WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Annual reminder…if you ride a motorcycle…be careful

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Momma was up north visiting family and hopped on her brothers hot rodded Surron e-bike thing and wound up in the hospital…fractured skull, compound fractured both femurs, left kneecap in pieces…a few broken bones in her hand….etc..after crashing into a truck.

her surgeries got bumped a few days because more critical patients came in…all motorcycle accidents.

This all happened last Saturday. They built her an exocage Saturday night, did the left leg wed and the right leg Friday.

The ICU where she was had 6 room, 4 occupied by motorcycle accidents.

Mine ain’t gonna be home for a while…and that sucks.

Me and the boy just got back from visiting her in Santa Maria….and the riding we saw on the way there and home was pretty bad. I’m actually surprised several didn’t eat shit…to the point where I checked the mirrors, hung us in the belts and changed lanes a few times.

Just be careful.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Momma was up north visiting family and hopped on her brothers hot rodded Surron e-bike thing and wound up in the hospital…fractured skull, compound fractured both femurs, left kneecap in pieces…a few broken bones in her hand….etc..after crashing into a truck.

her surgeries got bumped a few days because more critical patients came in…all motorcycle accidents.

This all happened last Saturday. They built her an exocage Saturday night, did the left leg wed and the right leg Friday.

Just be careful.
Sorry to hear about the injuries. Wishing the best and a speedy recovery.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
IMG_2136.jpeg
IMG_6701.jpeg
image000002.jpeg
image000001.jpeg
image000003.jpeg
A few pics to help make my point…

Joker

Reaction score
My employees 17 year old nephew got air lifted out of bullhead this morning. Things aren’t looking good for him in Vegas. Punctuated lung, broken arms, skull fracture ,ribs and his leg may need to be taken.

BabyRay

Reaction score

Me and the boy just got back from visiting her in Santa Maria….and the riding we saw on the way there and home was pretty bad. I’m actually surprised several didn’t eat shit…to the point where I checked the mirrors, hung us in the belts and changed lanes a few times.

Just be careful.
Sorry to see this. It’s easy to forget how quickly things happen.

Hopefully she’ll recover well and soon.

bonesfab

Reaction score
She bobbed when she should have weaved. Damn. hope she feels better. Motorcycles on the street are not my thing. Way too many idiots on the road and some of the bikers don't help their own cause.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Damn, hope she has a speedy recovery.
Man I tell ya I see kids in my neighborhood flying around on Super 73's with no helmet or other protection. A disaster waiting to happen...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Wow...sorry to hear that. Hopefully they can get her back to normal. ;(

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Jesus Christ! I'm not going to lie, it's going to be a rough time for a bit. Pretty sure you're both fairly stubborn, and will get this handled. Although a horrid situation, it could have been much worse.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

Just be careful.
What does “ hung us in the belts “ mean ?

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
What does “ hung us in the belts “ mean ?
All the brakes. First time I've ever experience brake fade on the street (on the 154 coming down by Lake Cachuma)...and I'm the brake guy so that shit doesn't happen. Last time I was on the brakes that hard was going into the bowl clockwise in a Z06 corvette WAAYYY to hot at Streets of Willow driving someone elses car 20 years ago. Pulled some lugs off my tires. Managed not to kill another ignorant rider today. I'll take it as a win

Last edited:

Romans9

Reaction score
Wow, sorry to read this.

She has a long road ahead.
Thankfully it all looks like it is recoverable.
She will not like the cold weather……

Best wishes to you, there is a lot of work to be done to help her. But well worth it,,,

Wave Hi

Reaction score
Damn , wishing for a speedy recovery for the wife...

TBulger

Reaction score
Poor momma, terrible, best of luck to the whole family, this changes so many things.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
She has a long road, but she'll do it.

I have a long road, and I'll do it. I've basically become a single dad for what I'm guessing is gonna be at least 5 months...likely longer. Just about all my bandwidth is currently consumed running my business. This is gonna be a good trick. To better my odds, I called her best friend...who lived here in LB until a couple years ago when she moved up north to take care of her sister's household (3 kids, 2 dogs) while her sister and her husband were deployed...she's moving home now and doesn't really have a place to go, so was gonna ride couches while she figures it out. Her van also died last week. I found her a mint 2008 camry from a buddy of mine up there, impeccably maintained, and bought it. Then (with the approval of the wife) moved her into the guest room free of charge, with her own credit card to cover the day to day stuff, and set her up an office (she works from "home")....in exchange for her helping with the non-bedroom wife duties. Wife is onboard, Ann is onboard and grateful as shit, and I had a level of relief never imagined before when all this shit worked out.

I'm rethinking a lot of my program right now. Dumped the boat/Jet Ski/River trailer for pennies just to get it off my plate...

I'm not really too concerned with going fast right now....this event put a lot of things into perspective.

This whole thing is a life changer. Changing the life of everyone in the family isn't worth a few minutes or seconds of stupid fun. Doesn't mean you have to be boring, just think before you do things. I'm guilty as hell of fucking this up and have simply got lucky ... as I'm sure many of us have.

sorry for the rant...just kinda been an emotional little bitch over this since it happened and while trying to figure out how to fix it, which I can't.

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
Dang, that's a hard read. Just awful. :(

Wishing you guys the best - hang in there.

