WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

800 hp 632 Blueprint Engine

RusNab

Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything about Blueprint Engines? Good or bad just curious. They make an 800 horse 632 hat runs on pump gas; 10 to 1. I'm going to look at one in a Chevelle and wondered if anyone else has heard of them. Tremec trans and Moser 9 inch 3.73. It should be a beast.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have heard and seen good things, but that was mostly on 383 SBC strokers, etc.

That thing sounds like it has the right stuff under it if it has the tire to put all that power down.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Blueprint makes good stuff. Haven't seen anything marine related from them but I'm sure it's solid like everything else they do and wouldn't hesitate to buy either

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Anything with that kind of power and rowing gears has me in support. :)

Lets see some pics of the enginestand. ;)

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Only what I see from engine master stuff at Westech.

No idea how well they are built machined or what parts they use.

Having worked with Steve Brule if he says it makes x power - that one did.
His dynos are bit pessimistic just to be realistic.

Wether or not their stuff repeats I couldn't say.

UD

jhoogie

Reaction score
I have Blueprints 383 stroker in my 65 nova. It has been turn key from the day I got it and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. Can't speak for the 632 though.

Attachments

• IMG_0922.JPG
    IMG_0922.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 374

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Nice, sharpshooter has that vintage I think. I rolled with a buddy in highschool that had a legit orange/black stripe 70 SS454. What a bad ass ride.

Tags say 396?

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
This?

618a21b6b62209300ad6d0569eaa3429.jpg

Man I can’t believe how inexpensive that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I have Blueprints 383 stroker in my 65 nova. It has been turn key from the day I got it and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. Can't speak for the 632 though.

Love me some Nova's, more pics please!

RusNab

Reaction score
Nice, sharpshooter has that vintage I think. I rolled with a buddy in highshool that had a legit orange/black stripe 70 SS454. What a bad ass ride.

Tags say 396?
I like 1970 better but its not a deal breaker. It's a clone. 800 N/A HP has got to be something amazing.
This?

618a21b6b62209300ad6d0569eaa3429.jpg

Man I can’t believe how inexpensive that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's 12k with carb Here's a link.
https://blueprintengines.com/collections/gm-compatible-crate-engines/products/gm-632-ps1

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Heven forbid you put that in a boat. You'll poke your eye out.

Blueprint makes a pretty good car engine and typically backs up warranty's but I wouldn't put that 632 in a boat... I don't think it would live.

That chevelle with a manual and that engine would be an animal...lol:D

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That's what a Dart block and good crank cost's alone. Really makes you wonder What parts they use.....

Doesn't matter. I highly doubt anyone why buys it has any kind of traction to put any real load on it.

It says forged crank and their new cast block. Forged rods, forged pistons. I'd set it up for like 650 HP instead of 800 and run it.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Blueprint makes a pretty good car engine and typically backs up warranty's but I wouldn't put that 632 in a boat... I don't think it would live.

That chevelle with a manual and that engine would be an animal...lol:D

With the right oiling system and not revving it to the moon... it might do just fine. I would not set it up for 800 HP though.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
With the right oiling system and not revving it to the moon... it might do just fine. I would not set it up for 800 HP though.
I imagine it would stick a piston in one day and kick the rod out.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
marine engines like to be put together with different tolerances...alot of people thought they could do the gm 572's and everyone I know had issues.

I know. It is a short block, clearance away clearance.

I get that there are many tricks for marine use but if you run the thing at the right oil pressure and temp with the right tune it will live. It is just an engine after all. It does not care if it is in a boat, a car or cement pump. If you run a car crate engine at 150 degree oil temps and 160 coolant temps it is not going to work long term... that is not what it was set up for.

All the modern engines are just pulled off the assembly line and "marinized" and they just work. Not saying a BBC based engine is the same as a marinized 6.2 Raptor Ford or maninized LS3/LSA... but I'm just saying.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I imagine it would stick a piston in one day and kick the rod out.

If it is tuned right and had oil, it shouldn't... generally speaking.

Again, I would not try to get 800 HP out of this.. I'd slap some smaller cam in it, back off the timing and make 650, rev it to low 5000s, call it good.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
If it is tuned right and had oil, it shouldn't... generally speaking.

Again, I would not try to get 800 HP out of this.. I'd slap some smaller cam in it, back off the timing and make 650, rev it to low 5000s, call it good.
Generally. Noted. :) I see you are a gambling man, I dig it.

At any rate, RN is running it in a car, and not a boat.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Tires are cheap. :)

Good thing about that car is, there is no shortage of room.

What can you put in the back of that gen Chevelle without tubs? 295s? ET Streets should be in the shopping cart.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
What can you put in the back of that gen Chevelle without tubs? 295s? ET Streets should be in the shopping cart.
I think the 70 had 275s or 325s They were wide for the time. We are talking late 80s early 90s

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Does Mercury, Pfaff, Peto, B&D, BoostPower know this secret?

Why would they? We are talking about "production" off the shelf motors here, not a max effort builds, or complete warranteed high horsepower engine and drive packages. 2 completely different markets.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Why would they? We are talking about "production" off the shelf motors here, not a max effort builds, or complete warranted high horsepower engine and drive packages.

Lol

I’m half heartedly being a smart ass but I’m legit curious too. Would make a lot of sense why my buddy couldn’t get a GM 502/502 to live in his boat. GM washed their hands of it after the second one wouldn’t live more than a few dozen hours.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Lol

I’m half heartedly being a smart ass but I’m legit curious too. Would make a lot of sense why my buddy couldn’t get a GM 502/502 to live in his boat. GM washed their hands of it after the second one wouldn’t live more than a few dozen hours.

A BBC car engine is made to run 200+ Coolant temps and over 200 oil temps. With thick oil. It is like beating on your car before it is fully warmed up... you wouldn’t do that in your car.

What failed? Oiling related? Piston to wall issues?

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Id forget about using any crate auto setup for a car in a boat- especially an I/O.

You can get away with a lot more in a jet boat but its still not optimal.

These dyno number on these street engines are always dry with not even the load of a water pump.

Heads are almost always too big with no concern about relocated exhaust ports that don't work well with a wet exhaust - and cams are the wrong profile for what a boater needs - idle too high and reversion prone.

By the time you take the thing back cam and RPM wise the heads don't work anymore and you'd be better off with just a good short block set up for endurance and a more appropriate top end setup.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It definitely matters. It's like saying, "the foundation of the building doesn't matter, just walk softly". It's not if, it's when.

Well yes you are right, I was a bit hasty there. But not every build needs a Dart block Callies crank and top shelf everything.

My point was to not to try to push the parts to the limit.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Well yes you are right, I was a bit hasty there. But not every build needs a Dart block Callies crank and top shelf everything.

My point was to not to try to push the parts to the limit.
Not to try what? Where is the fun in that?

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything about Blueprint Engines? Good or bad just curious. They make an 800 horse 632 hat runs on pump gas; 10 to 1. I'm going to look at one in a Chevelle and wondered if anyone else has heard of them. Tremec trans and Moser 9 inch 3.73. It should be a beast.
look on their webbsite. they offer marine engines as well, have heard both pros en cons about them, prices are good parts look good,check some of the car webbsites, Raves en rages both, Ibeleive Summit raceing is carrying them also. no first hand experince myself.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I'd run that Blueprint engine in a car or boat.

Depending on the boat and it's use, I might change the cam but otherwise I'd go for it.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
OP is looking for a crate engine for his car, aintnuthingaboutaboat. :)

RRVRATS brought up the zz502's life in a boat.
I didnt say anything about a boat until the discussion went that directions.

All the guys here know this, but the newer posters often dont.

UD