WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Are You In Your Final Home???

BabyRay

Reaction score
Yes. I’m really not interested in going through the moving process again. The only thing that will lead to a move will be if one of us passes on, because this house would be too big to rattle around in alone. Neither of us has any reason to expect that to happen any time soon though. 😱

Hypnautic

Reaction score
This checks allot of my boxes
Walking away from my career has me holding back.

We seem to be on the same thought process. My wife sent me this yesterday. Only problem. To close to the road and I can see neighbors. Maybe if it had 20-30 more wooded acres around it.
https://www.zillow.com/homes/750-Leadvale-Church-Rd-White-Pine,-TN-37890_rb/70527415_zpid/

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I hate our house. We put a mobile on this property in 1990 that was going to be a getaway vacation place.not a permanent home. The property is GREAT. Fantastic view, borders a ranch, hunting and atv access right out the door and driveway but I hate the house. If I knew we going to live here the house would have been completely different. Bought the property (empty land) in 1988 for $12,000 1.25 acres and two more 1.25 acre adjoining lots for $12,000 each soon afterwards............sold those two (big mistake). If this house were to burn down I would not shed a tear, I'd rebuild what I want, if the insurance will pay for it. But I doubt that will happen and I'll be here forever.
Screenshot 2024-05-06 112111.png

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I hate our house. We put a mobile on this property in 1990 that was going to be a getaway vacation place.not a permanent home. The property is GREAT. Fantastic view, borders a ranch, hunting and atv access right out the door and driveway but I hate the house. If I knew we going to live here the house would have been completely different. Bought the property (empty land) in 1988 for $12,000 1.25 acres and two more 1.25 acre adjoining lots for $12,000 each soon afterwards............sold those two (big mistake). If this house were to burn down I would not shed a tear, I'd rebuild what I want, if the insurance will pay for it. But I doubt that will happen and I'll be here forever.

My friend Completely redid his mobile (at the river). Tore out walls, new kitchen, new flooring, new Everything.

It now looks like a million bucks!!! 💯

I'm not in my final house or location. Still looking. 🕵

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
My friend Completely redid his mobile (at the river). Tore out walls, new kitchen, new flooring, new Everything.

If I had the $$$$$ I'd do it. My son just bought a place at Sams Beachcomber that a mobil done like that.

Sharky

Reaction score
Yes.

Wife bought the house in 1986 while we where dating. Been there since.

Now, its time for 2nd major remodel. We start on the kitchen the first week of July.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If I had the $$$$$ I'd do it. My son just bought a place at Sams Beachcomber that a mobil done like that.

Him and I did Most of it ourselves. He paid for the new roof (we are both too old for that shit), and paid to have the flooring and countertops installed.

Took almost three years I think? I hope to Never have to crawl under that house again! 🤣

CLdrinker

Reaction score
We seem to be on the same thought process. My wife sent me this yesterday. Only problem. To close to the road and I can see neighbors. Maybe if it had 20-30 more wooded acres around it.
https://www.zillow.com/homes/750-Leadvale-Church-Rd-White-Pine,-TN-37890_rb/70527415_zpid/
We want to be reasonable close to a somewhat large city. Bigger the lot the further you are.

I’m ok with seeing neighbors long as I can’t hear them drop their morning duece I’m ok.
I have 1/4 acre now so 6 is plenty.

Just looked at your link. Clearly we are on different budgets. If I could keep my job I would be looking at 600k places. But taking massive pay cut and moving to a location where I have zero professional connections I want to pay cash or close to it. Just incase of future job issues.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Nope!

Have a trip to LOTO in July to maybe see if that’s where it will be in 10-15 years. I can’t wait to find that final house and fuck off to it!
It closes up after labor day. The is snows in the winter

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Nope. I'm going to cash out and downsize in 5-10 years

Reactions: DWC

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Nope. Building now in Prescott, 36 acres in the Williamson Valley area. The new house should be done by the end of the year. We will sell our California ranch and relocate to Prescott full time after that. Keeping the Havasu house and bouncing between Prescott and the river as we feel like it.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

The nice thing about a mobile/modular is that there is no load bearing walls. You can blow thru walls and completely reconfigure to your liking.

I’m doing this now on my Parker pad.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Pretty much. 1.25 acre in Bakersfield. The other California. Dirt road, surrounded bye orchards. Lake house in Havasu, when the boy graduates and decides where he wants to go, probably sell here and retire in Havasu. Maybe sell both and build little bigger in Havasu.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Nope. Arrowhead is only getting worse (home owners insurance issues, skyrocketing ALA costs and fees), very small selection of not very good restaurants and the whole STR takeover, not to mention its so claustrophobic up here with narrow winding streets.

My dad loves coming up here so I’m waiting for him to pass before I bail (if I can afford to continue to be up here which is already a challenge).

I can save so much money getting off this hill it’s ridiculous. Not to mention my sanity.

However I do like the four seasons which is hard to find. Also getting out of CA is a must.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Nope but searching for it now.

My last home in Cave Creek I thought was the last. I told my wife when we got it and had it completely renovated that we would die here. She was like WTF....why can't you say "We will be here for the rest of our lives" haha

Not long after that the marriage went to shit......I didn't want to stay in there by myself for sure. Too big for one person but damn it was absolutely gorgeous. Plus I always wanted to hit the road so here I am....still on the road but ready to get back in a house and hopefully thats Texas.

We shall see

dread Pirate

Reaction score

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

jailbird141

Reaction score
Nope. Still in this prison called California. Forever home will definitely be in another state! Couple more years.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Once my wife retires, we will probably move to Europe for 6 months of every year. We have also discussed buying a vacation home in Aruba, Curacao, or St Maarten.