Spitfire

Reaction score
Wishing you and your family the best. I totaled my bike back in 2003 while I had one son and wife pregnant with my daughter. 2 more kids after that and thankful to have wife and all the kids. Speedy recovery for all of you.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
My employees 17 year old nephew got air lifted out of bullhead this morning. Things aren’t looking good for him in Vegas. Punctuated lung, broken arms, skull fracture ,ribs and his leg may need to be taken.
That sucks and I hope for the best. Nothing good about that, except that he's not dead.....and he's 17, so he'll recover and adapt better than an old dog.

It takes more than one hand to count the friends I've lost on bikes. I've ridden for years and been lucky, that's the only thing I can think of. Got rid of the last one 10 years ago and there won't be another. I've lost more friends in race boats....

Fun is dangerous.....when I was younger I didn't really care. Now that I have people to care for...it's starting to hit home. The fact that the highlight of her week (after 8 days) was taking a shit really brings things into perspective.

I'm still not buying a fucking pontoon boat.

If reading this thread and seeing the pictures makes a few guys take an extra glance in a few directions before grabbing a handful of throttle...that's all this was meant to do.

Last edited:

Your ad here

Reaction score
Who hit who? Sounds like she hit the truck. I bet those electric bikes have torque but god damn she got messed up bad.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I rode motors for 7 years giving out tickets. Since I was the only motor in our 100 year history at the PD to never go down, once I retired, I got rid of the Harleys. That old saying "not IF you go down, but WHEN you go down" still applies, and I didn't want to chance it.

HotRod82

Reaction score
I read recently that about 50% of MC accidents are single vehicle crashes. About 50% of the rest alcohol is involved. We are our own worst enemy.
The kids in our hood are completely out of control on those e bikes.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
They will bite you in a hurry. Waiting for the day my 15 year old takes her digger on her Surron. Done the femur and 13 other broken bones in my motorcross days. My daughter gets it.

Hope your wife heals quick. Even dropping a deuce was a bitch when I broke mine. It’s a slow process.

BFE710D2-9C96-41DF-A95F-2C51F18AAE5B.jpeg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… The reason I am a pretty crippled up old man is because of my motorcycle… Not really my motorcycle, but the idiot riding it… Doing a yoga back arching exercise to get the kink out of my neck… Did not turn out so well… It broke my neck😳🤷🏽‍♀️

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Hope she mends as quickly as possible.

Im 64 and still riding. I do think about the consequences a lot more than I use too.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sorry to read and see those photos. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your friend, hope she heals up quickly! I just picked up a new GSX'R for my retirement, as you mentioned they are dangerous, well the people driving around you are, never take anything for granted for sure, chances are they don't see you or don't care.

lenmann

Reaction score
Holy cow, those are some serious injuries. I am wishing for a speedy recovery.

It certainly won't be pain free or easy, but you guys got this. The same skills and attitude that got you this far in life will get you through this challenge.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Wow.. Wishing her a good recovery. Two broken femurs, that's so gnarly.

Electric bikes and scooters are much faster than people realize. My neighbor bought an electric stand up scooter, like one of the fastest ones you can buy. Both him and his son ended up with serious head to toe road rash. It looked like they were dragged by a car for a mile.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I read recently that about 50% of MC accidents are single vehicle crashes. About 50% of the rest alcohol is involved. We are our own worst enemy.
The kids in our hood are completely out of control on those e bikes.
I live near a elementary & middle school. Mornings around those schools looks like an ebike inspired bee swarm that's been agitated. It's a bit frightening to drive through the area at times. I will say though, the Carlsbad cops cracked down on them & honestly the vast majority of them follow the road rules......there's just a lot of them.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Jesus thats awful! Terribly sorry to see/hear this. I’ve got a buddy thats an ER Doc in SM…if you want me to have him check on her let me know. I have no doubt he has had eyes on her and possibly treated her.

pixrthis

Reaction score
A kid at work told me he has $17K in his e-bike and I’ve forgotten how fast he said it goes but I’m guessing it’s fast enough to hurt him.

poncho

Reaction score
Your poor Wife, I can't even imagine all of that in one shot, I always joke that I was a failed stuntman when I was younger usually one big one at a time though.
I was at the last World Finals in Pheonix on the last night before flying out when my SIL called and said we are at the ER, your Wife fell and broke both arms badly.
Limo driver pulled over next to the entrance to a concert venue and when she stepped out of the back a charter bus mirror clipped her and sent her straight down.

I literally didn't want to go home knowing the road ahead. Best thing I ever did was bring in someone to help her with the day to day things, as a husband you never do anything right. ;)

Her injuries were nothing compared to yours but I can understand what's ahead for you guys, the good thing was seeing day to day improvements.

Prayers for you guy's.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Getting anywhere near a hospital freaks me out these days.

I had my hernia surgery 10 days ago and it healed very well I'm very thankful for that.

The neighbor lady broke her leg falling in the driveway. she got a bad infection and now they're talking about amputation... She smokes a couple packs a day they said that is hurting the healing process.

Take good care of her and do what the doctor says!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Wow, hope it heals smoothly. Broken femur can be deadly.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Wow...so unfortunate...long road to recovery.. PT gonna be an absolute committment. Wish her the best and you!

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Jesus thats awful! Terribly sorry to see/hear this. I’ve got a buddy thats an ER Doc in SM…if you want me to have him check on her let me know. I have no doubt he has had eyes on her and possibly treated her.
Is she in Marian?