WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another reason I hate police

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
I think all stupid people should go to jail!!!!!!! This country has laws for a reason no matter how stupid!!!! Good job PD!!!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Honestly these guys are idiots. What point are they trying to make?

If they don't have a permit to sell lemonade's then they should be arrested.

If they were handing out free lemonades I don't think it would be an issue.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
...okay, I dont "hate" all of them...but most haha

this is a great example of our tax dollars going to great use...

Children defy police in Washington, purchase lemonade at Capitol - YouTube

1st of all these are not fucking Children. Yes they are louring children over for their cause which the way I see it is no different then a criminal using children as a shield.

Maybe instead of a protest these rich kid green piece maggots could find a real job and not waste resources.

They are trying to prove a point but what was the point? Selling w/o a permit? On public property? Give me a fucking break.

I suppose we should turn every public place into a free for all swap meet.

prosthogod

Reaction score
Honestly these guys are idiots. What point are they trying to make?

If they don't have a permit to sell lemonade's then they should be arrested.

If they were handing out free lemonades I don't think it would be an issue.
So you think arrested rather than cited and fined?????
They may be idiots, but arrested, give me an f'in break.
I continue to hate cops.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
I think it's funny and sad, but the police don't make the laws they just have to enforce them. They choose to defy the law so off to jail.
If you want to get a state law changed, start a petition or they should start by calling/writing a representative or senator. This was just a waste of time for the PD

Last edited:

rivergames

Reaction score
They should have been cited for no permit. The dike cop hitting the camera should take the dildo out of her ass :skull

HavaPaul

Reaction score
Were they on public or federal land. Either way, the law is the law. Just have to make sure the kids know why a license would be needed. In a residential area, no one would care. Could be a conspiracy to poison all those democrats over there. Proly some pee in the potion too.

slowride

Reaction score
It's bad enough WHO'S in the capital, we don't need it degraded more by it turning into a swap meet.
It looks like an obvious set up, and somebody fell for it. Those darn kids.....:rolleyes:

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
A citation would be great, if they had quit doing it. But they were not going to shut down and frankly, it seems as though they were there with the intention of being arrested. Seriously, just because they were selling something as 'wholesome' as lemonade does not make it right. What if other vendors set up shop all over the White House lawn? It'd look like a third world country.

Waste of taxpayer money? Yup, I hope they are fined heavily enough to cover the cost of dealing with them.

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
REally? You pick this incident to prove why you hate cops? LOL

The only cop that acted unprofessionally, was the woman cop when she grabbed the camera a couple times - and that was minimal. They wanted a reaction from the cops...and got arrested.

And, I think they have to have a permit to give the stuff away for free....at least they do in CA.

I wouldn't have a problem with the permit process, if the permit process actually did something for the public and the vendors....but all permits like this do is create revenue for the government.

I have to get a health permit to re-sell prepackaged bread. The county did not inspect anything....all I do is fill out a form and pay them money. They "might" come out and inspect me. And if I am not in compliance with health codes, they can fine me some more...which still does NOTHING to promote public heath and safety.

Dettom

Reaction score
You guys do know that lemonade thing was staged right? It was done to illicit a police response so they could you -tube it. The cops on bikes don't give a rat's ass about lemonade stands, but the tool who gives them their orders, does. Personally, I think they should have responded with tear gas. I hate lemonade w/o vodka anyway..

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Were they on public or federal land. Either way, the law is the law. Just have to make sure the kids know why a license would be needed. In a residential area, no one would care. Could be a conspiracy to poison all those democrats over there. Proly some pee in the potion too.

Not really. There was a golf tournament this year (the players I think) and all the residents usually get permits to sell parking spots on their lawns etc. Some of the neighborhhod kids (im talking about 8 year olds) put up a Lemonade stand and were cited for vending without a permit. It made the news. I think some folks are a little fed up with the government being in control of EVERY aspect of their lives. I understand the need for rules and permits but its gone a little far. Peoples business are being regulated and permited to death. This display was very stupid in my opinion as it doesnt make much of a point and has no impact. There should be some sort of law that sale of anythng under a certain amount (like a dollar) doesnt require a permit to protect the kids that have been selling lemonade for decades.

