WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Barstow Del Taco vs the rest of the Del Tacos

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I've heard about it....like it is some sort of holy place, but since it's still called Del Taco I have not deviated from my normal path across the desert to pass by said "mecca of mexican food" to try it. What's the difference? Do they have real tacos or a similar menu to the usual scumbags?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It is a menu with a few extra and throwback items. Some of the tacos and burritos are better, the prices are a little more, the tacos are better.

I like the carnitas burritos.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
It ain't no mecca of Mexican Food. But the sizes are larger and the quality seems better than other Del Tacos. It still is guero food.
So...bigger trouble. Last time I had Del Taco on the way home I pulled of the freeway and had to bust the lock off a portable shithouse with my trailer drawbar to deal with an emergency. I’ll continue to avoid them I guess.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Barstow Del Taco is the holiest grail of Del Tacos. Better quality. Larger tacos. Fresh. No matter how busy barstow is, and how long the line is, its always a quick bite to eat there. And they have decent bathrooms.

thedan

Reaction score
There’s 2 Del Tacos in Barstow. Make sure you go to the correct one.
3. Lenwood, Mountainview, and 1st street. I think Ed runs all 3 the same way. I’ve been to the first two and are the same=good. Haven’t been to 1st street.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
If you like Del Taco in general, you'll love the Barstow ones. A little higher priced, but much bigger portions. Fast service, RV parking, clean restrooms, and California desert weather. You can even get a decent sized trailer thru the drive thru.

Playpen

Reaction score
Went Monday to Lenwood

Attachments

• 9A33C2D8-3EB3-4504-B595-53041D2DCDE6.jpeg
    9A33C2D8-3EB3-4504-B595-53041D2DCDE6.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 642

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I believe the original owners/founders family own the locations in Barstow, and I have tried to keep the quality of the ingredients as close as possible to the old days.

The one on 1st Street is the oldest Del Taco in existence (The original location was torn down at some point), but doesn't have a lot of parking. If you have a boat or trailer with you, go to Lenwood.

Sent From Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
They are legit. But I don’t head up that way often. My taco stop has always been El Burrito in Redlands. There’s good parking across the St for a big ass boat or Toyhauler.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Friend of mine a retired attorney/superior court judge... swears by the Dell Taco by the Burbank airport ...he got me to go there with him once and for the life of me I can’t remember what I ordered ... he swears by some sort of burrito that they have???he’s been doing it for years???...
... now that I think about it I may have ordered something stupid like a taco burger couple of hamburger buns with taco meat in the middle... do they even sell those???...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Brstow del tacos truly are better than the others. I wish Barstow was on the 10 so we could stop there whenever we go to California.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I may have ordered something stupid like a taco burger couple of hamburger buns with taco meat in the middle... do they even sell those???...
The ones here in Riverside don’t

Havazoo

Reaction score
It's simple, It's 2 hours from LA, 2 hours from Vegas and 2 hours from Havasu. By the time you get to Barstow you're staving, anything would taste good....
It's a must, lol

RCDave

Reaction score
No wonder. I tried the del taco off outlet center. About a half hour later....bubble gut churnage.....ugh. lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
...Friend of mine a retired attorney/superior court judge... swears by the Dell Taco by the Burbank airport ...he got me to go there with him once and for the life of me I can’t remember what I ordered ... he swears by some sort of burrito that they have???he’s been doing it for years???...
... now that I think about it I may have ordered something stupid like a taco burger couple of hamburger buns with taco meat in the middle... do they even sell those???...

Bun Taco, they have them at Barstow. They are good, but not worth the $3.

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Birria de res con consome. 5 minutes away. I could eat a dozen. Insanely good.

View attachment 887180

Wow! My arteries said WTF though.

The Barstow Del started the whole sauce on the table thing until covid set in. They even have specials like slow cooked carne. I got one of the carne buritos there one time and really good...for Del Taco that is.

You know when someone says "you couldn't pay me enough to live there?". Barstow is the first town that comes to mind. I seriously would rather live in Baker. At least they have that bad ass thermometer. :D

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
The one on N 1st Ave is Del Taco #1. It even says on the receipt at the top.
It is the oldest in existence, but it isn't the original (it is referred to a store #1). I thought I read somewhere that this was the 3rd or 4th location, opened in the early 70's. The original opened in 1964.

Sent From Tapatalk

Your ad here

Reaction score
It is the oldest in existence, but it isn't the original (it is referred to a store #1). I thought I read somewhere that this was the 3rd or 4th location, opened in the early 70's. The original opened in 1964.

Sent From Tapatalk
AFAIK the original Del Taco was in Yermo... it's a burger place now.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score

Sent From Tapatalk
you read it on the wall at DT in Barstow/Lenwood....
they have pictures representing the history of D.T. on their walls..

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Barstow del is good stuff. We always make the stop on the way to dumont or Vegas.

order it “bold” style = good stuff

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
There was a thread about a Naugles soft opening right before the Covid scam broke loose.
Anyone know if they did?
I know there is one that opened up before the Covid bullshit....I believe it's Garden Grove....on BEACH? Lil bit North of the 22

golakers

Reaction score
Ed lives in Dana Point I believe and commutes a few days a week. We stop EVERY time we go to Vegas. Food is at your table by the time you finish getting your drink. Runs like a machine.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
There’s 2 Del Tacos in Barstow. Make sure you go to the correct one.
There is actually 3 Del Taco’s in Barstow 1 is down by the tracks hard to find, 2 is on Main Street just west of McDonalds and 3 is at Lenwood exit. 1 & 2 are still owned by the original family and you’ll see the og man of the taco there on occasion and 3 was sold about 5 years ago but keeps to the og standard. The rest of the Del Taco’s around the world just suck but any of those three you’ll be understand the hype.

Nordie

Reaction score
Isn't the Baker Del Taco also somehow tied to the Barstow ones? I've had the Baker Del Taco a couple of times, and it was more like the Barstow Del Taco.

JFMFG

Reaction score
No wonder. I tried the del taco off outlet center. About a half hour later....bubble gut churnage.....ugh. lol
I stay away from eating before the trip to havasu not worth the risk I have to dump the hottest sauce on anything Mexican they have lol. I haven’t learned yet

JFMFG

Reaction score
Birria de res con consome. 5 minutes away. I could eat a dozen. Insanely good.

View attachment 887180
I’d be stopping every 5 minutes if I ate that on the way to havasu I have no control when it comes to Mexican and the hottest salsa the places have

• Haha
Reactions: BTR

MagicMan

Reaction score
I stopped at this "Famous Del Taco" once. All i can say its Fken Del Taco. I fell for the hype, so disappointed never again.