WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

21 schiada

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
21 RC vdrive with stock 454, how will it run? I know it wont be fast, but will it be a nice cruzer? Too heavy for a stock power plant?

Thanx

P.S. sorry for all the boating content Dave:D:D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
21 RC vdrive with stock 454, how will it run? I know it wont be fast, but will it be a nice cruzer? Too heavy for a stock power plant?

Thanx

should get into the 40's

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

Thanx

If you don't mind that it's not fast, it should be a great cruiser. Plus if it's set up right, you can put more power in it later if you get the urge. Just check it out,, or get someone who knows them to look it over before you buy it.

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
It will be bitchen. drive it, then you will be hooked like the rest of us. :boobeyes:

dancudmore

Reaction score

Thanx

Tim it will get you on the lake just like in the tri-hull days :thumbsup

If it floats it's a good boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
yikes, this isn't sounding like a good set up. These things must need good power to make them function properly :(:) Good power = $$$:grumble:

obnoxious001

Reaction score
yikes, this isn't sounding like a good set up. These things must need good power to make them function properly :(:) Good power = $$$:grumble:

No,, nothing wrong if you are ok going 65 MPH or so, give or take, depending on how "stock" the engine is, gear and prop and setup of the boat.

I raced a turbo charged(roughly 900-1000HP)20' Schiada,, then sold it without the engine. The buyers put a 600 HP NA engine in the boat, changed to an appropriate gear in the V drive, and used it as a ski boat. I had a chance to drive it with the new power. Still a great boat, but I kept wanting to shift the trans one more gear up! They had a great time with the boat, but I still wanted it to jump out of the water and run up around 100.

If you have found a 21' Schiada at a reasonable deal, you should be able to use it and not lose money if you decide to resell. Chances are you may not want to sell it!

mark49

Reaction score
Our 24' Campbell with a 454 runs 58 MPH yes we have a upgraded cam, 18 qt oil pan and a 750 duel pumper holly. You'll be happy running 4k RPMS in the 50s... Great boat huge possibilities....
C-ya on the lake... Oh yeah pics!!!

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
No,, nothing wrong if you are ok going 65 MPH or so, give or take, depending on how "stock" the engine is, gear and prop and setup of the boat.

I raced a turbo charged(roughly 900-1000HP)20' Schiada,, then sold it without the engine. The buyers put a 600 HP NA engine in the boat, changed to an appropriate gear in the V drive, and used it as a ski boat. I had a chance to drive it with the new power. Still a great boat, but I kept wanting to shift the trans one more gear up! They had a great time with the boat, but I still wanted it to jump out of the water and run up around 100.

If you have found a 21' Schiada at a reasonable deal, you should be able to use it and not lose money if you decide to resell. Chances are you may not want to sell it!
a 21 rc is my "dream" boat. I constantly bug my wife about getting one and she is finally on board:thumbsup Keepin my eyes open for the right one (for me). Of course I want HUGE power, but can I afford it? Idunno:headscratch::headscratch:. I haven't seen too many with stock power and wondered how they would perform.

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
a 21 rc is my "dream" boat. I constantly bug my wife about getting one and she is finally on board:thumbsup Keepin my eyes open for the right one (for me). Of course I want HUGE power, but can I afford it? Idunno:headscratch::headscratch:. I haven't seen too many with stock power and wondered how they would perform.

I know of one for sale. :p

obnoxious001

Reaction score

Find a deal on one,, you can paddle it if you have to until you can put some power in it. It sounded like you already had spied a deal.

mark49

Reaction score
Find a deal on one,, you can paddle it if you have to until you can put some power in it. It sounded like you already had spied a deal.

Did the prior owner drop a crate motor in it? I agree its unusal to see a std motor in a inboard?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I love Schiadas but I'm not sure I'd be switching a 100mph Mach 22 with twins for an old 21 Rc with stock power.. Unless there is some newer 21 with stock power for sale I'm unaware of?

RD

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I love Schiadas but I'm not sure I'd be switching a 100mph Mach 22 with twins for an old 21 Rc with stock power.. Unless there is some newer 21 with stock power for sale I'm unaware of?

RD

ya know dave, every now and then you say something pretty smart:cool:

WildHorses24

Reaction score

RD

:thumbsup....I've heard that Schiada's are the bayliners of performance boating...:D

DaveH

Reaction score
i own what you are considering to be a "stock" 21RC v-drive.

when i bought the boat, it was full interior, with a mild 454. log exhaust single 750 carb. ran low 60's. no complaints, other than the usual "not fast enough".

Built an injected, normally aspirated 600cubic inch pump gas motor, 750hp. changed gears and prop. boat is basically the same, runs high 80's now, probably higher with a differerent gear/prop combo.