WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kentucky Derby!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
aoc-3975091836.jpg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
How many horses are the gonna have to shoot?

At least I don’t have to shoot my boat motor when it lays down.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Bucket list for me to do with my aunt and my daughters one day.

Baffert and those like him have screwed the reputation of horse racing. I'd like to hope that morals and ethics will prevail, but not likely.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
At least race horses tend to have some cool names thrown in there. There will always be those that expected their ponies to be winners, so they have the names to match bloodlines. Then you have the outsiders who never expected this type of thing...names like "Glue Stick", "Sir Trots Alot" and "Stud Muffin".

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but the singing of Old Kentucky Home gets me every time. Looking forward to the race.

I posted this one cause last years derby video showed everyone holding their stupid phones,,,,,,, Put the crack down and live your life people!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Man. I have to get back to Santa Anita and do the morning work out tour and then feel that power from the ground up when their racing.
Some beautiful/ strong horses for sure.

It’s like watching top fuel on tv. If you’ve never been you just can’t grasp the power.

Blue Oval

Reaction score
Bummer, Saratoga was doing good but ran out of gas.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
If the damn 2 or 11 crosses the line 1st, I would've hit a massive payday. I had all horses who finished 2nd through 9th in all my bets. Didn't think the 3 had a chance unless the track was muddy.

On to the Preakness now.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
If the damn 2 or 11 crosses the line 1st, I would've hit a massive payday. I had all horses who finished 2nd through 9th in all my bets. Didn't think the 3 had a chance unless the track was muddy.

On to the Preakness now.
I'm no expert but thinking Sierra Leone will be the Preakness favorite or maybe Forever Young as well.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
I'm no expert but thinking Sierra Leone will be the Preakness favorite or maybe Forever Young as well.
Neither one will be running in the Preakness. FY is heading back to Japan and SL will be resting until Belmont.

Oaks winner Thorra Anna will probably run in it. Could be a favorite, but there will be some horses that have had more rest running in the Preakness.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Absolutely. He would've romped had he not lost all that ground going 4-5 wide in the turn. I'd have a different jockey on him if I were training him..

Besides being caught in traffic he was rubbing the other horse the whole stretch and shoved another before that. Weather it was the horse or the rocky they wasted a lot of energy rubbing rather than racing. I believe SL was the fastest horse, but that doesn't always land you in the winners circle. I'd be watching him in Belmont.

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Neither one will be running in the Preakness. FY is heading back to Japan and SL will be resting until Belmont.

Oaks winner Thorra Anna will probably run in it. Could be a favorite, but there will be some horses that have had more rest running in the Preakness.
Well there you go, I don't know squat.😂 but thanks for the info.