WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another Bit Bull Attack

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
If that was Bobo, there would be three dead instead of three injured.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
"It remains unknown what caused the dog to snap."

A simple misunderstanding I'm sure.

PVHCA

Reaction score
We are currently looking to adopt a dog, we lost one of our's last week, I was shocked at how many Pits were at the shelters we went to. I don't like Pits but there were some beautiful looking ones there. And I'll hear it from the so called PIT experts here but EVERY animal control officer said the same thing to me, don't like them and don't trust them, hate going on calls regarding them. FYI, San Berdo Shelter, Upland Shelter, Riverside Shelter.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
And I'll hear it from the so called PIT experts here but EVERY animal control officer said the same thing to me, don't like them and don't trust them, hate going on calls regarding them. FYI, San Berdo Shelter, Upland Shelter, Riverside Shelter.

The 2nd part of that explains a bit.. (pun intended on "bit")

RD

PVHCA

Reaction score
The 2nd part of that explains a bit.. (pun intended on "bit")

RD

Ur comment explains ZERO, like the norm. Don't hate the messenger and it probably sux to hear the truth. My GF's son currently has 3 PITS, he's had others in the past that have died, he's very versed on the breed and loves his dogs, he was amazed at what the officers said but can't argue with the facts.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ur comment explains ZERO, like the norm. Don't hate the messenger and it probably sux to hear the truth. My GF's son currently has 3 PITS, he's had others in the past that have died, he's very versed on the breed and loves his dogs, he was amazed at what the officers said but can't argue with the facts.

It was a joke about the towns Phil.. Don't get all Phil'd up on me now..

RD

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
i have a one year old pit and a 4 year old son and they are great together. i think its how they are raised, not the breed..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Then explain that, GEEZ!!

Can't do it Phildo, got work to do.. :D

Put up 3 articles today though so we are actually gettin some shit accomplished around here for once. :D

RD

nowski

Reaction score
We are currently looking to adopt a dog, we lost one of our's last week, I was shocked at how many Pits were at the shelters we went to. I don't like Pits but there were some beautiful looking ones there. And I'll hear it from the so called PIT experts here but EVERY animal control officer said the same thing to me, don't like them and don't trust them, hate going on calls regarding them. FYI, San Berdo Shelter, Upland Shelter, Riverside Shelter.
PVHCA, you may want to try All Paws Rescue in Chino Ca Good Luck...

PVHCA

Reaction score
PVHCA, you may want to try All Paws Rescue in Chino Ca Good Luck...

Ya we missed out on the one we really liked at Upland, thanks for the heads up!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- Three people were attacked by their pit bull in Lancaster Monday.
The incident occurred in the victims' home on the 45000 block of 3rd Street East.
Two women and one man had to be rushed to the hospital. Their conditions have not been released.
One of the dog's owners described how shocking it was when the family pet suddenly went wild: "Me and her were talking in the living room, and the dog just flew past me, jumped up, and just bit her, for no reason. So, I started punching him, and he wouldn't let go, so I panicked, and I ran outside, and grabbed a bat. When I came back in, he was attacking my wife's roommate, dragging her across the living room floor, and I just started hitting him in the head with the bat."
Deputies responded and killed the pit bull.
It remains unknown what caused the dog to snap.

This is Exactly what happened to a guy I worked with. His own dog attacked him one day. Had some vicious scars on his arm to prove it. Needless to say, he won't own another one.

boatsntoys

Reaction score
i have a one year old pit and a 4 year old son and they are great together. i think its how they are raised, not the breed..

My parents have a pit and a poodle. Got em both as pups 10 years ago. Most loving pet I have ever seen. Would let that poodle do anything to him. Eat from his bowl at feeding time, steal his snacks, bite on his neck. They played and played and the pit protected that little poodle. 3 weeks ago we came home from dinner. Pit greeted us with its tail wagging as always. Found the poodle with a ripped hole in it. My 85 year old parents refuse to believe the pit had anything to do with it cause of the great disposition and attitude of their little baby. They love their pit and it loves them. They don't see it and it's right in front of them. Most other dogs can and do get pissed and snap. But the damage a pit can do in that instance is dramatic. They don't mean too. It was an accident. Oops. Sorry.