I do think it would be funny to hear the discussion in the courtroom on this one. "Your honor, these people were all thrown in the paddy wagon by 25 cops on the charge of selling lemonade". Im sure there would be some chuckles from the crowd.

BajaMike

Reaction score
1st of all these are not fucking Children. Yes they are louring children over for their cause which the way I see it is no different then a criminal using children as a shield.

I suppose we should turn every public place into a free for all swap meet.

Agreed. They only arrested them because they would not stop selling. They were trying to provoke an incedent. I'm glad the ass holes were arrested.

And you guys with the "I hate cops" slogan ought to get off that bandwagon....it's not funny and it's getting old and tired (and it's not real bright).

HavaPaul

Reaction score
Not really. There was a golf tournament this year (the players I think) and all the residents usually get permits to sell parking spots on their lawns etc. Some of the neighborhhod kids (im talking about 8 year olds) put up a Lemonade stand and were cited for vending without a permit. It made the news. I think some folks are a little fed up with the government being in control of EVERY aspect of their lives. I understand the need for rules and permits but its gone a little far. Peoples business are being regulated and permited to death. This display was very stupid in my opinion as it doesnt make much of a point and has no impact. There should be some sort of law that sale of anythng under a certain amount (like a dollar) doesnt require a permit to protect the kids that have been selling lemonade for decades.

I do think it would be funny to hear the discussion in the courtroom on this one. "Your honor, these people were all thrown in the paddy wagon by 25 cops on the charge of selling lemonade". Im sure there would be some chuckles from the crowd.
Lemonade and dog meat taco stands. Where to draw the line is the question. Lemonade should be legal, food venders not. But it's not legal. Petty as it is, the law is the law. If we pick and choose laws in which we obey based on emotion (poor kid's lemonade stand) then were in trouble.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Lemonade and dog meat taco stands. Where to draw the line is the question. Lemonade should be legal, food venders not. But it's not legal. Petty as it is, the law is the law. If we pick and choose laws in which we obey based on emotion (poor kid's lemonade stand) then were in trouble.

Isnt Osama Bin Barrack doing this very thing? Picking which laws and parts of the constitution to uphold or ignore.

Sorry but I hate any stupid laws and any people stupid enough to uphold a blatantly stupid law. Provided no one is gonna get hurt.

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
Id bang that dyke cop...in a fricken heartbeat!!!:D:D

And Id let the midget watch....

HavaPaul

Reaction score
Isnt Osama Bin Barrack doing this very thing? Picking which laws and parts of the constitution to uphold or ignore.

Sorry but I hate any stupid laws and any people stupid enough to uphold a blatantly stupid law. Provided no one is gonna get hurt.

Couldn't agree more. It is after all "only" a lemonade stand and not T.J. like street vendors setting up shop. When they write these laws, someone is forgetting the kids. Is the kid next door mowing lawns going to get busted?
As for Osama Bin Baraaaack, we need more than a lemonade stand showing up on that lawn. Maybe lots of people with things that go "click".

Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Only reason these freedom fighters were filming in the first place is because they wanted to get arrested. Well.... your welcome:thumbsup

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
What a waste of resources. I would have turned on the sprinklers. :thumbsup

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
What a waste of resources. I would have turned on the sprinklers. :thumbsup

Now were talking... I'd love to hear the douchebag who was yelling through the whole thing cry because he's all wet:skull

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
A citation would be great, if they had quit doing it. But they were not going to shut down and frankly, it seems as though they were there with the intention of being arrested. Seriously, just because they were selling something as 'wholesome' as lemonade does not make it right. What if other vendors set up shop all over the White House lawn? It'd look like a third world country.

Waste of taxpayer money? Yup, I hope they are fined heavily enough to cover the cost of dealing with them.

Agree!

I love it when a thread backfires!

linus3

Reaction score
Now that I do not agree with. These little girls are doing what every other girl in America has done before, including my daughter and friends last week. Its almost a part of growing up. They mean no harm by selling and just wanted to live how they were raised. Work for what you have and sometimes enjoy the fruits of your labor. Its micro management shit that makes everyone look bad. Now on the other hand, those tree hugging dolphin kissers had one thing on their mind and i'm glad to see those little pukes go to jail. :grumble:

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
How would you feel if it was a bunch of illegals selling blankets?

