I haven't read the thread yet but received a pm about it yesterday. Without even reading it I can guess with some amount of accuracy that this is the exact type of thing I was referencing in the other thread..

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Just goes to show how many people really don't know what the hell they are talking about. One a DAy was pretty far off on this one as far as his knowledge on the guy. As for the OP maybe it was someone in Bob's crew that told the kid to not touch the car.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Well, my posts were just poking fun. I don't know the guy nor do I care what he does with his Lambo. I'm jealous and if I had one I'd have a removable steering wheel and wear it like a medallion around my neck. :thumbup:

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Well, my posts were just poking fun. I don't know the guy nor do I care what he does with his Lambo. I'm jealous and if I had one I'd have a removable steering wheel and wear it like a medallion around my neck. :thumbup:

It's people like you that Dave is talking about :nono;)

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I haven't read the thread yet but received a pm about it yesterday. Without even reading it I can guess with some amount of accuracy that this is the exact type of thing I was referencing in the other thread..

What thread is that? I'll have to search for it.

j540

Reaction score
So I am trying to understand why that you call Bob a tool? It is his boat and I would think he has the right to pull it up to the beach for the night. As for your kid, I have known Bob for close to 15 years and you could not ask for a nicer person who would go out of his way to be friendly with everyone. I bet is that your son talked to someone else at the campsite other than Bob because bob would be the first person to open the car up and say take a seat and enjoy the view.

You need to go and read one of Dave's Thread's On the thoughts of one of his "influential and well to do people.."
Then you will understand.
"If they would just sit back and see that just about every topic takes a shit about 5 posts in.
It just took a little longer than 5 post to turn to Shit.

I've seen some guys/girls that come across as A-Holes, But 10min later they are very cool People.
And even some that have come up to me and say "Dam I kinda sounded like an Ass to Him or Her".
Sometimes you say something to someone,(Impulse) before you really talk to them for a minute.

But I don't know this guy or hav'nt meet him,
But would like to talk to him about his boat and get a closer look at it.
Awsome for him to have a Biss that allows him to have this caliber of fun.

j540

Reaction score

LMFAO:rotflmao:

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Just goes to show how many people really don't know what the hell they are talking about. One a DAy was pretty far off on this one as far as his knowledge on the guy. As for the OP maybe it was someone in Bob's crew that told the kid to not touch the car.

Nord is right... I had no idea what crash boxes were. I withdraw my comment on idle speed :D

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
You need to go and read one of Dave's Thread's On the thoughts of one of his "influential and well to do people.."
Then you will understand.
"If they would just sit back and see that just about every topic takes a shit about 5 posts in.
It just took a little longer than 5 post to turn to Shit.

I've seen some guys/girls that come across as A-Holes, But 10min later they are very cool People.
And even some that have come up to me and say "Dam I kinda sounded like an Ass to Him or Her".
Sometimes you say something to someone,(Impulse) before you really talk to them for a minute.

But I don't know this guy or hav'nt meet him,
But would like to talk to him about his boat and get a closer look at it.
Awsome for him to have a Biss that allows him to have this caliber of fun.

Hahaa. So true. When I first met one of my best friends I thought he was a total asshole! Turned out he is, but he's also one of the best guys you'll ever meet.

I'm stoked that the owner of this boat uses it where folks like me can enjoy seeing it in action and get a close up view of it. It's not very often you get a chance to see these works of at.

Sent from my iPhone

cmayer

Reaction score
Saw the boat at Elsinore on Sunday and it was quite the sight; impressive.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I think he's a jackass tool for not adopting me since he doesn't have a son, apparently with all the tail aboard the boat he needs my expert help, LOL!!

Any guy that rolls a Lambo on the dirt roads apparently doesn't have a reason to be worried about peeps looking and touching his shit, as you said he would probably accommodate most request. :thumbsup

I tried to take a picture with Phil's car and he wouldn't let me :(

Attachments

• charles%20Hubcap%20phil.jpg
    charles%20Hubcap%20phil.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 35

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
What was the "engine issue"?

a small water hose at the back of the port engine spit water that landed in the top of the distributor. Took cap off and it was soaked. Ran the boat today at Elsinore and it was fine.

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
Saw the boat at Elsinore on Sunday and it was quite the sight; impressive.

when I picked it up from newport on sunday it is easier for me to go to elsinore to flush both engines and trailer in one shot then to use a hose. Also I had my 12 year old with me and had to drop him off in canyon lake with mom.

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
this is the lambo at havasu for memorial. friend took these for me. also this is the diesel pusher the hater was talking about. Like I said Bob is the nicest guy. If you raft up to him he will invite you on the boat and talk to you for hours. He is also the original banker for Outerlimits Powerboat. He is no longer involved with the company. Next time you see him please walk right up to him and say hello, you will be surprised as to how easy going he is. Again someone other than bob told that kid (adult) not to touch the car

Attachments

• bob russel 007.jpg
    bob russel 007.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 39
  • bob russel 008.jpg
    bob russel 008.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 37
  • bobs outerlimits and lambo 025.jpg
    bobs outerlimits and lambo 025.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 37
  • bob russel 004.jpg
    bob russel 004.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 39

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
There are some neat things happening with this boat in the near future, I will keep the board up to date as to whats going on. First up it looks like Bob is going to go for a record run from the Golden Gate Bridge to Los Angeles. Maybe we could start an over/under on how much time it will take.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing things up Jeff, and welcome to RDP. Keep us posted on the run(s) for a record. Depending on when he does it, I may be able to take some pictures on the San Francisco end of the trip and someone else could take some pics on the LA end. If RD would rent a copter, I could photograph the whole thing. :thumbup:

Anyways, keep us posted, welcome again, and thanks for the info.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Put me in coach!! :)

If they are looking for someone to follow along and do a really nice write up I'll enroll in some Harvard English class's real quick so my skills are up to date!

