WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone else giving Sirius the Boot?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I gave Sirius the boot and switched over to RadioIO's pay service and couldn't be happier, I used to be one of Sirius's biggest fans, but over the last 6 months, i can no longer defend them, they are going to run that company into the ground. Anyone else kicking Sirius the Curb?

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Been very happy with Sirius. what is RadioIO?

C-2

Reaction score
Yes, tell us more about the other service; in particular, why you like them better.

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
I gave Sirius the boot and switched over to RadioIO's pay service and couldn't be happier, I used to be one of Sirius's biggest fans, but over the last 6 months, i can no longer defend them, they are going to run that company into the ground. Anyone else kicking Sirius the Curb?

I contemplated it after they cut bubba, i get sick of music at work, but i cant give up stern, he has his bad days but its still the best radio show out there, and having the replay and best of in the afternoons is awesome they have had so many good bits over the years its still funny and the interviews he gets are incredible.

sirbob

Reaction score
I got rid of serious when they merged with XM

I did not like the music - we found that the stations we listened to changed too much and I really did not like their billing practices - I had to dispute charges they put on my card after I told them I did not want to have the charges put on my card. I said send me a bill but they applied it to an old credit card they had on file - that was the last straw for me - I want to control when I spend my money not have them put it on my cc when ever they want...:thumbsdown

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
I'm thinking about ditching them and just running Pandora through my phone. But, where I live right now, I sometimes cannot get decent cell service and Pandora won't run, so Sirius stays.

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Kicked them to the curb last December after they double billed me
My annual renew date was in June
But they hit my card again in Dec
Wonder if I'm the only one :(

Sent from my iPhone

sergeantmike

Reaction score
Gotta have Sirius 31~Radio Margaritaville~ when on the boat.

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Ditched XM in October. There service sucks ass.

Halvecto

Reaction score
I just drove from L.A. to Houston. I was running Pandora through my EVO for the entire drive and did not lose connection one time. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the program. Other than having to make a few "channel" changes to mix it up, it worked flawlessly. Garth Brooks station was a great recipe for driving the open (desolate) I10 through West Texas.

Before I left, I had downloaded the Sirius mobile app thinking it would be a great tool, only to realize that it only runs off WiFi and not the 3G/4G. Uninstalled it. Totally useless app in my opinion. I keep Sirius (XM in the Chevy) in my car for the talk/news stations.

linus3

Reaction score
Ditched those crooks about two years ago. Was tired of the dbl. billing. After I contacted them to terminate, it took a good part of eight months and a threat of a law suit to finally get them to close my account. Six months after that I get a bill in the mail for my renewal. Still had my old credit card number on it. They were requesting my new CC# for billing purposes. :fingers:

dezertrider

Reaction score
Love the service and havent listend to FM in over a year.

I will put 30k on my truck this year and knowing i have commercial free music all the time is priceless. Some of the places I drive have no cel reception at all.

Oh yeah? RED DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I cancelled them a year ago and havent missed anyhting except Stern. When I used to drive a lot I listened religiously. I pretty much run my ipod, pandora and Movies all the time now.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I'm hesitant to drop it in the truck.

Even tho I rarely drive it, if I somehow forgot my iPod, then it would completely suck ass to listen to LA radio.

I have XM in the car, though.
Even though I don't get a multi-car discount because "Sirius and XM are different companies" :rolleyes:

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
Dropped the wife's car in January and mine last week. I've got an 80 Gig mp3 player that is loaded and I hop in and hit shuffle...don't miss it one bit.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Turned off all 3 of my subs and use Slacker Radio's pay service. 50 a year and you can cache (store) on multiple devices so you do not need cell service. I run it on 2 Itouch, Iphone, Android, and a Slacker Mp3 player. My wife missed her Cosmo Radio in her car so she bought a year of XM for under 90 bucks.

The Ultimatum

Reaction score
I just drove from L.A. to Houston. I was running Pandora through my EVO for the entire drive and did not lose connection one time. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the program. Other than having to make a few "channel" changes to mix it up, it worked flawlessly. Garth Brooks station was a great recipe for driving the open (desolate) I10 through West Texas.

Before I left, I had downloaded the Sirius mobile app thinking it would be a great tool, only to realize that it only runs off WiFi and not the 3G/4G. Uninstalled it. Totally useless app in my opinion. I keep Sirius (XM in the Chevy) in my car for the talk/news stations.

Maybe your 3G wasn't working? I drive from Santa Clarita to Bakersfield and the Sirius app on my iPhone works, only stops playing if I'm in an area with no service.

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
My wife missed her Cosmo Radio in her car so she bought a year of XM for under 90 bucks.

When I canceled, XM offered us a 5 month subscription for $20.

Told them no thanks anyway...

sirbob

Reaction score
Kicked them to the curb last December after they double billed me
My annual renew date was in June
But they hit my card again in Dec
Wonder if I'm the only one :(

Sent from my iPhone

Thats the sort of thing they were doing to me - not a big issue if the send the bill - but they were hitting a credit card I told them flat out to get off their books - do not use.

riverroyal

Reaction score
music is good,,,just wait until you need to deal with a billing issue,,,and there will be a issue. I booted them

RiverRacerX

RRX Dude
Reaction score
I was double-billed as well. And their customer service sucks. Now that I cancelled they call me almost everyday with the $5.00/mo. deal. But they are so annoying I just hang up on them.

Their music is repetitive and they are hardly commercial free. I have a free 3 month trial in my new car and I use it, but don't want to pay for it anymore.

