WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

12' Mini boat looks like a Hallett

azhouseboater

Reaction score
$2400 located in Apache Junction, AZ east of Phoenix.

This is a 11'-6" Long 1989 Habercraft mini speedboat with a 1990 40HP Yamaha. I purchased this boat in 2012 from California and it's an awesome little boat and I kept it on a jet ski lift over at Lake Pleasant where we had our houseboat. But with the houseboat gone and 2 other boats at the house it's time for someone else to have some fun with this.

This boat gets tons of attention and is a blast to say the least. It's the perfect boat for a couple to take out on the lake and is really easy to launch and drive.

I have also owned the Additctor in the past and I can tell you this boat is 100 times better. The handling for a small boat is great and as long as you slow down over the big boat waves it's a great ride. I loved this model because it has a small back seat which our dog would ride in with the 2 of us up front. I never had it propped for top speed but it ran a good 25 to 30 mph I would guess and had plenty of power with 2 people and our 60 lb dog in it. I'm sure it could run faster with a different prop on it also.

If the marina allows you to it will fit on a jet ski lift and I loved having it on the lift at Lake Pleasant when we had our houseboat there also. Cheap monthly rent and keeps the boat out of the water that way also. Uncover, push off, and away you go.

There is no Coast Guard plate on it so I don't know what the weight or engine capacity really is.

This is a lake ready boat. I just changed the water pump, steering helm, steering cable, and put a new battery in it last fall. Both the boat and the trailer are registered and I even have the title for the trailer. Everything is in my name and ready to go.

So here's what you get:
1.) A really awesome 11'-6" boat. Original gel coat graphics and seats in decent shape. Lights to make it legal at night, a really nice stereo, built in fuel tank in the bow, and working bilge pump. New battery, steering helm, and steering cable this year. Also a bimini top for the summer and a full storage cover for the boat.
2.) 1990 40 HP Yamaha, 3 cylinder, 2 stroke motor. New water pump, gear lube changed, and the oil injection even works. I've compression tested it for you and it's good and consistent across all 3 cylinders. This motor has always ran great for me.
3.) 2007 trailer with permanent plates and title. I've replaced the bunks last fall and the lights all work. Trailer tires are decent but bought new in 2012.

Boat is sold As-Is.

I don't need to sell it so I price my stuff where I will part with it for someone else to enjoy like I did. You'll be on the lake and getting plenty of looks and questions about the boat.

Here's the story about the boats that one of the guys on the forumn told me when I bought it in 2012
"I never knew what Hallett called their boat, this boat was designed by Bob Carlson, the plug was built be my dad in his garage in Garden Grove. Ron Eddy of Eliminator Daytona and other boats fame, finished the deck and actually lengthened the plug.

Somehow, Nick Barron and I "Hooked Up" and Nick build the mold. We called our boats "Snappers", I never knew what Nick called his.

Nick told me their was no money in these Mini Boats, so I I sold the mold for $6,000 to a guy in Oceanside. He took the mold to Eliminator's Mexico shop. My friend, Marion Davies has had the mold since the late '80's in Mexico.

I met with Marion in March, 2012, and asked what he'd charge me to build a boat. We have not "Hooked up" since March...He said he was busy, I told him I was real busy.

What these boats needed was a 50-60 HP, not 30 HP as the Coast Guard required...They ran like a "Rocket" with a 50 Yamaha, with power trim.

Nick decided that Hallett Boats didn't want to be in the Mini Boat Business, so he sold me his half of the mold. I in turn sold the mold to a guy in Oceanside. A man named Bud Holtz took the molds to Mexico and Marion Davies built several for Bud and the guy from Oceanside.

Marion still has the mold in Mexico, as I talk to him earlier this year.

Bob Carlson, the son of Art Carlson, drew the plans for this boat. My dad built the plug in his garage in Garden Grove. Art Carlson refused to finish the plug because he had not designed it or built it. So, I hired Ron Eddy, of Eliminator Fame to finish the deck. He finished the deck, but also lengthened the boat about 14 to 16 inches.

If you compare the deck of this Mini Boat to an SST Stoker, and several other Eliminators you'll see the similarity of the lines, all of which were tooled by Ron Eddy.

Nick Barron finished the "PLUG" and built the mold...This boat in the above pictures is no a Hallett lay up. It for sure is a Mexican built "SNAPPER" as we called these little "Pipsqueaks"...."

2012-09-01-1.jpg 2012-09-01-2.jpg 2012-09-01-3.jpg IMG_2885.JPG IMG_2888.JPG IMG_2889.JPG IMG_2890.JPG IMG_2891.JPG IMG_2892.JPG IMG_2893.JPG IMG_2894.JPG

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Looks like fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azhouseboater

Reaction score
They are a fun little boat and get lots of attention on the lake. Forgot that I think Twisted Liquid Marine now has the molds and is building new ones called the Typhoon.

azhouseboater

Reaction score
Boat has sold. Heading back to California so you might see it around the San Diego area he says.