Pits are extemely protective of their owners. You even raise your voice to my mom and their pit takes immediate notice and a watchful eye Don't let another 4 year old smack your kid with a stick, it will be a death sentence. Maybe not now at only 1 year old. As years go by they get deep into family life and protection. Great dog from a protection stand point. Other dogs do the same, they just don't have the capabilities and strength of a pit Pits by far, are not the dogs that bite the most frequent. But when they do........................

traquer

Reaction score
My parents have a pit and a poodle. Got em both as pups 10 years ago. Most loving pet I have ever seen. Would let that poodle do anything to him. Eat from his bowl at feeding time, steal his snacks, bite on his neck. They played and played and the pit protected that little poodle. 3 weeks ago we came home from dinner. Pit greeted us with its tail wagging as always. Found the poodle with a ripped hole in it. My 85 year old parents refuse to believe the pit had anything to do with it cause of the great disposition and attitude of their little baby. They love their pit and it loves them. They don't see it and it's right in front of them. Most other dogs can and do get pissed and snap. But the damage a pit can do in that instance is dramatic. They don't mean too. It was an accident. Oops. Sorry.

Pits are extemely protective of their owners. You even raise your voice to my mom and their pit takes immediate notice and a watchful eye Don't let another 4 year old smack your kid with a stick, it will be a death sentence. Maybe not now at only 1 year old. As years go by they get deep into family life and protection. Great dog from a protection stand point. Other dogs do the same, they just don't have the capabilities and strength of a pit Pits by far, are not the dogs that bite the most frequent. But when they do........................

Sucks man, that must have been rough. You speak the truth though..

For what it's worth, I have it from a respected dog trainer that Pits used to be the most common dog in American 100 years ago, but that's when they started breeding them for fighting and most dogs today are from those lines. If you want to get a Pit, the Staffordshire Terrier is basically the same breed and looks the same as a Pit (bigger even) with the only exception being that it was bred for show over the last 100 years and not bred for fighting. Still very loyal and intelligent but without the whole 'fight to kill' thing.

This is probably not the whole picture though. But it makes sense to me. Pits seem to me like an old school 911 rear engine Carrera. They handle awesome and are great most of the time, but if something goes wrong it's gonna go wrong big time and you're gonna crash!

Last edited:

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
No thank you...too unpredictable. I've seen a lot of bipolar ones. :D

BACK2BIGRIVER

Reaction score

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
No Bits for me......I wike Wabs

Hye Power

Reaction score
No I did not hear of that story what makes you think I listen to the San Diego news? On another note how often do you hear of a Akita attacking people LOL no wear near the Pit Bull numbers.

I actually saw it on the evening news is what made me search for it on the internet. I could go into a 10 page debate with you on the subject but at the end of the day you are going to have the same opinion as you do now about the breed, so why bother. Its a individuals responsibility to educate themselves.

BACK2BIGRIVER

Reaction score
I actually saw it on the evening news is what made me search for it on the internet. I could go into a 10 page debate with you on the subject but at the end of the day you are going to have the same opinion as you do now about the breed, so why bother. Its a individuals responsibility to educate themselves.

Since you don't have the time to educate yourself I thought I would help you out a little.

Pit Bull #1
http://www.curiosityaroused.com/nature/top-10-most-dangerous-dog-breeds-based-on-bite-fatalities/

nrbr

Reaction score
20131231_162420.jpg my kids pull on their ears try to ride them ect.. wouldnt trade my pits for any breed. My daughter has only been nipped at by a dumb little yup yup dog. Now those lil should be banned!

BACK2BIGRIVER

Reaction score
That's a legit article.. Lol
Legit as they come. They took a twenty year period and document the kills by all dogs and the totals speak for it self. Don't get me wrong not all Pits are bad, would i trust one in my house no, but each to there own. Like all breeds there is the good and the bad just seems like there is more bad in this breed then others for what ever reason. Now lets get back to :boobeyes:

riverratmike

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1074826_10201678790991214_113953347_o.jpg
    1074826_10201678790991214_113953347_o.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 1071225_10201678791351223_1637963077_o.jpg
    1071225_10201678791351223_1637963077_o.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 52

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
F pit bulls! I don't care about what anyone says good about them. I am convinced! Pit almost killed my dog that is 11 years old spent every day with me, 1 1/2 year ago and I broke my hand in the fight here at my river pad in Parker. I'll live in terror from that day for the rest of my life. It was AWFUL! I will never forget!