My new car will bluetooth music and Pandora to my stereo wirelessly so that is my go-to now. Plus I have an 8GB USB stick filled with music that works just fine too.

I don't need another bill!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Sterns show has been horrible since the beginning of the year, the only thing he does is imitate his parents for 2 hours a day, then senator kennedy during the news. I listened to his show religiously since day on Sirius, but in my opinion he is now going through the motions of not wanting to be there. I think he only resigned to give all his employees a chance to prepare for their 5 year exit, to start thinking about finding new jobs. Bubba's show on the other hand has been flat out amazing since he started on RadioIO,

What really pissed me off with Sirius was first they screwed bubba, then O&A, then Ferrall, they screwed Stern it comes out now too. They are driving talent away. That's the philosophical debate i have with them. The practical debate i have is since i listen most of the time at my shop, from the computer, Sirius's sound quality sucks unless you pay the extra 2.99 a month, but even then the thing clicks off every 90 minutes and makes you manually restart the feed, which means i'd have to stop work, go back and restart the feed. RadioIO on the other hand is less money, has more music channels, with higher sound quality than even Sirius's premium online service. And it will run for days on end without booting you off every 90 minutes. And you can log in with more than 1 computer at a time without it kicking the other one off.

Also when Sirius Merged with XM they dumped the bitrate way down on all the other talk channels except howards, I listened to Covino and Rich all the time on the Maxim channel, but it became unbearable after they dumped the quality to add in all the extra channels into their spectrum width. It sounds worse than AM....

Like someone said above, with the Cell service getting so good for mobile broadband, having a phone app (like pandora, or RadioIO's) is just as good as satellite in a practical sense in most areas of the country. You can stream away and never miss a beat.

Edit: Bottom line, Stern is on the way down hill, i personally don't care to listen to reruns of his old shows (i've already heard them) The music on sirius was great, but it's even better on RadioIO, I think satellite radio will run its course in the next 5 years, they will continue to have to pay to maintain their satellites, while internet access becomes more wide spread wirelessly, and all these internet radio stations will be able to offer better services, without the overhead of having to maintain a network of satellites in space.

Last edited:

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
lifetime subscriber and stockholder back when it dropped to $.13 a share. Im either hoping they grow (not likely) or their infrastructure gets purchased for something else.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I'll follow Stern wherever he goes. I haven't ever listened to any of the other stations. Kinda spendy to only listen to one guy, but I've been a fan since elementary school and I'm not giving up. I don't think he sucks at all.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Still enjoy mine. Would really miss margaritaville and some of the talk radio. I also liike the pause feature of mine just stop it when I get too one of my branches and restart listening where I was.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
My XM is up in May, and that will be it. Fucking comedy channel has tons of talk shows as does some of the music channels I used to enjoy. Pandora is the shit!

Cdog

Reaction score
I had XM for years until they merged with sirus and dropped the punk station. Now we have Alpine navi units and bluetooth pandora or music through my HTC evo.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Driving back from Vegas we just couldn't find anything on it interesting to listen to.
Thought about letting it go,, but have held onto it anyway.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
I'll follow Stern wherever he goes. I haven't ever listened to any of the other stations. Kinda spendy to only listen to one guy, but I've been a fan since elementary school and I'm not giving up. I don't think he sucks at all.

Listen...you'll come up to the show and get topless...that's right, topless

T O P L E S S, topless......roflmao....:skull

There are some days that the show isn't great but still the best show on radio by far....

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score

There are some days that the show isn't great but still the best show on:skull radio by far....

Agree....i dont like the reruns tho. Wish bu ba was back

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Well, until today I was just peachy with them...

But I went to re-activate the XM after the trial period was up in the new car and they won't deal with me at all, other then offer a years subscription. Been a Sirius customer since '03 and of course a SiriusXM customer since the merger. So much for loyalty pays.

Haven't decided if I'll keep them or not...

jarrettolson

Reaction score
dropped the f'ing tre and love bubba's show now that he is in charge and doesn't have to deal with corporate telling him not to get crazy. I also love the fact that it doesn't log me off after 90 minutes.

I kept sirius/xm but every day I think about canceling it.

Schi-502

Reaction score
Had XM in '02. Held Sirius stock since '01. Switched to Sirius in '03 and canceled when they brought Rosie on board. I had two vehicles and three portables. They continue to call and ask me to re-up. I ask if Rosie is still there and they play dumb. Uh, I don't know....

They suck. I still have a but load of stock. Thought it would go up after the merger. NOT!

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score

There are some days that the show isn't great but still the best show on radio by far....

"Now lets go F*ck some whores!!" :D:D

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I have XM ( yes they suck ) BUT being on the REZ its better than nothing , What is this other radio you tell about???????????????/:cool:

Reaction score
I am an XM Radio subscriber, as well as an XM Weather subscriber for the airplane.

I recently upgraded to this model
img8913943.jpg

I can plug it into anywhere that has a "audio in " It has docking stations for those who want easy transfer from car to home. I believe 2G of memory with a micro sd card slot.....holds over 100 hours of music.

I would love to be in a few meetings at SirrusXM with the design team. As said before, Sirrus is sitting on some of the best unexploited technology and frequency bandwidths. I can't wait to see XM Version 2.0

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
Still have Sirius in my truck.

Just canceled the portable I have in the house because now I just play Pandora through my Roku/Netflix box...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Haven't paid a dime for almost 7 years. Lifetime paid for itself close to 5 years ago.
Still love it.