WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ANDERSON TOYOTA HAVASU ..WTF..YOU NEVER KNOW..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
SO, some of you know... I went to havasu and bought a used toyota from anderson toyota,... It's a 2000 tacoma TRD/sr5 auto trans...

when I test drove it, I heard a little click noise from the bottom... I figured it was a cat converter going,.... they said they did some 100 point check out and it was nothing... I figured it was a cat and i would just have to replace it..

well, when my son sees the truck he goes all ape'y,... says that the truck he's been looking for but everyone wants so much for then...he wants to buy it for what I paid and wants me to go get another one...

soooo... I find another one, newer , less mile, no dents, and "more Money"

so I buy it sell the other to my son...the day he gets it when he backs out I hear this clicking noise...now I think its a u joint...I tell him he better put it up on the lift and check it....well. couple days go by, he calls and says the noise is getting worse, now sounds like a rod in the motor...

so it goes on the lift.... they say it coming out of the trans...

so I call JOHN, sells manager, tell him whats up... he says bring it in for a look... nothing he can do till he checks it out...

get it down sat morn...they call back a couple hrs. later...say....its the flex plate that is cracking .......gonna be 9hrs labor plus the part... w t f...

they say won't know for sure till they finish tearing down...

so now I figure, guess I'm fucked....can't pass this on to my son, wife won't let me..:grumble:

so now it's monday, JOHN calls,saYS THEY AREN'T SURE want they will do about it, but "DON"T WORRY":rolleyes: HE'LL CALL WHEN ITS DONE...

SO, tuesdays rolls around, chris in service calls, says truck is fixed,, I ask what is the bill,.. he says he doesn't know it isn't totaled out but come on down...

so I get there, talk to joe the tech that did the repair, he says its fixed and drives good.. chris is not in yet, it's 7:30 am...they say JOHN has the keys...

so I go to JOHN... He says sorry for the problem, but it wasn't making the noise
when they checked it out , or they would have just wholesaled it..he goes on to says that all the cars they sale, they stand behind them with a 30 day power train warranty..they had elected to repair the truck rather then refund my money, so the truck is fix'd

no bill, free of any charge...:eek::eek:

wtf

for reals, no charge!!! a 2000 toyota with 190,000 miles fixed for free???:champagne::champagne:

Attachments

• 100_2644.jpg
    100_2644.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,112
Last edited:

fmo24

Reaction score
That is customer service. :thumbsup

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thats awesome and thats how customer service should be.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
You can't beat that with a stick.

Sent from my Commodore 64.

boatnam2

Reaction score
good story....Like a sore dick you can't beat it.

wash11

Off The Grid
Reaction score
Chris Strang, the service manager is a solid guy. He has absolutely taken care of me a couple times well beyond my expectations.

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
Its the law. they are responsible for any repairs for 30 days.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Judas priest. That musta taken u 3 days to type out:D

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Brian is their main mechanic the dodge / jeep store. Super good guy and also runs a jeep repair shop out of his home on the side. If anyone needs jeep repairs done let me know.

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
I've had great luck with Anderson... bought the new model WRX out there and it came 2 months quicker and $3k cheaper than in LA

Patyacht

Reaction score
Lots of good stories. but how come they told me the rear end noice I heard was tire wear when it really was a bad carrier beating? Plus labor rate is over $100/hour. I'll stay with Darrell.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Nice story Steve but 9 hours to replace a flex plate?

I'm glad I do my own shit. I replaced the rear wheel bearings on my VW in about 90 minutes (both sides) and I had never done it before. I'll bet the book charge on it is 2+ hours per side.

Let's see... I purchased the bearings from Portugal where they make the same VW parts as 31 other countries in the world but happen to be a poor country so it cost me $130 CDN to my door. I also had to purchase a puller to get the old bearings off the stub axle. Princess Auto had just the right puller for $25. My total input = $155 + 90 minutes.

Nobody fixes their own cars, anymore. It doesn't pay. It's easier to just drop it off at the dealer and then work you regular job to pay for it.

So... bearings = $312 per side plus labor. I don't know what labor is for that job so let's say 4 hours. I don't know dealership labor rates, either. I'm going with $110/hr. That would come to $1064.

26LAVEY525

Reaction score
Steve it was a pleasure meeting you. I am glad we could work it out, should have told me you were a forum member or I would have charged you LOL!!!! Anything you need in the future please let me know.:D:D:D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve it was a pleasure meeting you. I am glad we could work it out, should have told me you were a forum member or I would have charged you LOL!!!! Anything you need in the future please let me know.:D:D:D

THANKS BUDDY, YOU MADE EVERYONE HAPPY AT MY HOUSE...............:drnkfr

Just Ducky

Reaction score
Had my wifes 08 Highlander over there last week for a recall on an airbag sensor.We also asked them if they could rotate the tires while it was there, they said sure no problem.Dropped it off at 8ish in the morning and had it done by noon.We went to pick it up and it was washed and rotated tires were done free of charge.Anderson toyota rocks!:thumbsup:thumbsup

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Treating customers well in this crappy economy will pay dividends long into the future :thumbsup

Quick99

Reaction score
Chris Strang, the service manager is a solid guy. He has absolutely taken care of me a couple times well beyond my expectations.

Ya Chris is cool I used to work with him at Mac Chevy.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I haven't drove through havasu in quite a few years, i think last time i did there was only a home depot at the time. I drove through last week on a little day run to laughlin while in parker and my GF say's look at all the big dealerships who the fck would buy a car out here i said I dont know but now i do....

shadow

Reaction score
I know Chris,worked with him years back for a short period,Good guy!

