WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

32 Ultra flipped

Ultra28

Reaction score
Here is the video my 9 year old took and put together. I know it's kind of rough, but it was his first time editing and he only used one of those little Flip cameras.

[video=youtube;-OKS4fkRRuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OKS4fkRRuE[/video]

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
He made a great video. Now we need some in car action from a trophy cart race. :D

Wow I bet you butt was puckering during the flip. :eek:Will you need the big crane to pop the molds? As soon as my lotto check comes in I take one with twin 710’s please. :cool:

JW it looks great and I can’t wait to see one on the water. :beer

Ultra28

Reaction score
He made a great video. Now we need some in car action from a trophy cart race. :D

Wow I bet you butt was puckering during the flip. :eek:Will you need the big crane to pop the molds? As soon as my lotto check comes in I take one with twin 710’s please. :cool:

JW it looks great and I can’t wait to see one on the water. :beer

Yeah, I think he did an OK job for his first try. I actually got him the camera so he could practice editing for his Trophy Kart races. We have in car cameras in all of team Ultra's karts. So I want him to start putting videos together after the races.

Yes, I always get nervous when we do this kind of stuff. After all the time and money we put into it, one thing can go wrong and ruin it all. Good thing everything went perfect. I will get the crane back out to pop the molds in a couple of weeks.

larryflynt

Reaction score
jw, you know i think think your kids are da bomb. buttttttttt! if i hear nickelback on one of you posts ever again i will order a dcb.

bk

p.s. i mean it!

Ultra28

Reaction score
I Movie ? (mac)

Great Job!!
:beer

Just a little Flip video camera and edited with the standard windows movie maker software that comes with any computer now days. It took him about two hours last night to put it together. Thanks.

Ultra28

Reaction score
jw, you know i think think your kids are da bomb. buttttttttt! if i hear nickelback on one of you posts ever again i will order a dcm.

bk

p.s. i mean it!

It's G's favorite song right now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he did an OK job for his first try.

He did a GREAT JOB!!

I actually got him the camera so he could practice editing for his Trophy Kart races. We have in car cameras in all of team Ultra's karts. So I want him to start putting videos together after the races.

Looking forward to seeing the videos in the future! I hope you post them in here!

Yes, I always get nervous when we do this kind of stuff. After all the time and money we put into it, one thing can go wrong and ruin it all. Good thing everything went perfect. I will get the crane back out to pop the molds in a couple of weeks.

here's the question of the day.. Have you ever had one of these deals go badly? (I.E. boat / mold etc.. dropped?)

jw, you know i think think your kids are da bomb. buttttttttt! if i hear nickelback on one of you posts ever again i will order a dcm.

bk

p.s. i mean it!

Easy Larry, don't be getting my 2 buddies in a "tissy" at each other.. LOL 2 different types of boats for 2 different types of buyers. ;)

RD

larryflynt

Reaction score
sorry about that. i could never be mad at G$. who knows he might be my son in law some day. the girls are getting cuter by the day and i can't have them hookin up with some non ridin squids.
that was pretty harsh talk about the dcb purchase. anyway JW knows i'm jokin cause i'd go boatless before i'd drink the kool aid.
that 32 is what we need for this nasty great lakes stuff. we better start thinkin about colors and power options. maybe a couple of those new lsa blower motors. that'd be light and tasty.
bk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
sorry about that. i could never be mad at G$. who knows he might be my son in law some day. the girls are getting cuter by the day and i can't have them hookin up with some non ridin squids.
that was pretty harsh talk about the dcb purchase. anyway JW knows i'm jokin cause i'd go boatless before i'd drink the kool aid.
that 32 is what we need for this nasty great lakes stuff. we better start thinkin about colors and power options. maybe a couple of those new lsa blower motors. that'd be light and tasty.
bk

I was just kidding.. LOL by the way you said DCM not DCB.. ;) :D

RD

larryflynt

Reaction score
thanks for pointing that out rd! major screw up on my part. fixed the post. i would love a dcm jet to run the local chains when we don't have time to get to the bigger water. love that hull, so clean and classic. i'm sure i'd end up with a 22 stealth though. you know, a 32 shadow and a 22 sounds pretty good. what the heck may as well get a skater and 51 outerlimits too. whoa, reality check time. :D
bk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
thanks for pointing that out rd! major screw up on my part. fixed the post. i would love a dcm jet to run the local chains when we don't have time to get to the bigger water. love that hull, so clean and classic. i'm sure i'd end up with a 22 stealth though. you know, a 32 shadow and a 22 sounds pretty good. what the heck may as well get a skater and 51 outerlimits too. whoa, checkbook time. :D
bk

Fixed it for you.. ;) :D

RD

Ultra28

Reaction score
He did a GREAT JOB!!

Looking forward to seeing the videos in the future! I hope you post them in here!

here's the question of the day.. Have you ever had one of these deals go badly? (I.E. boat / mold etc.. dropped?)

RD

I will post his videos about the boats as they come along. I bought him a JVC Hi Def HD camera last night so he can get good at this stuff.

We have never had any issues yet with these things going bad, but it still makes me nervous each time. This is the biggest and most expensive project we have done to date. We are almost done prepping the bottom already. We will be spraying the tooling gel Monday night, then laying up the mold next week. I brought in four more laminators to help so we can run double shifts. I plan on popping the molds the following Tuesday. I won't be around to weld the cage that weekend though (I have to deliver a boat to Havasu, and take a little break). I have a real good team of guys coming in to handle it for me.

Ultra28

Reaction score
thanks for pointing that out rd! major screw up on my part. fixed the post. i would love a dcm jet to run the local chains when we don't have time to get to the bigger water. love that hull, so clean and classic. i'm sure i'd end up with a 22 stealth though. you know, a 32 shadow and a 22 sounds pretty good. what the heck may as well get a skater and 51 outerlimits too. whoa, reality check time. :D
bk

Do you even want to take delivery of your current Ultra, or should I put it for sale and start on your 22 and 32 now instead of this winter? :D

Scott E

Reaction score

Rumor is that a boat, not an Ultra, was dropped on move out day at the LA show...

strippoker

Stop looking at my member
Reaction score
you know, a 32 shadow and a 22 sounds pretty good. what the heck may as well get a skater and 51 outerlimits too. whoa, reality check time. :D
bk

BK note to self no more posting after you have been at the bar for more then 30min. Its ok to call and chat but posting can be dangerous.