WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Aerosmith retiring from touring

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
After repeatedly postponing dates, the band has said that Steven Tyler can no longer tour as “a full recovery from his vocal injury is not possible”

@shintoooo, please move to the Lounge.

Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Dang that sucks but given the way he sings I can see how it didn’t work out.

C-2

Reaction score
Bummer, they were on the list. But thanks for the great music all these years.

Meanwhile, Keith Richards announces plans later this year to celebrate his 105th on the road.... :p 🤟

DarkJuJu

Reaction score
F SeatGeek and Ticketmaster, bought th ole lady tickets last year for her Bday, 11 months later and I am still out $900. SeatGeek "said" they were going to send an email about refund options, I called/emailed/X'ed them and said just give me cash, nothing still almost 7 days after the tour was canceled. Unless you just have money to piss away dont ever buy anything that is connected to this SCAM/Racket of ticket brokers.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I got tickets last year for the farewell tour. It was postponed, and resch for this year. Now cancelled
The good news at some point I’ll get my 2800 back or what ever ridiculous price I paid to sit up front. lol

We‘ve been on a kick the last few years trying to see old rock bands while they’re still able or alive.

C-2

Reaction score
was planning on seeing them in January, one of the bands I truly regret not getting to see.
X2, I knew this was it for them and I had planned on going.

C-2

Reaction score
We‘ve been on a kick the last few years trying to see old rock bands while they’re still able or alive.
Same.

Next on my list is John Fogerty, the dude is an outstanding musician and a living legend
Stray Cats

Recently missed...

Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music
ZZ Top w/Dusty Hill
Devo (but we saw them in 2023)
Janes Addiction

Who else?

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I saw Guns and Roses open for Aerosmith at the Pacific Amphitheater in 1988…. row 11. Top ten lifetime best show for sure.

I probably saw them another 3 times later. No show after the GnR show came close.

Brian

Reaction score
I got tickets last year for the farewell tour. It was postponed, and resch for this year. Now cancelled
The good news at some point I’ll get my 2800 back or what ever ridiculous price I paid to sit up front. lol

Same, but I didn't spend 2800

C-2

Reaction score
I saw Guns and Roses open for Aerosmith at the Pacific Amphitheater in 1988…. row 11. Top ten lifetime best show for sure.

I probably saw them another 3 times later. No show after the GnR show came close.
Lol, I guess I have seen Aerosmith because I was at that show, too. We got into a fight on the way in and all I can remember was taking a couple of punches to my face while I pulled my buddy back into the car..

I went to 2 days at the US festival and can't remember much of that, either lol.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Last time I saw them was like $14 a ticket?
1979 Champagne Jam Atlanta Grants field.
The Cars as well.
Steven Tyler got whacked with a bottle and they walked off stage but then came back on.

I never go see old bands. I saw them all in their prime (and my prime) and have no interest in seeing them in diapers, figuratively speaking.
My buddies all came out last summer from Phoenix and were nuts about going to see Rod Stewart in Laughlin.
I passed. I’ve seen him 3 times back in the day when we were both in the moment.

There are exceptions of course. The wilson sisters for one.
Maybe the Stones?
On a side note…we REALLY need to start thinking about what kind of world we are leaving for Kieth Richards…

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Lol, I guess I have seen Aerosmith because I was at that show, too. We got into a fight on the way in and all I can remember was taking a couple of punches to my face while I pulled my buddy back into the car..

I went to 2 days at the US festival and can't remember much of that, either lol.
I KNEW I recognized you!
(I went all 3 days of the US)

• Love
Reactions: C-2

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I was in my 20’s.
On Sunday we timed our orange sunshine so we were peaking when Ozzy hit the stage.

C-2

Reaction score
I was in my 20’s.
On Sunday we timed our orange sunshine so we were peaking when Ozzy hit the stage.
I just bought a limited edition piece of vinyl for Ozzy's set at the US Festival!

IMG_0004.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
There are exceptions of course. The wilson sisters for one.
Maybe the Stones?
On a side note…we REALLY need to start thinking about what kind of world we are leaving for Kieth Richards…
Heart is on my list too, good call.

Stones - I agree, I sat this one out. As cool as I think it is that Mick still tears it up, I prefer to remember them from years ago - also with the Gunners/In Living Color at the Coliseum in LA.

I dunno, Debbie Harry recently sounded great (2X), so did Siouxsie, Iggy Pop (2X), and Johnny Rotten...all up there, but still doing a great job live. 🤟

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Stones - I agree, I sat this one out. As cool as I think it is that Mick still tears it up, I prefer to remember them from years ago - also with the Gunners/In Living Color at the Coliseum in LA.

I dunno, Debbie Harry recently sounded great (2X), so did Siouxsie, Iggy Pop (2X), and Johnny Rotten...all up there, but still doing a great job live. 🤟
Saw heart 2 nights in a row in Anchorage 1983.
Seen Iggy twice (Stooges)
Never saw JR, but would go see Sioxsie again in a second.
(That was also the first time I ever saw Robert Smith)
Siouxsie launched many artists.
Sid Vicious was long gone from the banshees by then.

Debbie Harry is my screen saver. Lol
IMG_5140.png

C-2

Reaction score

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
That's impressive, I was only 16 and sober but I suffered heat exhaustion at the stage front, right as Quiet Riot took the stage. Then I got lost from my crew. But all was not lost - I saw my first sets of
20240808_190402.jpg
live titties there!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

seen stones peace out or what ever tour in 21, still puts on a GREAT show
Heart, Journey, Eagles, Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, The Who, Garth Brooks ( odd one but awesome show ), Tom Petty (his last concert, lucked out w a rdp member that sold them to me, lol) are the ones we’ve hit in the last few years all have been great
A lot of the good line up festivals in 2024 seem to be avoiding so california, lol
Same, but I didn't spend 2800
we usually get seats close enough to high five them on stage, if far away might as well watch YouTube videos lol

Last edited: