WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2011 Chevy El Camino?

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Never been a big chevy fan, but I think one of these would look pretty bitchin pulling a rump-rump boat

hans1.jpg

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Thats pretty cool looking, are they full size ??? NSF

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Always wondered why they never brought it back.

lebel409

Reaction score
They have those in Austrailia, based on a Holden (whatever that is).

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
That is a cool looking truck, but they shouldn't call it an El Camino. If it had a more 70's retro look, where you could see the actual El Camino styling as the inspiration....then they could call it an El Camino. Reminds me o f the bastardation that they did with the Impala.:fsakes

I agree, but I like the looks better than the SSR!

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
That is a Holden with a Chevy grill and badge, which is a division of GM that's how Pontiac got the 1st GTO it was based in the Holden Monaro.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Like stated based on the Holden Ute. Been around for awhile and there are talks of it following the Pontiac G8 into production. I think it would be very cool but they won't sell in big numbers here:(

2007eserieshsvmaloo.jpg

Director...
Reaction score
I had a 72 El Camino......I wish I had it back.....:beer

cc322

Reaction score
That thing imo is FUGLY looks kinda like the old Subaru brat

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Fugly, i bet it's front wheel drive and based of the monte carlo

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Fugly, i bet it's front wheel drive and based of the monte carlo

Nope it's rear wheel drive. The red one in the pic is an HSV like Ford's SVT. The HSV has upwards of 550 hp. The thing is a rocket ship.

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
They've managed to foul up all the classic names like the El Camino, Impala, Malibu and the Monte Carlo......damn I sound like Messican. :D

G-Body

Reaction score
NOthe El Camino will not be back. That vehicle however will be available. Word is that it will be called the G8ST G8 sport truck. No El Camino for you! Pontiac pickup will be named G8 ST - LS1TECH theres a couple threads about it in the G8 forum.

I don`t really like the look of it, the area where it transitions from the passenger compartment to the bed just looks completely wrong. It is not a vertical transition like the early 64/65 EC`s and it does not slope down like the mid 70`s to 87`s. The angle just looks unnatural.

Well that and I have all the cool stuff on my El Camino anyway....I have the LSx motor and 4l60e trans....and the IRS that will be in the G8ST just kills weight carrying cap and is more parts to break at the dragstrip:D

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Nope it's rear wheel drive. The red one in the pic is an HSV like Ford's SVT. The HSV has upwards of 550 hp. The thing is a rocket ship.

That's a helluva surprise, at least it has one thing going for it.

G-Body

Reaction score
Yep, pontiac finally saw the light, I believe they are going to make their entire lineup RWD eventually:cool:...one model at a time.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score

They are very strong units, looks good with the polished 4inch rolled bar in the back and have seen them with dual centrifugal blowers putting out 1100 HP in street legal trim.:eek:

Seen one yesterday lowered all round with 10 inch front and rear in full black looked great with Bling kit.:drool

The rear diff is a limited slip and l think it may be a 3.07 ratio (but others are available as well).

Very quick off the mark with 6 speed and if memory serves me right the engine is a slightly detuned Corvette motor (Holden/GMH has been doing this for years). :cool:

Holden is a partner with GMH and this has occured since the 1950's in Australia.

They also make a great towing unit especially when they are converted with a crew cab making it a 4 Door.

But all in all l still perfer my Vette.:D