I'd feel the same for illegals as I would for this guy or if it was a child, pregnant woman, an elderly person or even YOU. Its wrong.

Now if it was a black person, by all means arrest them!!

just kidding haha

H20Advantage

Reaction score
They should have been cited for no permit. The dike cop hitting the camera should take the dildo out of her ass :skull

First off they were ignoring the police when told they had to stop. It appeared the offense would continue even if they had a ticket so it was taken to the next level ... physical arrest.

Camera's film away, actually that film documentation will help clear all the officers when the idiots try to sue .. because really you think they weren't there to try and cause an incident and have the police over react. The issue is Don't get up in the cops face... they were told to stay away so film from a distance... It's called Officer Safety!!!

No permit.... well that is to protect the private citizen. The permits are cheap and are a checks and balance with sales criteria attached. The person selling is also identified prior to the lemonade being sold.

Selling a food or beverage item can be a safety hazard.
where did the water come from
is it laced with anything
where did the lemons come from
is some communicable disease being passed because the lemons, water or person preparing hands were not washed appropriately.

When you get the shits, e-coli or worse from drinking it who you going after then.. the unknown lemonade sales person????

Nope you will sue the city and the cops that failed to protect you and then really be wasting the taxpayers dollars for your own personal stupidity.

So next time you see something like that don't be judgmental there is always a bigger picture.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
First off they were ignoring the police when told they had to stop. It appeared the offense would continue even if they had a ticket so it was taken to the next level ... physical arrest.

Camera's film away, actually that film documentation will help clear all the officers when the idiots try to sue .. because really you think they weren't there to try and cause an incident and have the police over react. The issue is Don't get up in the cops face... they were told to stay away so film from a distance... It's called Officer Safety!!!

No permit.... well that is to protect the private citizen. The permits are cheap and are a checks and balance with sales criteria attached. The person selling is also identified prior to the lemonade being sold.

Selling a food or beverage item can be a safety hazard.
where did the water come from
is it laced with anything
where did the lemons come from
is some communicable disease being passed because the lemons, water or person preparing hands were not washed appropriately.

When you get the shits, e-coli or worse from drinking it who you going after then.. the unknown lemonade sales person????

Nope you will sue the city and the cops that failed to protect you and then really be wasting the taxpayers dollars for your own personal stupidity.

So next time you see something like that don't be judgmental there is always a bigger picture.

So how do you feel about the 2nd video I posted? Watch that and respond since permits are your concern.

rwats23

Reaction score
We can all agree that some laws on the books are stupid. I personally believe teaching my kids to obey all laws is the way to go. Don't like one, do something to change it.

People deciding what laws to follow and which ones to ignore, that I don't want.

cxr

Reaction score

LOl i didnt watch the video until i seen this post... and then i just forwarded it to see if the cop chick was hot or nott.. Ummm NOT

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
I'd feel the same for illegals as I would for this guy or if it was a child, pregnant woman, an elderly person or even YOU. Its wrong.

Now if it was a black person, by all means arrest them!!

just kidding haha

So you're saying you're OK with anyone turning any public place into a swap meet anytime they want to?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
So you're saying you're OK with anyone turning any public place into a swap meet anytime they want to?

He sells real estate too. Anyone of all people should realize why having a business where-ever we wanted is not a good thing.

Perhaps right next to one of his listings?

How do you feel about that Young and Dumb? :D:D

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Thank you Outnumbered for bringing the facts into this thread of ignorance. These people got together to protest how ridiculous it is that the cops have been cracking down on childrens' lemonade stands all over the country. This was an act of pure Civil Disobedience (as Americans we should all appreciate this boston tea party anyone?)

These people were making the point that our governments have gone way to far in controlling the lives and free will of people. I commend them for doing this. Along side with the people who danced as a form of protest at the Jefferson Memorial and were also arrested. You can't do a god damned thing in the USA without paying some sort of tax, or fee, more like bribe, to some branch of some agency, to give you an ok stamp of official approval, permission (godfather blessing) whatever, just to live your life, to earn a living, to do whatever.

