WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another boat on Pawn Stars

GRADS2009

Banned
Reaction score
Did anyone see tonights episode with that piece of crap twin engine jet boat? I guess the manufacturer was AYT? I wouldn't of paid over 100 bucks for that thing.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I was surprised they bought it.
Looks like it had 2 Kawasaki Jet Ski two stroke / 3 bangers in it.
Those kinda engines also saw duty in farm tractors in Asia.

The seller was lucky to unload it IMHO.
I'd wager it was all for story value.

Some of the shops work for just a plug on the show I understand. So maybe they didn't have all that much in it.

snake321

Irish Republican
Reaction score
I don't believe he made money on the last boat and I think this one is a dud....

SuperDave013

Reaction score
yeah but if you were 3 years old with that Indian mini bike you would have been the shit for sure!

Grads, you would have out bid me on the boat. lol

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Drove by their shop yesterday. There was a line 50-60 people deep just to get in:skull and it was raining!!! From what I hear most people just want to buy T-shirts from there.

Reaction score
Here is some interesting facts about the show.

Coke Machine - What REALLY Happened To It
Dec 5, 2009 11:58 PM Report Abuse
As pointed out in other threads by collectors, the coke machine that was allegedly "restored" in Season 1, Episode 8 is not the same machine.

The one dropped off was a Vendo 39.

The one picked up was a Cavalier 72.

Being factually deceptive has absolutely ruined the credibility of this show. I don't care if it is a "reality show" and they stage things for comic relief. I don't care if they call in experts for every item (even if this is not realistic to the business) because it adds historic value to the show and I feel like I am learning something. But lying about items like this is inexcusable for the History Channel.

Rick's website has what really happened to the Coke Machine. First go to 3:58 of this video and pause it,

Pawn Stars: Season 1: Episode 8

Then check out Rick's website for the REAL Before and After.

Honestly what was the History Channel thinking? Did they really think their audience was this stupid?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Here is some interesting facts about the show.

Coke Machine - What REALLY Happened To It
Dec 5, 2009 11:58 PM Report Abuse
As pointed out in other threads by collectors, the coke machine that was allegedly "restored" in Season 1, Episode 8 is not the same machine.

The one dropped off was a Vendo 39.

The one picked up was a Cavalier 72.

Being factually deceptive has absolutely ruined the credibility of this show. I don't care if it is a "reality show" and they stage things for comic relief. I don't care if they call in experts for every item (even if this is not realistic to the business) because it adds historic value to the show and I feel like I am learning something. But lying about items like this is inexcusable for the History Channel.

Rick's website has what really happened to the Coke Machine. First go to 3:58 of this video and pause it,

Pawn Stars: Season 1: Episode 8

Then check out Rick's website for the REAL Before and After.

Honestly what was the History Channel thinking? Did they really think their audience was this stupid?

Yeah, good take.

The Coke machine segment kicked their creditability right in the nut sac.
But, on some of the dune forums, the credible forums members from LV know some of the other Pawnshop customers and say those transactions are legit.
The real deal, just spread out for story value.

Damfino,,, what they pay for some of that crap astounds me.

The gray POS boat with the two stroke Kawais,, I'da paid someone to haul it to the dump.

Well,, at least the Bushwackers are real:

[video=youtube;mMWheL-xsww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMWheL-xsww[/video]

Last edited:

dego_red

Reaction score
Havn't been on here in ages, but that boat was a one of prototype built in Kelowna B.C. Canada designed by a guy named Dan Johnson, fabricated by Terry Swan, welded by Dan Murdock and moulded and painted by me. It was built in 1999 and taken to the Ft Lauderdale boat show of that year. There were 4 boats all together A small pickle fork, a 12 foot and a 15 foot. The one on pawn stars was a 22 foot. They were taken to the Keys for water testing and later taken to Van Nys airport where I never saw them again till I saw the 22 on the show.

red

spectras only

Reaction score
hey Red , how is it going in Kelowna? Lot of fancy machinery there now a days. Like this one you probably seen ?

Outerlimits%2044

dego_red

Reaction score
Kelowna is what it is.....The only time I have seen that boat is on the trailer at our car shows..:rotflmao:

red

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Drove by their shop yesterday. There was a line 50-60 people deep just to get in:skull and it was raining!!! From what I hear most people just want to buy T-shirts from there.

Same thing happened to West Coast Choppers. Even my mom went and bought a t-shirt!