WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ball Option on CP 3

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
What are you guys using as a ball option usage for a PC 3 electric trailer. I don’t want to mount anything on my trailer and would like to use my 2 5/-6 trailer receiver to move my boat around. Thx

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
WTF is a CP 3 electric trailer? (yes, I googled it...came up dry)

Last edited:

dspracing

Reaction score
Welded a piece of tubing to the underside of the tongue. You could barely tell it was there. However, it wasn’t the nicest trailer either.

Isn’t the jack the other option?

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
With a ball it's not going to be very steady. When the powercaster hits a pebble the handle is probably gonna take your chin off

Mikes56

Reaction score
I don’t have a PC3 yet but I have the Parkit 360 ball and mount, all ready for when I buy a PC3. There’s a ring that tightens up under the flange on the trailer so it can turn but won’t flop around. The ball has a weld blob on I to stop it from turning. I did extensive research before I bought it. There’s several YouTube videos on it.
I would buy a Parkit360 but I don’t want another damn battery and I have a 110 receptacle right outside my garage. Also, the PC3 has plans so I can make brackets to move my 5th wheel toy hauler with it also.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
I don’t have a PC3 yet but I have the Parkit 360 ball and mount, all ready for when I buy a PC3. There’s a ring that tightens up under the flange on the trailer so it can turn but won’t flop around. The ball has a weld blob on I to stop it from turning. I did extensive research before I bought it. There’s several YouTube videos on it.
I would buy a Parkit360 but I don’t want another damn battery and I have a 110 receptacle right outside my garage. Also, the PC3 has plans so I can make brackets to move my 5th wheel toy hauler with it also.
That’s what I was looking at, the park it 360 ball tower. Does that tower fit in the pc3 slot and does that tower need trimmed down a little.

Mikes56

Reaction score
That’s what I was looking at, the park it 360 ball tower. Does that tower fit in the pc3 slot and does that tower need trimmed down a little.
The tower is a little loose in the PC3 slot, I was just going to use it as is, or shim it. I’m not sure if the tower needs trimming down or not, it is quite tall.

I need to borrow my buddies PC3 and try it.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
The tower is a little loose in the PC3 slot, I was just going to use it as is, or shim it. I’m not sure if the tower needs trimming down or not, it is quite tall.

I need to borrow my buddies PC3 and try it.
Thx, yeah let me know if it fits. I just purchased a PC3 today. It looks like the inside slot is 2.25” inside. Thx again, if you choose not to grab a pc3 I’ll buy your tower lol

Mikes56

Reaction score
When you refer to the “slot”, it’s actually a short piece of tubing, correct? Are you saying it’s 2.25” I.D.?

Did you buy it new from the place that makes them? I think they are in AZ?

Mikes56

Reaction score
Where do you live? If you’re close to Santa Clarita you can come by and try my ball tower.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Where do you live? If you’re close to Santa Clarita you can come by and try my ball tower.
I’m in chino hills unfortunately . Yes that slot piece is 2.25” ID. I found mine on offer up

Attachments

• IMG_3695.jpeg
    IMG_3695.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 29

Mikes56

Reaction score
The O.D. of the ball tower is 2”. I’m thinking a piece of 1/8” wall tubing dropped into the top of the PC3 for a shim, will work perfect. After looking at the tallness of it again, it’s not going to be too tall once it’s shimmed correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 30

Mikes56

Reaction score
That looks like a PC1 or PC2 in the center of your pic. The PC3 has two wheels/tires.

NicPaus

Reaction score
My PC 2 came with all different size round shims. I recently sold the unit. But couldn't find the Shima. I know they are in my garage at the other property. If I make it by there today I will look for them.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
That looks like a PC1 or PC2 in the center of your pic. The PC3 has two wheels/tires.
This is the one I bought and attachment the guy had to mount to trailer. Fits perfect in slot , just not mounting it on trailer

Attachments

• IMG_3698.jpeg
    IMG_3698.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3699.jpeg
    IMG_3699.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3700.jpeg
    IMG_3700.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
My PC 2 came with all different size round shims. I recently sold the unit. But couldn't find the Shima. I know they are in my garage at the other property. If I make it by there today I will look for them.
Awesome thx

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
MOUNT IT!!!!!

The mount / tube prevents the machine from rolling front to back and SIDE to SIDE. Even 100% flat inside the garage I dropped the tonge of my boat using a 2 5/8 ball attachment.

Mount the attachment, paint it to match, not a single person will notice.

Mikes56

Reaction score
This is the one I bought and attachment the guy had to mount to trailer. Fits perfect in slot , just not mounting it on trailer
Ahh okay. I’ve never seen an attachment point like that before.

That would look hideous on a nice boat/trailer. I’ve been accused of being too OCD tho.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Did you mount an attachment or did you move using a ball

sczagurs

Reaction score
I purchased this ball from trailer valet. The slide below the ball screws up against the tongue in the trailer so it doesn’t rotate. Downside is having to either have a sleeve made or just have a new piece of tubing welded on. Mikey at Prime marine did mine came out perfect.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Did you mount an attachment or did you move using a ball
With a ball. But it struggled with the bigger dump trailers empty while turning sharp as they have a lot of tongue weight. Was going to buy a pc3 for the dual tires and try that. The tire would want to lay flat in a sharper turn. Motor had plenty of power but keeping the wheel upright and straight was the issue. Rest of the trailers no problem even if they were heavier but less tongue weight.

I have to go to the other property Tomorrow to pick up the skidsteer. I will look around for the inserts.