WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another leaving California thread.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
You're a bit of a trip, Mate, haha.......

Funny. I think the same thing about people who nut-up to freezing water. And then tell themselves it’s great.

Not that I haven’t done the same thing plenty of times. I’m just sick of it is all. And exposure to comfortable water in other places makes it all the worse.

-Peter

Last edited:

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Funny. I think the same thing about people who nut-up to freezing water. And then tell themselves it’s great.

Not that I haven’t done the same thing plenty of times. I’m just sick of it is all. And exposure to comfortable water in other places makes it all the worse.

-Peter

I had no desire to go back into the water at California beaches after visiting those in Florida. I was ruined. Of course, it's not great for surfing, though.

hallett21

Reaction score
I fly Hawaii routes. I’m there every week. I was in Honolulu the day before yesterday. It’s 82’ish at Waikiki beach and it still requires a flinch before you submerge your torso. It becomes OK once you get used to it though. 72 requires a huge gulp of courage to get in unprotected. And you can’t stay out as long. And you really want your sweatshirt when you get out. The older I get, the more I hate hate hate having to step into cold water and get used it. I imagine it’s like people who spend too many hot summers in the desert and get tired of it?

72 and I can get away with top only… if it’s sunny… and not windy. Otherwise for cloudy morning glass it’s 3:2 baby all the way. Again, it’s that first wallop of cold before you get used to it, that gets me. I. Am. Sick. Of. It. I like to step into pure comfort.

For the lake, we don’t even bother until 83-84 water minimum. The kids don’t like it, and we don’t like it until it’s pure comfort. 86+

-Peter

80 degree water and I’m sweating lol.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Slater’s from Florida. Just sayin’ ;)

-Peter
Jeff Crawford also, won pipe late 70's, rented his ABNB few years ago, classic storyteller and at the time was still holding court at Rocky point.

bocco

Reaction score
Finally getting back to this thread. Made it to South Carolina Monday night after a cross country drive. Took highway 40 almost the whole way. Spent a night in Barstow (never do that again), then on to Prescott to spend two nights with some friends. Then he jumped in as my co pilot for the rest of the drive. Never did the drive before so seeing a lot of different country was cool. Got absolutely dumped on with rain driving through Tennessee. Got to eat a brisket sandwich at Buc-ee's. Pretty cool place.

Don't think I want to do that drive again.

Moving truck showed up Yesterday. Now I'm up to my ass in organizing and unboxing. Hope to leave most stuff in the big shop on this property but need to find the essentials.

Already noticing some differences. Stop lights hang on cables across intersections. A flashing yellow left turn light means yield to oncoming traffic.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Yes. We only have about 5 signals through town , all on the highway. Some time during the night, they start flashing as a caution, but don't start the red/yellow/green again until 6 -7 am.

Glad to hear you made it there safely.