----

Deltafan

Reaction score
Wheeler, didn’t you say it was also used as a movie prop in Topgun 😂
65C205FB-FD04-4E29-A343-6E0DD7997F7C.jpeg

There I was… 😌😎

spectras only

Reaction score
have got this from an old friend who passed this year in February. He was an airplane mechanic, serving on HMSC Magnificent.
Let see if these two newcomers recognize the item and what airplane it came from.

Attachments

• 20231121_005336.jpg
    20231121_005336.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20231121_005234.jpg
    20231121_005234.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 73

Deltafan

Reaction score
have got this from an old friend who passed this year in February. He was an airplane mechanic, serving on HMSC Magnificent.
Let see if these two newcomers recognize the item and what airplane it came from.
Hi 👋🏻

Sadly, don’t recognize this stuff… Maybe hydraulic system.

spectras only

Reaction score
spark plug from the 3000HP Bristol Centaurus engine in a Hawker Seafury.
Would love to use it in my 1958 Matchless 500 but it's too long to fit under the gas tank.:(:D

the supercharger inside the engine.

1700558564854.png

Lot of moving parts in ths bad boy.
1700558963854.png

Last edited:

Deltafan

Reaction score
Have you read about the headless horseman on Sleepy Hollow? He 'Grads'uated and moved to France to become a
céréale comedian is what I heard. :)

View attachment 1306967
Never met him after have seen the movie.

Iff he had walked into the street, would have recognized him, such « no face » is unforgettable. 😅

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Wheels... Look into ITAR restrictions before sending anything like this out of country.

It may not be restricted in any way, but it also could be federal pound your ass prison levels of trouble. Just do your homework.

Deltafan

Reaction score
Wheels... Look into ITAR restrictions before sending anything like this out of country.

It may not be restricted in any way, but it also could be federal pound your ass prison levels of trouble. Just do your homework.
Absolutely

As mentioned, I got an address in California 😌

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
The crap people have laying around in their garage. 😁
View attachment 1310719
… When I was a kid my father used to take me to war surplus stores. I was probably six years old so that would’ve been 1951. These kind of items were just everywhere… I don’t know what the price of them but they were cheap…

… One of the LaTuna Canyon guys growing up, opened up a business called Surplus City…in Sun Valley California… He has subsequently moved it up to the Feather River in Oroville California… He still has quite a few items like this… his deal was, he would go to military auctions …About 40 years ago he bought a nuclear item and the government tried to get him to give it back,…and he would not budge… The FBI would periodically come and take him from his home and send him to Lompoc federal prison for six months… This happened several times… I asked him what would’ve happened if you would’ve just given the device back… His reply was oh, I suppose nothing ???… he may be a billionaire, but I don’t know what he was thinking…😳🤷🏽‍♀️

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
… When I was a kid my father used to take me to war surplus stores. I was probably six years old so that would’ve been 1951. These kind of items were just everywhere… I don’t know what the price of them but they were cheap…

… One of the LaTuna Canyon guys growing up, opened up a business called Surplus City…in Sun Valley California… He has subsequently moved it up to the Feather River in Oroville California… He still has quite a few items like this… his deal was, he would go to military auctions …About 40 years ago he bought a nuclear item and the government tried to get him to give it back,…and he would not budge… The FBI would periodically come and take him from his home and send him to Lompoc federal prison for six months… This happened several times… I asked him what would’ve happened if you would’ve just given the device back… His reply was oh, I suppose nothing ???… he may be a billionaire, but I don’t know what he was thinking…😳🤷🏽‍♀️
I've heard stories of 55 gal. drums filled with 1911 .45 auto's for sale at 5 bux each.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I've heard stories of 55 gal. drums filled with 1911 .45 auto's for sale at 5 bux each.
…Damn… if I was still up Lake Oroville way… I would finally try to hook up with Steve Seidenglanz and reminisce a bit…
… he was quite a bit older, but we knew a whole lot of the same people… I would guess he has some stories that are just jaw droppers… with him. It was just simply all about money…

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
…Damn… if I was still up Lake Oroville way… I would finally try to hook up with Steve Seidenglanz and reminisce a bit…
… he was quite a bit older, but we knew a whole lot of the same people… I would guess he has some stories that are just jaw droppers… with him. It was just simply all about money…
A friend purchased seven P-51 Mustangs that were crated and ready to be shipped into service. You can imagine the size of the crates and with no place to store them he had them delivered to the El Mirage glider port where they were used for wind breaks until he could get rid of them. He also purchased a Bearcat which he ended up selling to Darryl Greenamyer.

0000089902.jpg