WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

21 RT, sitting for 10 years what’s it worth?

jarrettolson

Reaction score
So I know of a 95 river tunnel with big block bravo 3 drive. Original open bow boat, has original interior and gelcoat. Less than 200 hours on boat. It’s 700 miles from me, no current pictures but the owner stated that’s it’s been covered in a carport and would require the tires/axles be done for the haul back. Only bummer from what he told me was the boat had a wake board tower installed before it went into storage.

What would you pay for something like this sight unseen? I’m guessing that the engine and drive will need full service and there is always the possibility of weather getting to the flooring/stringers and interior.

Boats all gel so I’m not terribly concerned about the gel needing a color sanding.

I’ve seen pictures of the boat before it went into storage and it looked clean (decent colors and layout). Known the seller for about ten years and he is a stand up guy.

Thanks

J

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score
You said it! ;)

worthlesswoutpics.gif

jarrettolson

Reaction score
Guy I’m talking with is original owner. Had it built at schiada. I was surprised to see an open bow as well.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Does anyone else think it’s odd that they built a river tunnel with an open bow and a bravo three?

Those were my thoughts as I was reading the post.

As for value of a boat in a carport for 10 yrs sight unseen... $1.
And I would pay the $1 only because there is nothing worse than a free boat.

Sent from a van down by the river. [emoji111]️[emoji41]

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score
If he wants 5K offer 2K o_O ;) Carport edit! lol

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Guy I’m talking with is original owner. Had it built at schiada. I was surprised to see an open bow as well.
I am wondering if it could possibly be a Blackhawk Drive? I didn’t think they would put a bravo three in anything that was intended to go fast. I’m not sure when Blackhawk Drive’s came on the scene.

As to what it’s worth, I have no idea. I suppose you could make him a lowball offer but I think I’d want to see it first.

jarrettolson

Reaction score
I am wondering if it could possibly be a Blackhawk Drive? I didn’t think they would put a bravo three in anything that was intended to go fast. I’m not sure when Blackhawk Drive’s came on the scene.

As to what it’s worth, I have no idea. I suppose you could make him a lowball offer but I think I’d want to see it first.

He specifically said bravo drive and that it was dual prop. I just figured III. I don’t know about the Blackhawk drive either.

Got wife in on the possibility of a class c rental and a week off work to see some sights. Been a big fan of schiada but more of a whacker Guy.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
He specifically said bravo drive and that it was dual prop. I just figured III. I don’t know about the Blackhawk drive either.

Got wife in on the possibility of a class c rental and a week off work to see some sights. Been a big fan of schiada but more of a whacker Guy.
If you’ve seen the boat and like the colors and think it something you might like, it’s probably worth a trip to at least go see it.

I’d want to figure the cost of at least valve springs in a major service on the soft parts into the offer.

You could probably sell or trade the bravo three for bravo one if it does indeed have a bravo three.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
There have been a couple nice rt’s rigged with outboards. Rigging it with an outboard is a fair amount of work on stringers and transom but many have had really good success. If the stringers floors and the rest of the wood is good, the motor gets passed a leak down. I would consider it a run for now and convert later platform.

Be easy on that drive if it is a bravo 3. If it’s a Blackhawk in good shape with props it could be your down on the new whacker. No hammer down starts on the bravo 3.

I agree an open bow Schiada with a bravo 3 sounds interesting. Would love pictures of the rigging.

farmo83

Reaction score
I've owned a 96 RT with a big block for 7 years and love it.

Schiada did do at least a few open bow RT's. One was on there promotional materials for a while, maxed out marine had one for sale with a 454, also Alexi had a black one with big power. From what I remember (not surprisingly) they were extremely strong as the open bow was one solid piece as opposed to cutting one out of a closed bow mold. If it does have a black hawk I would be VERY careful with it. I brought the black hawk up recently with Teague and he said they haven't made parts for that in years and if I had one, Don't mess it up.

What do you want to do with it? If you want to scream down river then I would look at something else as the bravo 3 isn't made to run, if you want a Schiada that will haul a lot of people and still run pretty well ( and very well in the rough) I would def go look at it.

BamBam

Reaction score
Is it black and grey?
I remember building a black one with grey stripes that had an open bow, bravo three and a ski pole near the center. It also had a unique set-up for the seating, but I can't quite nail down exactly what was different. May be the same boat.

jarrettolson

Reaction score
Well this would be a third boat so not quite sure what I want to do with it.

Pics that I remember were the gel had a light blue/green (teal) color with white and the some yellow striping. Interior was mostly white. Had a ski pole I believe at the front of the engine hatch.

BamBam

Reaction score
Just food for thought, but I am pretty sure that a Bravo 1 will bolt up to that gimbal as it is the same between the Bravo 1 and Bravo 3 (dual prop).

Last edited:

Dalton

Reaction score
Just food for thought, but I am pretty sure that a Bravo 1 will bolt up to that gimbal as it is the same between the Bravo 1 and Bravo 2.

yes it will bolt up, I did it on a hallett, quick and easy job