WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2016 College Football ...........

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Starting this thread for the usual season bantering. Let's see if I can get into the season like usual. I'll start........my team sucks so far. :D

westair

Reaction score
LA's team playing UNLV at the Rose Bowl at 5pm:thumbsup

Backlash

Reaction score
My team sucked gator balls during the entire first half last week. Then during halftime, some coaches starting cracking some skulls. :D

The second half looked like a different team!

Go Noles!! :D

Joker

Reaction score
It's gonna be a hot one in Tempe tonight.[emoji29]

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Blow it of the week moment so far goes to OK St...........:eek ooops. :D

G. Faulk

Reaction score
If the Ducks could actually get some D might have a decent team.

Dam there was some good games on today with some hella good endings. .

Getting tickets to the Ducks USC game on Nov 5th, might be a decent game. If not I know for a fact the tailgating will be.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
The UW will be ending the Ducks dominance over them since 2004 this season.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
ASU only up by 10 with 1 qtr to go. :yikes:D

And friggin Arizona looks their in trouble in the 3rd to Grambling St......wtf???:yikes:D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
If the Ducks could actually get some D might have a decent team.

Dam there was some good games on today with some hella good endings. .

Getting tickets to the Ducks USC game on Nov 5th, might be a decent game. If not I know for a fact the tailgating will be.

Oregon D has never really been their strong point. Athleticism they have....but the strength always lacks. It's always the team that can slow down their high scoring offense that has a chance.

westair

Reaction score
San Diego St beats Cal .... looked like a good one 45-40 ..... and possible Heisman candidate Pumphrey

shunter2005

Reaction score
It was a sad day (for me) in college football when the marquis game on ABC was a 17th ranked Tennessee against a non ranked Virginia Tech, played at a race track. Wonder if the cheap seats could even see the players numbers. The only good thing about it was the viewers didn't have to listen to Brent Musburger.

However, I thought two of the best games were from the PAC 12. First, TT vs ASU. Wow!! A little sad that TT lost (they are not my team, but they are from Texas), but what a great game for the Sun Devils. It was a shootout for sure. Second, Cal vs. San Diego State. What can you say, SDST tried to give it away near the end, but both teams were outstanding. That Pumpfrey kid is a helluva running back. In the end it came down to turnovers. I was interested in this game, since Cal plays my team, Texas, next week. That game could be a barn burner as well.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Yea man....ASU pulls it off........but they give up 55 points. :yikes They better tighten up that D.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
So the upsets..........15 TCU downed by unranked Arkansas

And holy shit did OK St blow it at the end. They had the win. One more play to defend....then booom hail mary.....and with a lateral. Go watch the highlights. :yikes

GEorgia and Clemson also cut.it close against their sub par opponents.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Be interesting to see how it plays out with Houston.....they jumped to 6 after beating OK last week. Someone between 1 and 5 is gonna fall. Houston has a weak ass schedule. They just have to get passed a climbing Louisville. At least Louisville has a ranked Clemson on their schedule. So if Houston wins out, do they hold a chance at a playoff spot? Weak if they do I think.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
So the upsets..........15 TCU downed by unranked Arkansas

And holy shit did OK St blow it at the end. They had the win. One more play to defend....then booom hail mary.....and with a lateral. Go watch the highlights. :yikes

GEorgia and Clemson also cut.it close against their sub par opponents.

More accurate to say the OK State game refs blew it at the end. Even admitted as much but the game stands as played from what I've read.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
More accurate to say the OK State game refs blew it at the end. Even admitted as much but the game stands as played from what I've read.

Yea...I heard that too and was kinda confused. So they gave C Mich one more untimed play for an intentional grounding call because OK ran out the clock by throwing it out of bounds?

Joker

Reaction score
Yea man....ASU pulls it off........but they give up 55 points. :yikes They better tighten "up that D.

Neither of us had defense. It was a great game to witness[emoji106].
I thought Tech would blow us out with their pass game.