Pun intended.

Isanger

Reaction score
First time I met Bob I was just a young whipper snapper (14-15 years old) walking around with a camera at a run up here in Washington. I was in Awe of Bobs old "Rockit" vbottom Outerlimits as he idled into the docks with at the time the biggest engines around (sterling 1250s i believe). I was never a shy kid so I after he shut the boat off and was situated I asked if I could take some photos. He was kind enough to open the hatches for me so I could see the sterlings and to get some photos of them. He also answered any and every stupid question I had. I'll forever be a fan of the man. :thumbsup tool??? not so much.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing things up Jeff, and welcome to RDP. Keep us posted on the run(s) for a record. Depending on when he does it, I may be able to take some pictures on the San Francisco end of the trip and someone else could take some pics on the LA end. If RD would rent a copter, I could photograph the whole thing. :thumbup:

Anyways, keep us posted, welcome again, and thanks for the info.

Yeah let me get right on that Helo Rental.. LOL

RD

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Jeff thanks for joining up and becoming part of the clubhouse here.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Yeah let me get right on that Helo Rental.. LOL

RD

I would think a quick phone call to the right person and this could happen no problemo, I'll give you a hint, people like pics of themselves doing awesome things;) Make it happen RD:thumbup:

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
BTW thats some boating content worth making happen:)

Tank

Reaction score
Interesting,he will be be running with the some heavy competition from years back.Bob Nordskog ( no crew,alone non stop). Not sure,but could be a record still standing.Chuck Norris also.I think Don Johnson made a run at it . Welcome back Jeff.

Larry smith (scarab fame) holds the record right now from 05ish.

bilge rat

Reaction score
I want the on board machanic/camera man position . :)

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
Larry smith (scarab fame) holds the record right now from 05ish.

Tank hey how are you? Bob should be able to beat the record. The boat does a lazy cruz at 90 to 100. With bobs rough water experience he feels very confident that he will take the record. I had bob on the phone last week with Dan at Archer Marine and they spoke about it

skater40

Reaction score
There are some neat things happening with this boat in the near future, I will keep the board up to date as to whats going on. First up it looks like Bob is going to go for a record run from the Golden Gate Bridge to Los Angeles. Maybe we could start an over/under on how much time it will take.

I believe the run was from SanFrancisco to Long Beach.

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
I believe the run was from SanFrancisco to Long Beach.

From what I understand it will be from the Golden Gate bridge to Marina Del Rey. But I could be wrong about the LA part.
Gary I think you should run alongside this trip in Predator, may the best man win

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
Our future 1st mate, bringing along her own custom made fenders. Everyone say hello to Taylor

Attachments

• Outerlimits 016.jpg
    Outerlimits 016.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 28

Tank

Reaction score
Tank hey how are you? Bob should be able to beat the record. The boat does a lazy cruz at 90 to 100. With bobs rough water experience he feels very confident that he will take the record. I had bob on the phone last week with Dan at Archer Marine and they spoke about it

What's going on Jeff?

I have no doubt the OL is way faster than the 43' "scarab" Larry Smith ran in 05. My only concern would be reliability and fuel. Right around 400 miles is a long time to break crap and run out of fuel.

Of course as the saying goes - Amat Victoria Curam!

And Gary's correct. San Fran to Long Beach is the record route.

Last edited:

prosthogod

Reaction score
To Jeff and the owner of all the toys, as I was the thread maker, I'm glad you came on here with your comments. My family is around a lot of big toys often and from your comments it must have been someone else telling my kid to back off. I'm glad to here the owner is cool, can't wait to say hello the next time we run into him. Hope all the engine work goes well.
For clarity, TOOL comment revoked.

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
What's going on Jeff?

I have no doubt the OL is way faster than the 43' "scarab" Larry Smith ran in 05. My only concern would be reliability and fuel. Right around 400 miles is a long time to break crap and run out of fuel.

Of course as the saying goes - Amat Victoria Curam!

And Gary's correct. San Fran to Long Beach is the record route.

Tank the boat was built with 2 200 gallon tanks for 400 gallons, for the run, as we speak GT Performance is installing a 200 gallon temporary center tank that will sit in the compartment between the engines. Bob feels that the boat can go 500 miles. As for the engines and reliability they are the tried and true sterlings. On pump gas they rate at 1150hp and on C16 they rate at 1550 with the computer and pulley changes. Bob feels very good about making it without problems. As a cat you would be very surprised as to the good fuel econemy that it gets. We just need to load up the Ipod with lots of music and make sure the A/C stays working. He should have major sponsors lined up very soon for this. I know who they are but until the deal is signed I can not say. As for what someone asked a few pages ago about photo's I am pretty sure that a helo will be used for the start and finish.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Tank the boat was built with 2 200 gallon tanks for 400 gallons, for the run, as we speak GT Performance is installing a 200 gallon temporary center tank that will sit in the compartment between the engines. Bob feels that the boat can go 500 miles. As for the engines and reliability they are the tried and true sterlings. On pump gas they rate at 1150hp and on C16 they rate at 1550 with the computer and pulley changes. Bob feels very good about making it without problems. As a cat you would be very surprised as to the good fuel econemy that it gets. We just need to load up the Ipod with lots of music and make sure the A/C stays working. He should have major sponsors lined up very soon for this. I know who they are but until the deal is signed I can not say. As for what someone asked a few pages ago about photo's I am pretty sure that a helo will be used for the start and finish.

Geico insurance? :)