WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Beer at Lake Elsinore?

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Headin' out in a few days to the lake...can ya drink beer out there ( I know not in the boat),but is there anywhere I can without can causing an issue..Just a couple with lunch or sumthin'? In the channel where the "Tom Papp" deal takes place?? Any input? Thank's.....Skee! :p

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hell yes you can drink at Elsinore.. If you can't it's news to me?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Pretty sure you are not supposed to drink beer out there.

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I just remember...years ago when I was out there for the Tom Papp deal AND the first time I met Riverdave himself :skull I'm pretty sure there was a quite a few beers flowin' in that channel.... :p

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Well... are you asking what the rules are or what you can get away with;)? I usually enjoy a few out there but I don't broadcast to the world what I'm doing nor do I act like an idiot so it's generally not a problem.:thumbsup

steves86ta

Reaction score
I dont know if its like Lake Perris, but Lake Perris says its okay to drink in your boat but not in the "day use" areas. In other words. I will float with the keys out of the ignition and drink a beer or two from the back seat. I did it in elsinore a few weeks ago and never had a problem, but again i dont know for sure

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I dont know if its like Lake Perris, but Lake Perris says its okay to drink in your boat but not in the "day use" areas. In other words. I will float with the keys out of the ignition and drink a beer or two from the back seat. I did it in elsinore a few weeks ago and never had a problem, but again i dont know for sure

This may be the case. On thier website it specifies no alcohol on city beachs or levee's but does not specifically say you can not have alcohol.

Riverguy553

Reaction score
It's Lake Elsinore.... You can do everything, even drink the water....

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Nutthin' major...I mean..me..I can wait till we get off the lake....I've been drinkin' for years and I know when the time is right....personally,I'd rather not,but my buddy want's to bring a "few" for us...I'd just rather not have the issue....but it will definitely NOT be to many....not gettin' stupid or nothing....I've been boating for 35 years at the River and Lakes and have never had a issue with drinking in my boat...I know how to make people behave....I was just curious is all...

cmayer

Reaction score
We drink in the cove almost every weekend. We even held our beers up to cheer the lake patrol when some guys started blaring "Bad Boy, Bad Boys" from their huge speakers that they set up on shore.

Their biggest issue is stupid people starting fights. It's why they cruise the cove so much and even have patrols in trucks and SxS's during holiday weekends.

Kick back, make friends, have a few beers and don't drive with a beer in hand or while hammered and they'll leave you alone.

I talk to the patrol guys all the time at La Laguna and they know what's in my cooler. They'll bust you for wake in a no wake, going against the direction of travel, reckless operation, starting fights, swimming across the cove, or just being a douche. Don't give them a reason to hassle you and they're all pretty cool.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I have "toasted" many a patrol boat at Lake Elsinore and never had a problem. But then my 2 litre bottle full of Pepsi looks remarkably like my 1 litre bottle of Jack. But I do try to not let them see me mixing the two. Gatorade bottles work quite well for holding friends margaritas too (or so I'm told).

77charger

Reaction score

Helpful hint the keys out of the ignition alone wont spare you from a DUI.The boat is still considered underway.

You need to have it anchored or moored to be legal.

One thing i leaned in boater safety course.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lol here's your sign....;)

If he's asking what is literally allowed then by the book it is not on the beachs. Like others I've never had an issue there either drinking a few but I'm not gonna tell a guy... yeah fuck it hammer down lol

Helpful hint the keys out of the ignition alone wont spare you from a DUI.The boat is still considered underway.

You need to have it anchored or moored to be legal.

One thing i leaned in boater safety course.

Unless you can't find the keys and it's physically impossible to start.. Then in AZ it is no longer a motorized vehicle. Something I learned from a lawyer.

RD

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
They call it coors light cove for a Reason ;)
I was not aware of this.....:skull
I was just gonna say they call it Coors light cove. WTF are these people talking about you can't drink at Elsinore?
I did...and it was all good,but Hell...It was Wednesday...there was only 2 other boats on the lake.... :thumbup:
Lol here's your sign....;)

If he's asking what is literally allowed then by the book it is not on the beachs. Like others I've never had an issue there either drinking a few but I'm not gonna tell a guy... yeah fuck it hammer down lol
It was all good! I was just checkin'.....Had a blast...ski'd for the first time in 3 years...Thank's All for your input! :thumbsup :) :D Skee