WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stupid Stuff I did as a Teenager……..

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
The teenagers who threw out the trash is what gave me the idea for this thread. I am sure we all have some dirty laundry.

I will have multiple posts in this thread. Mainly because I did a LOT of stupid stuff.

So here is my first confession……….

When I was 16, we used to drive around, shooting unsuspecting pedestrians with a fully charged Fire Extinguisher. We thought this was so funny. As fate would have it, I ended up blasting someone right in front of a Torrance Police Dept Officer, that I did not see. His first words to me, have stood out to me, my entire life……….. “Get out of the car, Pimple Dick”. He also took my fire extinguisher.

My funniest story is still to come…….

What is your teenage confession?

ChrisV

Reaction score
Had buckets of ice water in the car and splashed a bunch of hookers on Harbor st in Santa Ana. Pimp chased us and put couple bullets in the car. Scary at the moment but funny till this day.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
We did the fire extinguisher thing too.
My buddy had a Chevy Luv truck and the windshield washer fluid pump was extra strong, so we bent the tubes outward, and would use that instead of the fire extinguisher. Oh, and of course, we filled the reservoir with urine instead of water.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We did the fire extinguisher thing too.
My buddy had a Chevy Luv truck and the windshield washer fluid pump was extra strong, so we bent the tubes outward, and would use that instead of the fire extinguisher. Oh, and of course, we filled the reservoir with urine instead of water.
We did the same with the windshield washer tank and pump but put cheap wine in it. Would spray kids on their way home from school so they would have a lot of explaining to do. Used to do donuts in front of drivers ed students.

jesco

Reaction score
Went to YL Country Club driving range and filled up 5 or 6 buckets of golf balls.... tossed them all in the bed of my buddies truck. Driving up Faimont with 5 or 6 cars a little ways behind us my buddies brother decides to pop the tailgate open..... HUNDREDS of golf balls came bouncing down the hill at the cars. Always wondered what kind of damage was done and how you explain that to your ins agent.

Use to take all the Xmas trees laying out on trash night and build a massive wall out them and block the entrance to our neighborhood.... or pumpkins at Halloween

When I was 12 or 13 we use to take a roller skate and cut out a cardboard figure of a cat, hide in the bushes and roll it across the street in front of cars... some would hit the brakes HARD, some wouldn't care and just hit the "cat" and some would swerve up on the curb and bash up their wheels/hub cap... Another was string fishing line across La Palma 2 feet or so off the ground with 3 or 4 cans tied on each end. Car snags it at 50mph and starts dragging it and they would pull over thinking something is wrong with their car. We called that one "Just got Married" hahahaha.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
In auto shop in high school, we learned that if you retarded the distributor, it would make your car have the backfire of a 44 Magnum. We would drive next to unsuspecting drivers and let off the gas, then POW. Again, we thought this was hilarious, but after a few cars went into full road rage on us, we stopped. ( before we got an ass kickin)

It’s funny…….. what I thought was funny, wasn’t so funny, once some crazy guy was breaking every traffic law trying to catch us.

ahavasu

Reaction score
Grew up in a trailer park. We were bored one night and switched about 10 cars license plates with one another. Still trying to figure out how they discovered so quick but the next morning there were 3 cops in the park taking reports and trying to figure out which plate goes where.

Boat211

Reaction score
When in high school we used to have water balloon fights in cars. All fun and games until a windshield gets busted.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I had a crush on a girl in 7th grade. There was a rumor going around that she wore thong panties. One of my buddies dared my to pants her during gym class. I did. At the time I thought it was funny, but now that I’m older I realize how lucky I am that her older brother or her dad didn’t beat the shit out of me. I got suspended for 2 weeks but an ass beating was probably pretty well deserved.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
A friend and I used to put rocks in people's cars hub caps. Or hide behind bushes and drag a stuffed animal across the street with fishing line.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
One of many. Used to play over the line at the school. Well I crushed a homer and broke a school window. It was our only ball so it was decided I needed to break another window that opened so I could get in and get the ball. Well brilliant me decided to throw it another window for fun. And of course a friend threw back in the classroom through another window. I think we were 10-12 windows by time we stopped. Needless to say we did get caught. Parents obviously pissed. Pretty sure that was a belt night along with being grounded. And having to work off the bill. Oh but it was fun while it lasted. lol

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I had a crush on a girl in 7th grade. There was a rumor going around that she wore thong panties. One of my buddies dared my to pants her during gym class. I did. At the time I thought it was funny, but now that I’m older I realize how lucky I am that her older brother or her dad didn’t beat the shit out of me. I got suspended for 2 weeks but an ass beating was probably pretty well deserved.
Did she have one ?