Pelon

Reaction score
Michigan vs. Alabama in the title game? It hasn't taken Harbaugh long to get that program rolling.

Going to be tough for Michigan. They would have to beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe this year.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I just want to watch little rock and LSU play... its always a war. I mean flat out war.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Going to be tough for Michigan. They would have to beat Ohio State in the Horseshoe this year.

Michigan has Michigan State, Iowa and Ohio Sate all on the road towards the end of the season. I am hoping for at least 2 out of the 3 end up W's.

The only good part is that all 3 of those teams lost a lot of talent from last year.

Go Blue!

Pelon

Reaction score
Michigan has Michigan State, Iowa and Ohio Sate all on the road towards the end of the season. I am hoping for at least 2 out of the 3 end up W's.

The only good part is that all 3 of those teams lost a lot of talent from last year.

Go Blue!

And if they win, then they would most likely face Wisconsin in the title game. Badgers currently ranked 9th. Big Ten is tough this year!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
And if they win, then they would most likely face Wisconsin in the title game. Badgers currently ranked 9th. Big Ten is tough this year!

Michigan has Wisconsin at home on October 1st. Their schedule starts off pretty weak, (although Colorado has played decently so far) and ends pretty brutal, they should beat MSU and Iowa though.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Bump.......

Holy shit.....looks like some good games going on so far right now. Not much time to comment. Been working on call since yesterday...worked 20 hours yesterday...got off at 4am this morning...went back out at 9am, just got home a few minutes ago. Just ate. Gonna try to squeeze in a dump, shower and hopefully a nap with a lil bit of game watching in between.....until I get called again. I know.....TMI. :D I'm tired. :cool

westair

Reaction score
Bump.......

Holy shit.....looks like some good games going on so far right now. Not much time to comment. Been working on call since yesterday...worked 20 hours yesterday...got off at 4am this morning...went back out at 9am, just got home a few minutes ago. Just ate. Gonna try to squeeze in a dump, shower and hopefully a nap with a lil bit of game watching in between.....until I get called again. I know.....TMI. :D I'm tired. :cool

Might be less painful if you take a nap during the Stanford game

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Might be less painful if you take a nap during the Stanford game

Don't worry.....your boys will get their dose of Stanford and McCaffrey next week. :D

Could be alot worse so far for SC.....considering the stupid penalty mistakes they're making, and blowing the coverage of McCaffrey. Keeping it somewhat in check.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Max Browne has been disappointing. Weak arm, not accurate. No wonder why it seems like they forgot Juju was on the roster. We can run the ball, but they gotta open up that passing game. Stanford hasn't even been super dominant. Beatable....but the better team is winning.

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
Ohio State v OU blowout.

Image1474168973.087752.jpg

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Bumpdiddly.....

USC/Utah tonight........let's see what Darnold brings to the show. I think they should have brought him in earlier last week. More of a dual threat. Nothing else was working. :D

Couple good games tomorrow. MSU/Wisc. Should be good. UCLA should have their turn of getting slapped by Stanford. :D

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Bumpdiddly.....

USC/Utah tonight........let's see what Darnold brings to the show. I think they should have brought him in earlier last week. More of a dual threat. Nothing else was working. :D

Couple good games tomorrow. MSU/Wisc. Should be good. UCLA should have their turn of getting slapped by Stanford. :D

Friday night game? I haven't been paying attention.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Looks like SC is barely hanging on now. Not even watching the game. Gotta get my last dosages of Vin and the Dodger game. Gotta hold on to the last moments. :(

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Rich Rod and the Wildcats are in for a rude awakening Saturday night. The ducks and cardinals are in the same boat. The Huskies are stacked this year and they have the 2nd coming of Don James at the helm. Tyrone fucking Willingham.. That POS took a down used to be super power and fucking buried them in obscurity. Worst coach in NCAA history, only reason he got the job had to do with a diversity push.

