WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Advantage Party Cat under water

j-bone

Reaction score
Not sure about the details on this. A friend sent these pics and said a the boat belongs to a friend of his. Apparently this happened at Martinez Lake this past weekend.

I had this happen to jet ski once and was able to get it running shortly after discovering. Not sure how much work it would take to get this running again.

Not sure if this is a RD member, but I feel for the guy.

Attachments

• IMG_1917[1].jpg
    IMG_1917[1].jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1916[1].jpg
    IMG_1916[1].jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 51

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I didn't know a grade all could lift that much weight

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Story about it on Lower River Junkies on Facebook. Happened at Martinez Lake.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Damn [emoji15]. My boats in a dock all week here at LB, and this isn't helping my anxiety level.

Suck for that guy.. Hope they got it pickled quickly.

curtiej10

Reaction score
Ouch! Most of the electrical will be done. I have heard you can save the motor if done very quickly after getting it out of the water.

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Story about it on Lower River Junkies on Facebook. Happened at Martinez Lake.
Yuma river tours showed up with a dewatering pump, got the majority of the water out when the lift was able to lift it up to get the remainder of the water out. It pretty much sank on the launch ramp in about 4' of water.

Icky

Reaction score
I didn't know a grade all could lift that much weight

Every wonder where all those videos of cranes tipping over on YouTube come from:D

The 12k we rent is good for 3500lbs at max reach 40'+/- straight out,10 k is about 3000. If lifted slowly enough the water would drain out making it lighter as it came up.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Every wonder where all those videos of cranes tipping over on YouTube come from:D

The 12k we rent is good for 3500lbs at max reach 40'+/- straight out,10 k is about 3000. If lifted slowly enough the water would drain out making it lighter as it came up.

Unless you're using old clapped out reach forks a 12k 40' is obsolete. They're now 12k capacity at 55'. Meaning they'll lift 12k pounds straight up and down at 55' high.

He's using an older IR 8k 42'+ reach. With how far he's boomed out I'm sure it gets a little dicey. That boat probably weights around 5k +/- plus residual water.

On the 12k's the boom sections probably weight close to 7k when boomed straight out. So the load chart drops like a rock the farther forward of the front axle you get. That's a lot of weight hanging 25' + past the front axle.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
That's our buddy Paul sitting in the driver's seat of the Pettibone. He is actually in my driveway right now doing some grading work with his Bobcat before our new driveway gets poured.

Anyway, that Pettibone can really lift the weight. I've seen it pull a burnt up Jeep out of a ravine. Also, it was used to lift our old dock out of the water. Paul said it was the heaviest dock he had ever pulled out of the water.

charlyox

Reaction score
That is sad to see. I hope his insurance covers it.

Icky

Reaction score
Unless you're using old clapped out reach forks a 12k 40' is obsolete. They're now 12k capacity at 55'. Meaning they'll lift 12k pounds straight up and down at 55' high.

He's using an older IR 8k 42'+ reach. With how far he's boomed out I'm sure it gets a little dicey. That boat probably weights around 5k +/- plus residual water.

On the 12k's the boom sections probably weight close to 7k when boomed straight out. So the load chart drops like a rock the farther forward of the front axle you get. That's a lot of weight hanging 25' + past the front axle.
Might wanna check the load chart http://www.jlg.com/en/equipment/telehandlers/jlg/tier-4i-models/g12-55a

Either way I agree there was slim chance he was picking that thing completely out of the water at that distance with that lift.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
awww mannnn

Motor can be flushed and are almost ok with a little work.

Its the wiring thats shot.

I wonder how much wood is in that design?

UD

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

...and the fact the machine is not level.