Reaction score
Who rules the roost in your house/home
I think its a 70/30 here, my wife is one awesome woman.THINK about this
will your S/O come to your recue If you got in a bind?😎

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
It depends on the situation here...each of us has our strengths, but both are extremely stubborn. Common goals, so each knows when to stand aside and let the other do their thing. 24 years married, 30 together...but it's only been the past 12 or so that we got it figured out and tuned up.

Wasn't always easy, neither wanted to give up the reigns...but it was worth the wait and the work.

cofooter

Reaction score
My SO does most household chores and looks after me more than I do myself, haha. We are very agreeable when it comes to running the roost, never really a concern. We have our own finances so never an argument about money or spending. The best part is when we plan on doing something really fun and adventurous, where we may have to stay in a tent, or a rustic cabin with no hair dryer, or a long dirt road with no creature comforts for a few days, and I warn her about it and her response is, "Do we really care!" She's a keeper.....

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I know, she knows.
I do things in order, ya know, step 1, 2, 3.
She does it step 2, 5, 8, then I come to the rescue with 1, 2, 3, etc.😄😄......yet her claim is that her way is faster.🤣
Wouldn't change a thing.....no really, I wouldn't 😉😁😂 She's my special person of almost 38yrs.

2Driver

Reaction score
eXWGOq5.jpeg

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
It depends on the situation here...each of us has our strengths, but both are extremely stubborn. Common goals, so each knows when to stand aside and let the other do their thing. 24 years married, 30 together...but it's only been the past 12 or so that we got it figured out and tuned up.

Wasn't always easy, neither wanted to give up the reigns...but it was worth the wait and the work.
We been together over 45 years, she is one tuff Navajo girl. She grew up on the Rez in a one room hogan, no electric or running water and an out house. In the beginning, we would have knock down fights, blackened eyes and all. She can hold her own and takes no shit, especially from guys. She is my life line.😎

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Wife and were a great decide and conquer team. I’d do the heavy lifting and she’d be along side cleaning up and doing the day to day family things.

Sadly today it is a bit different with the challenges of the last 5 years. She 70% of what she used to but mess a bit of help along the way. Like @Ziggy I wouldn’t change a thing. Just need to get to the work finish line and ride off into the sunset hand in hand.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
I’m the Boss around my house, at least for the next couple of days, Wife’s in Seattle!
You don’t stay married 53+ years without a great relationship.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
It’s pretty close to 50/50 here. But I will say she has way way more responsibilities than I do.
Full time job, home schools only 2 kids now ages 10 & 7 keeps their gymnastics and jui jitsu straight, deals with our 14yr old daughter and her HS schedule, pays the bills, cooks and grocery shops.

I keep the exterior house in order, maintain vehicles and jump whenever she says jump.

I would be lost without her.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
I’m the Boss in my house m, at least for the next couple of days, Wife is in Seattle.
But you don’t stay married 53+ years without a great relationship.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Wife and were a great decide and conquer team. I’d do the heavy lifting and she’d be along side cleaning up and doing the day to day family things.

Sadly today it is a bit different with the challenges of the last 5 years. She 70% of what she used to but mess a bit of help along the way. Like @Ziggy I wouldn’t change a thing. Just need to get to the work finish line and ride off into the sunset hand in hand.
Took me a long time to figure out, it isn't a sprint, and not a treasure hunt. "All that glitters isn't gold". Deaths of parents, birth of kids...thick and thin of things. Wouldn't trade it out, because neither her or I would be who we are.

"Sit tall in the saddle,
Keep your head up high.
Keep your eyes fixed
Where the trail meets the sky.

Live like you ain't afraid to die.
And don't be scared,
Just enjoy your ride"

Chris LeDoux, "The Ride"

17 10 Flat

Reaction score
Depends on situation, as far a vehicles I pick the drivetrain, 2WD or 4WD, Engine, after that she can picks colors and other stuff. Vacations we seem to agree on where to go and what to do. Places to eat we take turns. Friends kinda common goal = MAGA works best. Except family I have one member that thinks Pelosi is too conservative 😎
Sometimes she helps me drive .. 😂😂

Backlash

Reaction score
Mine is the boss and that's perfectly fine with me! She calls majority of the shots and makes majority of our families decisions. I do this for a reason. If/when something goes south or doesn't work out the way she planned, it's NEVER my fault! 🤣👍

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I’m just an inmate with benefits. I have a few spots in the garage, couple drawers for clothes and some corner space in the closet. I haven’t done any laundry or managed a personal bank account in a long time. Dang dogs don’t even answer to me.

