WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone know who this is?

SPL2K

Reaction score
I would like to use this photo in an ad but want their permission first.

Attachments

• boatfloat.jpg
    boatfloat.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 896

renodaytona

Reaction score
It's Grads at Lake Tahoe...

I saw that picture I think it was on the poker runs west site.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Definitely Grads on Tahoe. I put a call in to him and let him know to check the thread.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
That looks like 460 about 150 pounds ago, before he was black, and before he got into jet boating.

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
I would like to use this photo in an ad but want their permission first.

Yes it's me. You are more than welcome to use it and if you need a high resolution picture let me know.:thumbsup

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
How did the tables treat you that weekend? Earn some more comps ;)

Tank

Reaction score
If that's a professional photo from a run I'd recommend getting permission from the photographer to avoid any type of legal issues. Just a suggestion. I remember when that pic was taken...it's f*cking awesome.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
I love that photo too. How deep is that . just wondering. Thanks.

BajaMike

Reaction score
If that's a professional photo from a run I'd recommend getting permission from the photographer to avoid any type of legal issues. Just a suggestion. I remember when that pic was taken...it's f*cking awesome.

Good point....the photographer owns the rights to the picture.

Great shot and nice looking boat, by the way!

Reaction score
That looks like 460 about 150 pounds ago, before he was black, and before he got into jet boating.
Listen here boy. Dont make me start refering to you as THE CANADIAN HONKEY

PVHCA

Reaction score
Says who that the photographer owns a pic of GRADS and his boat? Maybe a random photo, doubt it but if he got GRADS permission and GRADS gave his permission to the thread starter to use it how can the photographer have any say?

I'm not sure anything can be done unless GRADS was paid.

BajaT

Reaction score
May need......

Attachments

• dave.jpg
    dave.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Actually I paid for the photographer and the helicopter. I'm pretty sure if I say he can use it he can.:p

I paid a professional photographer to take family pictures. She gave us a CD with all the pictures she had taken.

We wanted to print some extra photos off the CD at costco and they would not let us do it without written authorization from the photographer even when we had already paid for the pictures and CD.

BajaMike

Reaction score
I paid a professional photographer to take family pictures. She gave us a CD with all the pictures she had taken.

We wanted to print some extra photos off the CD at costco and they would not let us do it without written authorization from the photographer even when we had already paid for the pictures and CD.

Under federal copy write laws, the photographer automatically (even an amateur) owns the rights to his pictures. If a professional photographer gives you pictures he took for you, you should have him sign a release (which most wont do).

For example, when you have a professional photographer do your wedding pictures, they almost never give up their rights, you have to buy each picture from them (that's why they put their notice in the middle of all the sample pictures).

As a practical matter, if he lets you post them up on the public Internet, he probably gives up some of his rights. But using them commercially may be a problem.

:headscratch:

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
This is stupid. If it's that big of a deal I will give the guy the name and number of the photographer. The photog is a good dude and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if he used it....but I guess there's no drama in that.:rolleyes:

BajaMike

Reaction score
This is stupid. If it's that big of a deal I will give the guy the name and number of the photographer. The photog is a good dude and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if he used it....but I guess there's no drama in that.:rolleyes:

Thats a good idea. Drama, what drama?

I remember you had a bunch of cool pics from that Tahoe trip....post a few more up!

SPL2K

Reaction score
.....Look what I started. :rolleyes:

Its all GRADS fault for having such a cool boat and pic. :p

JBS

Reaction score
Everyone needs to stop picking on Grads or his buddy from PB will get all mad:D

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
I really pride myself in not having any friends over at PB.;)

77charger

Reaction score
Says who that the photographer owns a pic of GRADS and his boat? Maybe a random photo, doubt it but if he got GRADS permission and GRADS gave his permission to the thread starter to use it how can the photographer have any say?

I'm not sure anything can be done unless GRADS was paid.