Good on these people for standing up to what they feel is an unjust set of rules. Arrested for selling f'n lemonade, that's right, stand back and think about that for a second, a dozen officers, buses, cars, jail cells, handcuffs, for selling 10cent glasses of lemonade. this is what our country has become. As a kid you can't even sell lemonade to make a few dollars. This is the type of shit that has broken the American entrepreneurial spirit over the last 2 decades, and you all wonder why our country is headed where it is.

EDIT: And you know what, in this case i really won't blame the cops, they are simply being forced to uphold a bullshit law, they are beaten individuals as well, they don't want to be reprimanded, punished, have pay docked, for 'not doing their job'. The cops aren't the real problem, but they certainly aren't the solution. The real problem is our entire government's mentality and how it has snowballed and mutated out of control into a total force of micromanaging the day to day lives of individuals, instead of being a vigilant arbitrator between parties, and in emergencies.

Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Racey: I understand your point. That does not mean the guy in the video needs to yell through out the entire thing like a giant douche bag. Notify the media and see if they will roll, do your thing, get arrested, and become a martar for lemonade sellers all across the nation.. just don't be a douche bag while doing so:D

ParkerTime

Welcome to Paradise!!!
Reaction score
Racey my friend, you speak the truth! fuc n FREE Enterprise is squashed in this country!
Get your Rossetta Stone Chinese version 1-5 ordered today!

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Chick was a total power hungry bitch and needs to be spanked!! All others did their jobs they way they were supposed to.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Thank you Outnumbered for bringing the facts into this thread of ignorance. These people got together to protest how ridiculous it is that the cops have been cracking down on childrens' lemonade stands all over the country. This was an act of pure Civil Disobedience (as Americans we should all appreciate this boston tea party anyone?)

These people were making the point that our governments have gone way to far in controlling the lives and free will of people. I commend them for doing this. Along side with the people who danced as a form of protest at the Jefferson Memorial and were also arrested. You can't do a god damned thing in the USA without paying some sort of tax, or fee, more like bribe, to some branch of some agency, to give you an ok stamp of official approval, permission (godfather blessing) whatever, just to live your life, to earn a living, to do whatever.

Good on these people for standing up to what they feel is an unjust set of rules. Arrested for selling f'n lemonade, that's right, stand back and think about that for a second, a dozen officers, buses, cars, jail cells, handcuffs, for selling 10cent glasses of lemonade. this is what our country has become. As a kid you can't even sell lemonade to make a few dollars. This is the type of shit that has broken the American entrepreneurial spirit over the last 2 decades, and you all wonder why our country is headed where it is.

EDIT: And you know what, in this case i really won't blame the cops, they are simply being forced to uphold a bullshit law, they are beaten individuals as well, they don't want to be reprimanded, punished, have pay docked, for 'not doing their job'. The cops aren't the real problem, but they certainly aren't the solution. The real problem is our entire government's mentality and how it has snowballed and mutated out of control into a total force of micromanaging the day to day lives of individuals, instead of being a vigilant arbitrator between parties, and in emergencies.

Exactly

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
Racey, you make some good points and I can't/won't disagree with the main point of your post. However, the title of this thread is, "Another reason I hate police".

This is not a reason to hate cops. Civil disobiedience in any form will get you arrested, as well it should. Think '92 and the Rodney King Riot's. Those folks thought they had a right too.

If you're gonna break the rules, you're gonna have to pay the fine and/or get arrested. Deal with iit, but don't blame the cops. In this case, you'd be better off standing in front of the grocery store and gather signatures. Or start a facebook petition or something.

The way this was handled by the "protestors" was just plain ol' stupid. On top of that, I doubt it will change anything. Next week we will be talking about something else while those morans are collecting cans to pay the fines they are sure to be given. Unless of coarse they feel so strongly about lemonade stands that they do a week in jail or something ~ which I high doubt.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
There are a lot of good posts in this thread. You can't compare kids selling lemonade in their neighborhood to these adult (idiots) trying to sell it on the lawn of the Capitol.

Like what was stated above, the cops have to do something...they were breaking the law and basically ignoring and thumbing their nose at the cops. I am perfectly OK with these morons getting arrested. I DO have a problem with the city shutting down a kids lemonade stand in front of their house. I don't blame the cops in this instance either, they are told what to do and nobody wants to lose their job and pension because the didn't follow orders. I don't have a problem with the female cop. She was polite, professional and doing her job (and didn't want a camera in her face).