WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

66 Hallett

carykard

Reaction score
Couple pics of my Hallett. Before and after...

Attachments

• hallett.jpg
    hallett.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 828
  • hw1.jpg
    hw1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 837
  • hw2.jpg
    hw2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 829
  • hwmotor.jpg
    hwmotor.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 826

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
WOW. That Flattie is BEAUTIFUL!

Is that a simulated or vinyl to look like a wood deck?

Greg

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Very Cool, I believe that is an LS motor right? Are you running just the heads on an old block or dis you modify the logs to fit????? Have any shots of the top deck?

carykard

Reaction score
As for the deck, I put a thin wood veneer on it then glassed over it. I will post some pics when I get home. The motor is a stock LS with a carb intake and MSD controller. I used logs that are for 351C or 302 Boss. The ports line up perfect, I just had to drill and tap a couple of holes.

HALLETTRIZZ

Reaction score
sweet looking restore. I need to do something like that to my 66 howard wood decker.

carykard

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments! It was a labor of love. The hardest part was roudin' up everything I needed to finish it, thank god for ebay and craigslist. I live in Georgia and there's not many used/old v-drive parts on the east coast to pick from.

vikrude

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful!!!!! That is 1 of the most tastful color scheme's that I've seen in a while. Is that new gel or paint? You say you glassed over the veneer....Did you use epoxy? Or a clear casting resin? What kind of glass? Mat or a cosmetic type clothe?

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Very, VERY, nice!!!

I love the retro look with the new motor. It looks really good. If someone told me about it I would think it would look weird, but you pulled it off perfect!

nelsonlaptop

Reaction score
Very nice! I am jealous. How long did it take you? Do you mind giving us a range on the total cost? I have a '66 Tahiti that needs an overhaul.

DragDad

Reaction score
Waitin' on more pics of how you did the deck....... :)

As for the deck, I put a thin wood veneer on it then glassed over it. I will post some pics when I get home. The motor is a stock LS with a carb intake and MSD controller. I used logs that are for 351C or 302 Boss. The ports line up perfect, I just had to drill and tap a couple of holes.