OkHallett270

Reaction score
My buddy lived across the street from the school in my hometown and his house was like a meeting spot for all the delinquents. He had a couple older brothers who were also teenaged assholes so it was usually a good time over there. His parents were never home on weekends and when they got home they were plastered and passed out. We would take his parents car to town to get tacos at 14 and 15 years old. We used to run packing tape across the intersection from the stop sign post to the crossing sign post on the other side and watch peoples reactions from the living room window. Some people would just hit the tape and slam on the brakes. Some people would see the tape and get out to cut it down and be pissed off about it! Hilarious! One night we TP’ed stole the mailbox and put a bag of shit on the front porch of a female classmate of ours. Well the cops came and we were on a dead end street. Her dad was absolutely irate pissed off, but she talked him down and he didn’t press any charges as long as we cleaned everything up right then. The cops stuck around and watched us do it. We cleaned everything but the mailbox. My best friend had already been in trouble on the federal level for tampering with mailboxes so he didn’t put it back to avoid drawing attention to it. We were able to get the hell outta there and go back to the house by the school. I crashed on the couch and woke up to a police flashlight in my face a couple hours later, they came up in his house without even knocking and started waking us all up asking about the mailbox. Overall they were cool about it though, we went back up and put it back and we were off the hook minus the curfew tickets. I thought I kept it secret from my old man, but low and behold about two weeks later a copy of it came in the mail. I was in deep shit with dad for a while after that.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
We just did the water balloons at cars thing. Was funny until someone came to a screeching halt and came after us with their car. We all split and decided to look for other hobbies. Wasn’t even big water balloons, or even frozen water balloons. I guess some people don’t like water balloons.

There was also an incident with some mailboxes which I won’t detail here. That didn’t last long.

My pyro brother accidentally let it get away from him once and turned a palm tree into a Roman candle. I was pretty sure it could be seen for miles. Fire dept not amused. The best part was our dad was out of town at the time. He came home and it took him a few days to notice the charred remains. I had nothing to do with it and pleaded the fifth.

DaveH

Reaction score
grew up in Anaheim Hills, the golf course was our own personal BMX track. we never really did any damage and stayed off the greens, but lots of fun bombing down the fairways, airing it out in the sand traps and so forth. chased out of there too many times to count, but we knew the area too well, every short cut etc etc and was never caught by the rangers or the cops. the fairways were also excellent for ice blocking at night.

used to take empty beer cans and tie them in bundles and put them on each side of canyon rim, with 100lb fishing line between them. would watch the cars barrel up the hill, snag the line and all the cans would come flying out and dragged away. again, good hideouts, initiate local knowledge of how to get away, never got caught, and had the popo looking for us more then once.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Wasn’t a teenager but in my early 20’s I was on a month long partying trip in needles. Drinking daily. Just after the 4th (maybe 6th of 7th of July) we were cruising the neighborhood in needles and about midnight we run into this older guy who was drinking tequila we did as well. A convo struck up about waterskiing. He said I have a waterskii boat and we can go now. It was a full moon. Went to the dock and took off. I asked the old guy for a life jackets, he didn’t have any. I said eff it jumped in without a life jacked drunk as hell with a guy I met half hour ago and waterskied in needles. Did about 8 cuts and called it quits. Let go of the rope and they just kept going. I used the ski as a floaty for about 15 min until they came back.

Looking back on it. That was dumb

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Used to get a bunch of us together and cut up duct tape the width of a busy street.

Once we cut dozens of strips to length and used a few large rolls of tape we would lay each strip along the sidewalks with the sticky side up.

We would then wait for a break in traffic and once clear we would lay out all the strips of duct tape, sticky side up, on the street across all lanes. Looked liked a football length and for every hash mark on a football field was duct tape going from one curb to the opposite curb on the street.

There were dozens of strips.

The next car to come along would run the strips of duct tape over and would fold up and turn the car into something that looked like it was wrapped like a Christmas present 😂

The fun part was listening to the people get out of the car and start peeling off the tape because the windshield was completely covered. It was the prank that kept on giving if you had a good hiding spot lol

ahavasu

Reaction score
Christmas time in the trailer park was fun. At the time, everyone had large bulb-type lights strung up on their trailers. During our nightly shenanigans, we would steal 15 or 20 bulbs and then throw them as far as we could across the park. Well, as you can imagine, trailer awnings made out of aluminum versus large Christmas bulbs make a very loud distinct pop and rattle as they break and roll down the awnings.

