2017 Miami Boat Show

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
32634705050_6e2fe44fe3_o.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
Awesome Pics Jayboat, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:thumbsup

+1, I jus always hit the thanks button as my way of sayin what has been said. I do appreciate ur efforts to show us cool pics.

Bitchin [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the comments are always appreciated.

32990060706_0385aa9f30_o.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Great show had a great time!
Some very nice/big center consoles. Everything is outboards, even cruisers.

isn't that because of the salt water and easier maintainance?

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
isn't that because of the salt water and easier maintainance?

I don't think salt water has all that much to do with it. Traditional I/Os are a dime a dozen on salt water cruisers. With closed cooling and anti-corrosion systems I bet there is little difference. I suppose you can tilt these out of the water when in a slip so it doesn't soak extended time in the salt, but my guess is none of this live full time in the water. The performance boats must like the power/weight and mph per dollar in choosing the OBs would be my guess. The center console/OB boats occupants must not be constantly going in and out of the water and spending lots of time hanging out on the swim step? Anyways, they are super cool and I would love to have a chance to live that lifestyle.

I am curious also on the why the OB seem to be dominating these boats out of the east coast.

hallett21

Reaction score
I don't think salt water has all that much to do with it. Traditional I/Os are a dime a dozen on salt water cruisers. With closed cooling and anti-corrosion systems I bet there is little difference. I suppose you can tilt these out of the water when in a slip so it doesn't soak extended time in the salt, but my guess is none of this live full time in the water. The performance boats must like the power/weight and mph per dollar in choosing the OBs would be my guess. The center console/OB boats occupants must not be constantly going in and out of the water and spending lots of time hanging out on the swim step? Anyways, they are super cool and I would love to have a chance to live that lifestyle.

I am curious also on the why the OB seem to be dominating these boats out of the east coast.

Center consoles started as fishing boats prior to becoming the east coast deck boat. Hard to fight/land a fish with I/Os

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Maybe this will put more in perspective for you. In the last eight years I have owned 3 CCs, 2 with trip 300s and one with twin 275 Verados. In 8 years combining the 3 boats in service maintenance it was less then my race gas bill on my twin engine cat in one year. They are the easiest motors Ive ever had to deal with. When you flush, the flush kit comes out the side of the cowling and you do t even need to run the motor. If your in the salt water they trim up hi enough to basically get out of the water if it does stay in the water. 5 year warranty, 95% bullet proof and the list goes on. I used to hate out boards, I now couldn't even imagine owning a boat without them with the kind of boating I do.

I know there not as cool as twin turbo or twin whipple motors but they sure are cheap and easy.

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Maybe this will put more in perspective for you. In the last eight years I have owned 3 CCs, 2 with trip 300s and one with twin 275 Verados. In 8 years combining the 3 boats in service maintenance it was less then my race gas bill on my twin engine cat in one year. They are the easiest motors Ive ever had to deal with. When you flush, the flush kit comes out the side of the cowling and you do t even need to run the motor. If your in the salt water they trim up hi enough to basically get out of the water if it does stay in the water. 5 year warranty, 95% bullet proof and the list goes on. I used to hate out boards, I now couldn't even imagine owning a boat without them with the kind of boating I do.

I know there not as cool as twin turbo or twin whipple motors but they sure are cheap and easy.

X2...although my boat count is higher then Greg's Ive owned 5 in the last 20 years..Mostly saltwater use..Before I got into CC/OB boats I was into DeepVee Go Fast Boats...Fuel Drives and cramped engine compartments...Let alone having to yank out a Starboard Engine to replace a starter....Well Sucked!!!
Most O/B's stand on a ladder or off a lift very easy to have Whole access to the Engine ...And Drive...Makes sense...IMO

H2O

Reaction score

yep x2:thumbsup

the west coast often leads in style and trends...but there are 2 things we are just starting to catch up on: outboards and windshields ;)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
X2...although my boat count is higher then Greg's Ive owned 5 in the last 20 years..Mostly saltwater use..Before I got into CC/OB boats I was into DeepVee Go Fast Boats...Fuel Drives and cramped engine compartments...Let alone having to yank out a Starboard Engine to replace a starter....Well Sucked!!!
Most O/B's stand on a ladder or off a lift very easy to have Whole access to the Engine ...And Drive...Makes sense...IMO

yep x2:thumbsup

the west coast often leads in style and trends...but there are 2 things we are just starting to catch up on: outboards and windshields ;)
I love my little outboard. It's as old as I am and has required less maintenance than myself. The only times its ever had any significant issues was due to my own deferral of maintenance (water pump) or lack of experience operating. Then the rare occasion something does happen, I can stand and work on it and the engine block is at chest level. It can't be any easier.

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
I think I heard the number 1.2 mil... but, I could have dreamed that.
Might as well have, for all the good it would do me. :p

32924540511_7acff65712_o.jpg