FWIW……… Some are predicting that the next housing collapse will be the “Florida Condominium Market”. We have discussed options on what we will do if this happens. Most likely we would move out of Florida.

Our condo buildings insurance was 225k 2 years ago. Last year is went up to 485k. This year, it is just under 600k. Our friends just got a special assessment bill for 93k, for their older condo. Ouch

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

wayniac

Reaction score
We are working on this one right now. Hopefully Prescott treats us great as well, but we are extremely happy so far. Just got our AZ license last week. Will be fulltime as soon as we can figure out the remodel.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Wife hasn’t told me yet. I imagine we are staying put. She is surrounded by 8 grandkids and 1 more in the oven. Just bought a Havasu house but she would never move away from her Grandkids. I may have to come visit her once in a while

Aces & Eights

Reaction score
We relocated to Prescott in 2018 when we bought our new house. I can honestly say this is my final house, I can’t imagine living anywhere else. Great weather and people here. 😎
Yep, we bought our last home 9 years ago. It checks all of the boxes as mama and I grow older. Single story smaller home, 1672 sq foot, 3 bed 2.5 bath, it’s easy to clean and maintain. We live in a great area, neighbors are all wonderful and the neighborhood is so clean and safe. We have all of the amenities we want close by, ie. hospital, malls, restaurants, golf courses, parks, etc. LA is 30 minutes away if we want to go to concerts, Dodger games or get some exotic cuisine. Weather is great of course, and I mostly ignore the Cali bullshit. I just retired so I’m golfing a lot and spending time with friends and family who are all close by. I can cash out and buy a big house on a big property out of state but for me that would be a big mistake. I’ll hang here til they put me in the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_2016.jpeg
    IMG_2016.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 102

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
my current house wasn’t supposed to be our forever home but we will most likely keep it and either have it as a second home or have one of the kids live in it or rent it out. we bought it cheap enough and it has a great interest rate on it.

we will get the hell out of ca as far as residency goes for sure and end up in one of the other ted states in the southwest.

traquer

Reaction score
No way. 2 car garage is 1.5 cars bullshit. And so is no RV parking lol. Otherwise I love the current pad for the meantime

traquer

Reaction score
Once my wife retires, we will probably move to Europe for 6 months of every year. We have also discussed buying a vacation home in Aruba, Curacao, or St Maarten.

FWIW……… Some are predicting that the next housing collapse will be the “Florida Condominium Market”. We have discussed options on what we will do if this happens. Most likely we would move out of Florida.

Our condo buildings insurance was 225k 2 years ago. Last year is went up to 485k. This year, it is just under 600k. Our friends just got a special assessment bill for 93k, for their older condo. Ouch
Good call on Europe! I'm not retired but I'm doing several months there each year because I can work from the laptop. I think this summer I will skip the trip and go for the winter instead. Gotta try snowboarding in the alps with my Ikon pass, and see what Apres ski really means lol

BTW that's the insurance cost per building, how many ways is that split? I'm paying over $1k a year in Texas on a SFR where the worst that can happen is hail. I'd imagine a hurricane zone would make it like $3-5k a year for the same house over there?

Singleton

Reaction score
No.
I am in the current house until the youngest is out of HS (2030).
Then we will downsize and maybe get a condo in the Carlsbad village for the summer (grandkids like the beach is what I am told) and something else out of CA.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm in my final home and I'm only 46yo. I just HATE moving. Last kid is a Freshman next year so we'll see what happens when he leaves the nest.

I'm at 25% LTV so I'd like to get it paid off and stay forever. If anything I'd like to add a second home near where my kids land but that's way different than moving. It would me a modest getaway to stay near family.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Good call on Europe! I'm not retired but I'm doing several months there each year because I can work from the laptop. I think this summer I will skip the trip and go for the winter instead. Gotta try snowboarding in the alps with my Ikon pass, and see what Apres ski really means lol

BTW that's the insurance cost per building, how many ways is that split? I'm paying over $1k a year in Texas on a SFR where the worst that can happen is hail. I'd imagine a hurricane zone would make it like $3-5k a year for the same house over there?
We have 120 units. At 600k, that’s 5k per unit.

5 years ago, it was only $1500 per unit, per year.

Heck, even my golf cart insurance is 2k per year. Our 2 cars are $2500 each. Our boat insurance is actually a reasonable $1800 per year. (It would be much higher if I was not a licensed boat captain)

To sum up my posts (lol), my wife and I pay approx 14k per year to insure our condo, 2 cars, golf cart, and boat. At the rate it is going up, I can easily see it being 30k per year, by 2030. This number does not include medical insurance.

traquer

Reaction score

Heck, even my golf cart insurance is 2k per year. Our 2 cars are $2500 each. Our boat insurance is actually a reasonable $1800 per year. (It would be much higher if I was not a licensed boat captain)

To sum up my posts (lol), my wife and I pay approx 14k per year to insure our condo, 2 cars, golf cart, and boat. At the rate it is going up, I can easily see it being 30k per year, by 2030. This number does not include medical insurance.
Wow. For your cost of insurance you can most likely cover your living expenses in Europe lol. Moving there permanently has crossed my mind a few times. Get a boat and sail out of Split any time I want. Worst case move back after a few years if it doesn't pan out.

17 10 Flat

Reaction score
Started out renting in 1970, bought used house 1971, built house in 1978, upsized built another in 1987, downsized built another in 2001, remolded a lake house 2009, sold that moved to (built this one in 2004 was a snow bird) Florida full time done. Next move is to the cemetery.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Damn..... My father doesn't pay much more than that for his house in Cape Coral on a canal.. Crazy for what they charge for condos...

Last edited:

JDKRXW

Reaction score

Dude; you've got to totally love where you're living to be paying that kind of cake for insurance ... and there's nothing wrong if you do.
But that's a LOT of 💰