We would run and hide in the bushes nearby to watch a bunch of pissed-off people come out and look around. Then they would go in and we would do it again. It was all fun and games until the cops came and brought that stupid helicopter (lol). To this day, I have no idea how I evaded capture. I know the cop checking the bushes from the street with his spotlight had to have seen me. Perhaps he mistook me for a critter, but thank God I got away cuz my mom would have beat my ass. Evading capture, we of course waited 2-3 days before doing it again. I was a little shit lol.

Baja 252

Reaction score
We would collect old condensers in auto shop when a car got a tuneup. We then charged them up and tossed them to an unsuspecting student who reflexively caught them and got a good shock.

DaveH

Reaction score
We would collect old condensers in auto shop when a car got a tuneup. We then charged them up and tossed them to an unsuspecting student who reflexively caught them and got a good shock.
come to think of it we would take the used oil from auto shop and dump it at the school parking lot exit onto imperial highway. talk about mayhem.......the best was when the police had to start showing up and end of the school day trying to catch who was doing it. well a buddy had an old bug with rotted out floors, the oil was poured right through the floor pan.....never caught and you should have seen how pissed the cops were.

81Sprint

Reaction score
One of many lol-

Was in my families rural hometown in Texas one saturday night, had just got my Mustang 5.0. The town was setup as most older ones in Texas, Courthouse in the middle of a big town square with buildings and businesses surrounding it. Have my buddy in the passenger seat and we were sitting at one corner at a red light with some high school chicks checking us out. I dropped the hammer and did a 3 gear burnout past the square. Little did I know the sheriff was right behind me.....that one was expensive.

Sharky

Reaction score
What's the statute of limitations?

If I pulled half the shit I did back then this day and age, I'd be in jail.

Ever flush a lit blasting cap down the toilet in the third floor restroom in high school? 😏

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
If I pulled half the shit I did back then this day and age, I'd be in jail.
That’s what I learned about my fathers antics when he was a kid, and after listening to all the stories he told and his his friends told me.

He basically said I couldn’t do any of what he did at my age because it was all much more illegal and cops, courts and judges were all way less forgiving.

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
IMG_0062.jpeg

Croz

Reaction score
Throw wet toilet paper at cars, it wouldn’t damage the vehicle but you would still get the satisfaction of striking a moving target with a splat and stick object. 10-20 squares, dunk it, ball it, chuck it.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
I wouldn't say these are funny now. But we used to do drive-by's w/paint ball guns on people riding bikes or walking in our neighborhood. Also used to egg passing cars. That all ended for me when my friends and I got chased down and I was unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) hit w/baseball bat.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I wouldn't say these are funny now. But we used to do drive-by's w/paint ball guns on people riding bikes or walking in our neighborhood. Also used to egg passing cars. That all ended for me when my friends and I got chased down and I was unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) hit w/baseball bat.

Something you can do now,, when you pass a tweaker on a bike slow down and yell "Hey! That's my bike!"

attitude

Reaction score
Get duct tape and lay it sticky side up across the street, cars would run it over and it would sound like they have a flat tire. That was always good for a laugh, especially if they would pull over quick enough for us to hear them pissed off.

We would also get a big box, put stuffed animals in it and write free kittens or free puppy’s and place it in the middle of the street. It’s amazing how long people would freak out before they checked to see if the animals were real.

A buddy have mine had roosters and he would place them in other friends backyards at night, that was always hilarious come sunrise lol.

Last edited:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
1980ish. Me and a buddy were drunkish one night in our HS parking lot. Thought it would be cool to break in a take things. Back then no cams, no alarms every door you could basically yank and they would open.
Ended up in the locker room area. Grabbed a few senior football team jerseys (don’t ask, no idea why).
Either my buddy’s GF took one or he gave her one. Anyway dip shit GF wore it to school and HS football coach saw her wearing it and knew it wasn’t hers. 😳

No recollection of the out come but at least she wasn’t my GF. 😁

hallett21

Reaction score
I will say this. Whenever I hear or read stories of kids being idiots or doing fucked up things, im the last one to throw a stone lol.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Someone hit us with an egg once, I suspect they had some sort of launcher as it left a dent in the side door of my mom's car. Me and my buddies went back to the house that we figured it came out of the backyard from and tossed a cinder block through their plate glass window. Then did it again 2 more times. Sure glad cameras weren't a thing back then. Years later, I began to wonder if it hadn't come from the school behind their house and we had broken out the window of some random stranger on 3 occasions.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Grew up in a trailer park. We were bored one night and switched about 10 cars license plates with one another. Still trying to figure out how they discovered so quick but the next morning there were 3 cops in the park taking reports and trying to figure out which plate goes where.
That’s a good one