PAC 10 and BS sanctions ruined what Don James had in place in the early 90's. Neuheisel was a good coach but had a barge worth of baggage and was only interested in ladder climbing. Nabbing Chris Peterson from Boise State was a huge deal. Peterson was a target for every large school in NCAA football for almost a decade but the UW is where he landed.

The Sun devils are going t go down Saturday night. The Ducks and weird ass tree / Cardinal thingies are next. Your time in the national spot light is up bitches.

Joker

Reaction score
Rich Rod and the Wildcats are in for a rude awakening Saturday night. The ducks and cardinals are in the same boat. The Huskies are stacked this year and they have the 2nd coming of Don James at the helm. Tyrone fucking Willingham.. That POS took a down used to be super power and fucking buried them in obscurity. Worst coach in NCAA history, only reason he got the job had to do with a diversity push.

PAC 10 and BS sanctions ruined what Don James had in place in the early 90's. Neuheisel was a good coach but had a barge worth of baggage and was only interested in ladder climbing. Nabbing Chris Peterson from Boise State was a huge deal. Peterson was a target for every large school in NCAA football for almost a decade but the UW is where he landed.

The Sun devils are going t go down Saturday night. The Ducks and weird ass tree / Cardinal thingies are next. Your time in the national spot light is up bitches.

Lol, Devils by 7 over Cal.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

New-weasel a good coach. HAHAHAHAHA...

The same New-weasel that took a national championship program at CU at ran it into the ground?
The same New-weasel that left CU with years of sanctions based on recruiting violations?
The same New-weasel that finished off the Huskies program instead of saving it?
That New-Weasel?

Yeah, fuck him. I turn the channel when he comes on TV.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
No surprise last night because Utah is a very good team. I knew that 1-3 was certainly possible before the season & every game they have left in the PAC12 will be difficult. It's going to be a long season......

Looks like SC found their starting QB for the next few years. The fumbles hurt them last night. Browne will probably transfer next year.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I turned it off at 24-10 thinking usc can't possibly lose this one:D

Lol....u thought wrong like me. I was watching the score and thinking that too. Looking at the numbers, looks like the turnovers did SC in. Everything else was pretty evenly matched. Oh shit, and I guess Utah converted 4-4 on 4th down. That right? Can't win tight games like that.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
In the meantime......tight game for MSU and Wisc right now. This one should close at the end. :thumbsup

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Dayum....Georgia gettin exposed. I knew it was a matter of time. They've been a lil questionable. And Ole Miss is a good team.

Tank

Reaction score
Ohio State v OU blowout.

View attachment 512079

Speaking of OU, you catch the ESPN documentary on The Boz? Great show! I'm not even a football guy and I was glued to the TV. of course I was in high school during the Boz mania and remember it well.

I recommend watching it if you all can. Great show.

Ok, sorry to derail.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
In the meantime......tight game for MSU and Wisc right now. This one should close at the end. :thumbsup

It started out as a good matched up game. Wisc D is just shutting the door on Sparty. Wisc D looks to be the real deal. They have a busy next couple of weeks. I'm thinking they could shut down Michigan next week.....and hopefully do the same to Ohio St. Next.

Mich St and Georgia........getting owned today.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I turned it off at 24-10 thinking usc can't possibly lose this one:D
You don't watch much college football. A 2 touchdown lead with almost 2 quarters left to play is never enough. Especially playing in the rain at Utah who has a very good offense. ;)

Good luck with Stanford FUCLA. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
You don't watch much college football. A 2 touchdown lead with almost 2 quarters left to play is never enough. Especially playing in the rain at Utah who has a very good offense. ;)

Stanford has won the last 8 with an average margin of 38-17 in the last 3. They might need more than luck. :D
Honestly, I think SC made Stanford look better than they are.They're beatable. Stanford better put up alot of points on them like last year. Might be another close game like last week vs. BYU.

westair

Reaction score

There was a time if usc had a 2 touchdown lead at halftime the other team was in for a long day .......... hard to get used to the new usc era:D