Some photogs will sell the rights to someone to use a photo how they wish.If this was done then its fine and all good.But for that person to give the rights to another without photogs permission is or may be another issue.

I take alot of drag boats and if i saw one of my pics used for commercial use i would be all over it to get paid.It aint free for me to travel,buy camera gear,and shoot everyones boats.I dont mind them being used or posted here,there or facebook.Some have purchased pics often and i have let them use jpegs as they wish with my permisson.

hallett21

Reaction score
Some photogs will sell the rights to someone to use a photo how they wish.If this was done then its fine and all good.But for that person to give the rights to another without photogs permission is or may be another issue.

I take alot of drag boats and if i saw one of my pics used for commercial use i would be all over it to get paid.It aint free for me to travel,buy camera gear,and shoot everyones boats.I dont mind them being used or posted here,there or facebook.Some have purchased pics often and i have let them use jpegs as they wish with my permisson.

Just wondering how you would feel if someone paid you to take photos of them and then they distributed them? Haven't you been paid for your service and you no longer have an attachment to the photo. Not trying to start an argument just trying to understand how photography from a business standpoint works. I understand if you were taking photos and then someone sold them without you knowing, I'd be pissed. But your travel and time have been paid for in lets say a poker run right? Isn't a picture of my boat, with me in it mine, if I paid the photographer in advance with the intentions to have pictures of my boat.

77charger

Reaction score
Just wondering how you would feel if someone paid you to take photos of them and then they distributed them? Haven't you been paid for your service and you no longer have an attachment to the photo. Not trying to start an argument just trying to understand how photography from a business standpoint works. I understand if you were taking photos and then someone sold them without you knowing, I'd be pissed. But your travel and time have been paid for in lets say a poker run right? Isn't a picture of my boat, with me in it mine, if I paid the photographer in advance with the intentions to have pictures of my boat.

If i were paid upfront to do so for a disc.I would have no problem with you using them as you wish as long as profit is not involved unless there was a prior agreement.

Couple years ago i had a buggy builder have me do some shots for him and his cars.He wanted pics for personal and business use and i gave him full rights for the pics.Was not a problem for me on that level.Now if found a random pic of his car and decided to buy a jpeg to make a pic for his office and then decided to use for advertisement i may want some more money.Most times i am fine getting a jpeg to customers who buy prints often for personal use or maybe more if they are a great customer.

Its pretty hard to make money off photos right now.For races i travel on my own dime with no guarantee of making profit.I do so as a hobby and if i break even i am fine.But i have to try and sell prints to make money.Some weekends are good others lucky to break even.Its not a full time job as i already have one of those.its just a way to make some extra money for desert or river trips.

hallett21

Reaction score
If i were paid upfront to do so for a disc.I would have no problem with you using them as you wish as long as profit is not involved unless there was a prior agreement.

Couple years ago i had a buggy builder have me do some shots for him and his cars.He wanted pics for personal and business use and i gave him full rights for the pics.Was not a problem for me on that level.Now if found a random pic of his car and decided to buy a jpeg to make a pic for his office and then decided to use for advertisement i may want some more money.Most times i am fine getting a jpeg to customers who buy prints often for personal use or maybe more if they are a great customer.

Its pretty hard to make money off photos right now.For races i travel on my own dime with no guarantee of making profit.I do so as a hobby and if i break even i am fine.But i have to try and sell prints to make money.Some weekends are good others lucky to break even.Its not a full time job as i already have one of those.its just a way to make some extra money for desert or river trips.

got it :thumbsup

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
I love that photo too. How deep is that . just wondering. Thanks.

That water is crazy there is about 30 feet after the drop off who knows how deep that lake is bad ass lake for sure.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This forum rules! :D

Indeed!! Was out in front of your shop today smoking a cig.. Was over seeing Daryl at Robinson. I ended up having to leave in a big hurry or I was gonna stop by and say hi.

RD

RiverOtter

Got Any Pics
Reaction score
That is one of the best boating photos ever. Must have been one awesome day at the lake :cool: