Samsung Galaxy Smart tag2 review.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
it's junk, it's cheap but it's junk

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
it has a range of 130 M but the mapping detail will not show movement unless you move at least 300 meters.....so if you have it attached to your keys somewhere in the house it will not "zoom in" and show you where in the house...it shows the location of my tagg at a non existent address

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
it has a range of 130 M but the mapping detail will not show movement unless you move at least 300 meters.....so if you have it attached to your keys somewhere in the house it will not "zoom in" and show you where in the house...it shows the location of my tagg at a non existent address

So you DO live in the middle of nowhere! 😁

JDKRXW

Reaction score
...so if you have it attached to your keys somewhere in the house it will not "zoom in"
It won't zoom in on the phone's map, but
If you've got the UWB setting on your phone turned on - it will guide you to within an inch of the tag.
I've got 4 on different keys/bags etc as well as airtags on some of these same things (for my wife's iphone). The Smart tags work way better --- Better range and you can ring your phone with the tag (which you can't with the Airtag).
J.M.O.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
It won't zoom in on the phone's map, but
If you've got the UWB setting on your phone turned on - it will guide you to within an inch of the tag.
I've got 4 on different keys/bags etc as well as airtags on some of these same things (for my wife's iphone). The Smart tags work way better --- Better range and you can ring your phone with the tag (which you can't with the Airtag).
J.M.O.
The tag is in my house and I walked out to my shop(about 100ft away. Opened the app and the map show the tag and my phone in the shop with me. Is it time to un install the app and reinstall?

JDKRXW

Reaction score
If the tag looses connection with your phone, your phone will show its last known location (your house) .... until another Samsung phone pings the tag, which will update the tags location on your phone.
I'd try an Uninstall like you said.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have the newest IPhone, has to be full reset daily.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Deleted the app and started over...still does not show the tag as "moving" or in a different place.
Sending it back