This situation is perfect, I keep my mouth shut.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Mine is the boss and that's perfectly fine with me! She calls majority of the shots and makes majority of our families decisions. I do this for a reason. If/when something goes south or doesn't work out the way she planned, it's NEVER my fault! 🤣👍
Basically the opposite for us. She doesn’t want to make decisions. She sort of trusts my decisions.
I carry cash and make sure bills are paid even though she made a whole lot more than me while we were working. We both buy what we want when we want it.
I cook dinner. Wash the dishes.
She does laundry. New sheets on the bed every week. 😁

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I’m just an inmate with benefits. I have a few spots in the garage, couple drawers for clothes and some corner space in the closet. I haven’t done any laundry or managed a personal bank account in a long time. Dang dogs don’t even answer to me.

This situation is perfect, I keep my mouth shut.

Exactly the same for me.... I often wonder if anyone would notice if I went missing 😂

MOUZER

Reaction score
my wife rules the roost when it comes to money stuff and anything on the house inside and out and what car she drives.......

me i say what truck i drive how many boats i have and garage is all mine............lol

35 yrs married and 40 yrs together...2 kids.........she is still hot at 61
DSCN2830.JPG

Last edited:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Married 35 years next month. She can still fit into her wedding dress. I don't care about the small things around the house. She can pick all that stuff. Why argue over things that really have no major effect on me. The color of the couch? Please go ahead, but not floral.

I think we have had two fights in all those years. Plus the time about the spaghetti squash dinner that didn't go well. 🤪 LOL

Major stuff, we discuss..... then do it how I want. ;) I've come home with four different boats and a classic convertible without telling her. She just rolls her eyes at me.

JL95

Reaction score
My wife scares the shit out of me when she's mad lmao. I do probably more than most around the house but she works too so it is what it is. Ideally i'd have a housekeeper and a nanny haha. Just need to bring in more dollars.

I have been slowly creeping away from having any ideas of my own. I told myself i'd never be a yes man etc. Now I get it.

C-2

Reaction score
33 years here and I steer the ship, but she helps with navigation. The reality is, she doesn't want to be tasked with hardcore decisions, so I bear the responsibility, good and bad, for those decisions.

Interestingly, we have different political and ideological beliefs. Just yesterday she was telling me she will be voting for Kamala, and she thinks Hillary is awesome.

I said "Killary", and she said show me proof. I told her the RDP team says so, and she told me I'm a dumbass. Whatever lol 😂

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
One has to be a sail and the other has to be a rudder. It’s when one ends up being both then the ship gets off course lol

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
21 years together, 18 of those married. We make an excellent team and that is the most important thing. However, as the quote goes, "the man may be the head of the family, but the woman is the neck and can turn the head whichever way she pleases" 😁

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Never married . . . so I can't speak to the original question.

However, I can say that I don't think a single one of my married buddies even 'OWNS' a pair of pants. !

😆 😄 🤣

jet496

Reaction score
Major stuff, we discuss..... then do it how I want. ;) I've come home with four different boats and a classic convertible without telling her. She just rolls her eyes at me.

My Father-in-Law had a talk with me on my wedding day & one thing he said, and my wife hated it when I tell this to people (she passed away this year after 34 years together), he said to just say yes dear & then do what you wanted to do. That advise went a long way LOL. Just sayin".

samsah33

Reaction score
Been with mine 24 years and married for 20 of those... She's always come to my rescue if and when needed, and I would do the same for her, it's just that I've needed it more than she has... But I would, and that's the important thing, right? Division of labor is pretty much traditional, I bring home the bacon, work on cars and boats and the major house/yard/electronics, she does the routine meal cooking (I'm the chef tho for big dinners) and cleaning and household and kids and school. Works for us.

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
My Father-in-Law had a talk with me on my wedding day & one thing he said, and my wife hated it when I tell this to people (she passed away this year after 34 years together), he said to just say yes dear & then do what you wanted to do. That advise went a long way LOL. Just sayin".
Yes dear will get me a swift kick to the Ass!😎

onthehook

Reaction score
I set the rules back in 77 when we got hitched...Different times for sure...Early on there were some 'discussions' on just who was boss...I grabbed a pair of my pants and threw them to her and told her to put them on...She said she couldn't fit in my pants...Told her, "That's right...I run the house"....She then threw me a pair of her pants...Told her I could never get in them...She said, "And if you keep talking that way, you never will"....She's been my anchor for 47 years now...

TeamGreene

Reaction score
When our kids were little I was running a framing company with multiple crews and I worked on one of them every day. This afforded my wife to stay home with the kids. Which was the best decision we ever made. We didn't want other people raising our kids especially at a young age.
She would get frustrated from time to time and I told her look you can't do what I do on the daily and I can't do what you do. We each have our roles and it's what we're best at and best for the family. There never was a split in any of the child rearing it was always a united front so the kids knew there wouldn't be any divide and conquer of mom and dad. Working together for the common goal was the theme and it seemed to work for us.