Brutal.

Now imagine your dog being a baby. That's what I saw years ago...but you couldn't tell it was a human baby anymore.

Most people with Pits will never have an issue or tragedy. By the same token they will defend their dog in any situation. Any time a pit kills or injures another dog the owners usually point out what the other dog was doing to provoke it...right or wrong.
Even if one injures or kills a person or child they still won't completely fault the dog....sometimes they will though, like when the guy I knew shot and killed the dog as it ate the last few bites of his one year old baby.

It's a debate that will never be settled. No matter how many court cases, lawsuits, or laws are written, until pit owners have it happen they will never believe that "precious" would ever do that.

Like the previous poster says, we need education because we obviously do not understand the breed.....yeah, OK.

(I've had 2 pits over the years, all my friends have had them, one tragedy occurred ...it was all I needed to see. Never again.)

I have 4 acres rural. When pits come in my yard I shoot them with my pellet gun. If they return I bury them.

I do NOT hate them, mine were great dogs. But I will never take the risk again, and certainly will not allow others to bring that risk onto my property by allowing their dogs to roam and pack.

Flame away pit lovers, I understand, I used to be that way too.

Hye Power

Reaction score
Brutal.

Now imagine your dog being a baby. That's what I saw years ago...but you couldn't tell it was a human baby anymore.

Most people with Pits will never have an issue or tragedy. By the same token they will defend their dog in any situation. Any time a pit kills or injures another dog the owners usually point out what the other dog was doing to provoke it...right or wrong.
Even if one injures or kills a person or child they still won't completely fault the dog....sometimes they will though, like when the guy I knew shot and killed the dog as it ate the last few bites of his one year old baby.

It's a debate that will never be settled. No matter how many court cases, lawsuits, or laws are written, until pit owners have it happen they will never believe that "precious" would ever do that.

Like the previous poster says, we need education because we obviously do not understand the breed.....yeah, OK.

(I've had 2 pits over the years, all my friends have had them, one tragedy occurred ...it was all I needed to see. Never again.)

I have 4 acres rural. When pits come in my yard I shoot them with my pellet gun. If they return I bury them.

I do NOT hate them, mine were great dogs. But I will never take the risk again, and certainly will not allow others to bring that risk onto my property by allowing their dogs to roam and pack.

Flame away pit lovers, I understand, I used to be that way too.

I dont think any pitbull advocate will flame you or disagree. The argument for pitbull advocates has always stood, punish the deed not the breed. No dog lover is going to argue that if a dog does bodily harm to a human for no reason it shouldnt be punished. However the argument does stand there is bad dogs in every breed and there is good dogs, just cause the pitbull has strength and tenacity should not be enough just to say f them all and kill every single one of them. No matter what dog they should all be hanlded in the same manner when they act in a certain manner.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
F pit bulls! I don't care about what anyone says good about them. I am convinced! Pit almost killed my dog that is 11 years old spent every day with me, 1 1/2 year ago and I broke my hand in the fight here at my river pad in Parker. I'll live in terror from that day for the rest of my life. It was AWFUL! I will never forget!

U can't blame an entire breed for the actions of an individual dog mike..

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I dont think any pitbull advocate will flame you or disagree. The argument for pitbull advocates has always stood, punish the deed not the breed. No dog lover is going to argue that if a dog does bodily harm to a human for no reason it shouldnt be punished. However the argument does stand there is bad dogs in every breed and there is good dogs, just cause the pitbull has strength and tenacity should not be enough just to say f them all and kill every single one of them. No matter what dog they should all be hanlded in the same manner when they act in a certain manner.

U can't blame an entire breed for the actions of an individual dog mike..

I rest my case..;)

nrbr

Reaction score
No better way to. End this year then with a good pitbull thread!! Just need a mandatory capsule thread and im set