WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

87 Ford F250 feedback/ Yea or Nea Inmate Opinions Needed

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Circling back after good coastal drive going 3.5-5K rpms.... started a bit rougher with vacuum hoses in place but cool with feathering gas/ clutch exiting garage.... warmed up similarly and idle smoothed out as prior to vacuums being hooked up. Performance seemed same.... few popping type backfires on lifting as decelerating off higher rpm runs.
Note of interest; Did have to give few more pumps on gas pedal to get it to turn over. prior it was 3 deep slow pumps and fired right up.

Feedback?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I was tinkering under the hood today and stumbled into this un-hooked device way back on passenger side up against the firewall. This arm was off the hook looking like it'd just become disconnected over time so I put them back as intended and learned its kinda neat how it functions. I'm curious what you guys think this does .... my hunch is it has something to do with the interior ventilation system cause it has a "thump" sound as if opening/ closing a vent and the cylinder part looks a lot like my electric choke that heats and cools causing a wire to turn. This also has a wire running to it.... any knowledge from you guys on what this thing does? Thanks as always fellas.....

240Hallett

Reaction score
Operates a door that changes the direction of heat in the cab. Move your heater control from dash to floor or defrost and see if it moves.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Not necessarily related to the question that you’re asking… but I see some pieces under the hood that look like they’re part of a factory air conditioning system… don’t see a compressor mounted to the engine, but… Was your truck originally a factory air truck🤷🏽‍♀️

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
… Not necessarily related to the question that you’re asking… but I see some pieces under the hood that look like they’re part of a factory air conditioning system… don’t see a compressor mounted to the engine, but… Was your truck originally a factory air truck🤷🏽‍♀️
Cmon now Willie B you have got to know better than to ask my dumbass that. Lord knows how many folks have owned this 37 year old beast. Hell, I don't really know if the 91K miles is true but can tell you the clutch and brake pedals look unused as far as wear goes. I'll just assume you were flexing for some of our knowledgeble engine guys following ;)

I will say that when I first saw Fernando the owner said he has the ac unit and just hasn't gotten around to putting it back on or on yet.... not sure why it was off unless it had to do with the tuning. I told him call me once its on. I don't use it often but blows cold when I run it.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Cmon now Willie B you have got to know better than to ask my dumbass that. Lord knows how many folks have owned this 37 year old beast. Hell, I don't really know if the 91K miles is true but can tell you the clutch and brake pedals look unused as far as wear goes. I'll just assume you were flexing for some of our knowledgeble engine guys following ;)

I will say that when I first saw Fernando the owner said he has the ac unit and just hasn't gotten around to putting it back on or on yet.... not sure why it was off unless it had to do with the tuning. I told him call me once its on. I don't use it often but blows cold when I run it.

……lol… I forgot you’re living at the beach….So what do you need air conditioning for… When I lived aboard and hit all the beach areas up and down the coast in my 70 Torino convertible…it didn’t have air conditioning… When I moved back into the flatlands where it got hot… I hit the junkyards and got all the AC parts… The Torino then had AC 👍

… The guy you bought the truck from probably didn’t put the AC compressor back on because it might require a different mounting bracket than the original engine…I can’t remember if you had posted what the factory engine was🤷🏽‍♀️

… The real mechanic guys may not be posting about Fernando tonight because they may have been watching the debate …and some of them may not have known what total idiot that Waltz guy is… Or as he may be referred to south of the border…Waltz-ado???…😳

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
……lol… I forgot you’re living at the beach….So what do you need air conditioning for… When I lived aboard and hit all the beach areas up and down the coast in my 70 Torino convertible…it didn’t have air conditioning… When I moved back into the flatlands where it got hot… I hit the junkyards and got all the AC parts… The Torino then had AC 👍

… The guy you bought the truck from probably didn’t put the AC compressor back on because it might require a different mounting bracket than the original engine…I can’t remember if you had posted what the factory engine was🤷🏽‍♀️

… The real mechanic guys may not be posting about Fernando tonight because they may have been watching the debate …and some of them may not have known what total idiot that Waltz guy is… Or as he may be referred to south of the border…Waltz-ado???…😳
Pretty sure the current 460 was original. But he did pull it to beef it up bored/ stroked etc