Brian is their main mechanic the dodge / jeep store. Super good guy and also runs a jeep repair shop out of his home on the side. If anyone needs jeep repairs done let me know.
Worked with Brian back when i worked with Chris another good guy!

Lots of good stories. but how come they told me the rear end noice I heard was tire wear when it really was a bad carrier beating? Plus labor rate is over $100/hour. I'll stay with Darrell.

Thanks Pat!

Had my wifes 08 Highlander over there last week for a recall on an airbag sensor.We also asked them if they could rotate the tires while it was there, they said sure no problem.Dropped it off at 8ish in the morning and had it done by noon.We went to pick it up and it was washed and rotated tires were done free of charge.Anderson toyota rocks!:thumbsup:thumbsup

I buy parts from Toyota for my shop and always have had good service,over and over,glad to hear the good stories!!

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Very cool. Glad you found some good customer service :D

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score

I'm glad I do my own shit. I replaced the rear wheel bearings on my VW in about 90 minutes (both sides) and I had never done it before. I'll bet the book charge on it is 2+ hours per side.

Let's see... I purchased the bearings from Portugal where they make the same VW parts as 31 other countries in the world but happen to be a poor country so it cost me $130 CDN to my door. I also had to purchase a puller to get the old bearings off the stub axle. Princess Auto had just the right puller for $25. My total input = $155 + 90 minutes.

Nobody fixes their own cars, anymore. It doesn't pay. It's easier to just drop it off at the dealer and then work you regular job to pay for it.

So... bearings = $312 per side plus labor. I don't know what labor is for that job so let's say 4 hours. I don't know dealership labor rates, either. I'm going with $110/hr. That would come to $1064.

Funny aint it....how my Armenian blood will NOT allow me to pay some drop out 130 bucks an hour to do what I can do for nothing but time.

CV axles in the Hyundai, shop quoted 950 bucks..for the "good guy" deal, got the axles (new) for 95 bucks for both, and its about a 4 hour job...think Ill go buy an AR with the money!!

wishiknew

Reaction score
Funny aint it....how my Armenian blood will NOT allow me to pay some drop out 130 bucks an hour to do what I can do for nothing but time.

CV axles in the Hyundai, shop quoted 950 bucks..for the "good guy" deal, got the axles (new) for 95 bucks for both, and its about a 4 hour job...think Ill go buy an AR with the money!!

SO Your time is worth nothing????? WTF

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

You HAVE a job.
Changing that CV boot IS his job.

If you spent a half day of billable time at your job, what would it be worth?

Tapatalk Sux!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

HERE'S how my portuguese blood works, I own a muffler shop, a complete automotive shop, and rent out one of my buildings to a transmission shop...
pretty sure I was getting it done for free without getting my hands dirty...;)

Reaction score
let me see if i've been keeping up? u bought one lemon outa 3 trucks from same place in like 1 1/2 weeks??? and think they were all about service???? lmfao

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
let me see if i've been keeping up? u bought one lemon outa 3 trucks from same place in like 1 1/2 weeks??? and think they were all about service???? lmfao

He bought a used truck. Try and keep up :drillsergeant:

Just Ducky

Reaction score
This thread was about having a car dealer do good honest work and going the extra mile to give customers a reason to come back in future so they can stay in buisness.Why are you lmfao about that?Go threadcrap somewhere else.

stokernick

Reaction score
better than my Toyota dealer,wants $707. for brake job[not new rotors],and $1400 for exhaust system!! I prefer a kiss when I'm getting screwed!!:eek:

Last edited:

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
thats how service used to be every where people spent their hard earned money... you dont find that kind of service anymore.. kudos to them..

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Amasing. :p

thats how service used to be every where people spent their hard earned money... you dont find that kind of service anymore.. kudos to them..

Apparently Steve found it! Seems like a good find to me. :thumbsup

shadow

Reaction score
better than my Toyota dealer,wants $77. for brake job[not new rotors],and $1400 for exhaust system!! I prefer a kiss when I'm getting screwed!!:eek:

$77.00 for a brake job seems expensive to you? Can't imagine they would do a brake job without measuring the rotors for minimun thickness before resurfacing the rotors,Cleaning & lubricating the calipers and slides installing new pads. So labor alone should amount to more than $77.00.

Last edited:

dancudmore

Reaction score
$77.00 for a brake job seems expensive to you? Can't imagine they would do a brake job without measuring the rotors for minimun thickness before resurfacing the rotors,Cleaning & lubricating the calipers and slides installing new pads. So labor alone should amount to more than $77.00.

Agreed! I was hoping he left a digit off that quote!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
HEY, 2FF ! Nice to see you getting an early start out of Havasu on Thurs. AM. I saw the name on the trailer, then the van, knew it was you. SORRY to have awakened you with my horn and wave ! HA HA (little blue car)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
HEY, 2FF ! Nice to see you getting an early start out of Havasu on Thurs. AM. I saw the name on the trailer, then the van, knew it was you. SORRY to have awakened you with my horn and wave ! HA HA (little blue car)

I took a nap at searchlight...:p

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
"You took a nap all the way to Searchlight", damn you are a great driver ! HA HA You looked sleepy but you waved with a smile and all five fingers, so I guess everything was OK. (instead of just one finger) Great to put a 'face' with a name from this place.