WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTF PARKER

guest hs

Reaction score
Anyone know who or what the deal is with the guy on the side of the road in that cut out river side of the highway Arizona side. There is a camper and a big hole dug up with what appeared to be a metal palm tree of some sort in the middle of it. I think it was just before the gas station that has the rooster in front of it????

outboardrick

Reaction score
Saw that this weekend, just below where they're taking the top off the mountain for home lots. Thought he may be squatting trying to get a lot :skull

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score
You talk'n about this little cove in the wall? :)

HouseHole%201_zpsozjeha62.jpg

Even a mail box and number!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Looks like he has a pretty good little settlement there.

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's someone on the construction crew that's work'n that hill or an owner! :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's someone on the construction crew that's work'n that hill or an owner! :)

That's what Inwas thinking originally, but it seems bizarre that they would do it like that??

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Pretty sure there was a corvette parked there on Saturday afternoon

riverroyal

Reaction score
just a bit of road noise and the chance you get killed by a drunk Canadian, other than that its not bad.:rolleyes

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
This guy works at Winnetou Storage just up the road from his little cut out. I don't know what the deal is, but he's been moving some of his crap to that spot

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
There's gotta be more to this story. I would guess he is trying to exploit some loophole....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Blue corvette just like the one that caught on fire in the other thread.. Saw it a little while ago when I was driving back from Parker.

2Driver

Reaction score
Should be nice when it hits 115+.
LOL If it makes sense then it's not Parker. The town is a retard magnet for the curious

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
The Vette that was there over the weekend was NOT the one in the crash down river last night.

My guess is that the small parcel was put up for sale/auction due to unpaid taxes. Or possibly was part of the plot of the bigger development going in, and a title search discovered an owner, of which the guy there now, was an heir to.

Don't know what he's doing with it. I'll try and get some answers.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
He probably got caught with a female spring breaker and his old lady caught him and threw his ass and all his crap out. Now he's got his swingin' bachelor pad - how can the chicks resist that?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The Vette that was there over the weekend was NOT the one in the crash down river last night.

My guess is that the small parcel was put up for sale/auction due to unpaid taxes. Or possibly was part of the plot of the bigger development going in, and a title search discovered an owner, of which the guy there now, was an heir to.

THX Boat Cop

500bbc

Reaction score

Maybe squeezing the developer if he has title the small parcel.

BajaT

Reaction score
Was advised by a neighbor who talked to him the other day that he recently bought the land, intends on building a home up top eventually! He bought it from Bush, who owns land a mile up below the yellow billboard sign on the right before the hill to Havasu Springs.

2Driver

Reaction score
Weird, but you have to admit he's keeping it pretty tidy.

On a different note what they did to the Mountain should be cause for hanging. :finger:finger:finger:finger:finger:finger

grumpy88

Reaction score
Weird, but you have to admit he's keeping it pretty tidy.

On a different note what they did to the Mountain should be cause for hanging. :finger:finger:finger:finger:finger:finger

Funny you say that . The guy setting up home on the side of the road gets plenty of attention but tearing down a mountain and dumping a bunch of it in the river is not talked about . Parker maybe closed but it obviously was for sale !

2Driver

Reaction score
Fn A

LOL they will get their day in court. Those lots will be so expensive by the time they finish no one will buy one. Besides it looks like a mine tailing

Highly limited river access, No cabanas, no private slips. Just a courtesy dock and ramp that will be high and dry 80% of the time. I bet Break even is $450k for a dirt lot. [emoji849]

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Saw that too .. Wondering wtf is that shit. Weird painted mushroom deal. To each his own I guess..

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
For everybody bitching about the development and shaving down the mountain.......

Do you think where you live, or stay or party just popped up out of the earth? Every park, bar, subdivision, community, etc. was bulldozed out of the mountains and backfilled into the valleys along the river. The owner of that property (notice I said the OWNER) is developing HIS property according to submitted plans and permits. So what if he's putting in docks, just like every other waterfront property on the River.

So he's bulldozing a mountain. Big fucking deal. It's his mountain. Just because you weren't around to see them bulldoze YOUR favorite spot doesn't make this guy doing it now, to his property, doesn't any more or less appalling.

milkmoney

Reaction score
For everybody bitching about the development and shaving down the mountain.......

Do you think where you live, or stay or party just popped up out of the earth? Every park, bar, subdivision, community, etc. was bulldozed out of the mountains and backfilled into the valleys along the river. The owner of that property (notice I said the OWNER) is developing HIS property according to submitted plans and permits. So what if he's putting in docks, just like every other waterfront property on the River.

So he's bulldozing a mountain. Big fucking deal. It's his mountain. Just because you weren't around to see them bulldoze YOUR favorite spot doesn't make this guy doing it now, to his property, doesn't any more or less appalling.

I think you need a beer [emoji481][emoji481]. Ok there is two [emoji41][emoji202]

BajaT

Reaction score

I have to agree, but, I know HOAs that have been denied adding a slip or moving docks further out by a foot or so by Bureau of Reclamation, meanwhile, this guy has pushed boulders into the river where this is now an "island". Know someone who has lost lower unit due to depth being altered in that area. The other bummer is, will he ever complete the project? After paying to widen 95, installing a sewer treatment plant, cost to get power (wont be cheap) lots wont sell unless he is looking for a loss for tax write off IMO. So yes, it does suck. Already plenty of unfinished projects up river that are now eye sores.

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
every morning I would see that guy with a rake and shovel digging away. If you look up a little higher he has a stone built up with a cross on it.

2Driver

Reaction score
There's a way to do it right and then there's the, rape the land way.

If you think taking a mountain with home sites already set in it and turning into a pile of pink mine tailings looks right, then you have been drinking Brooke water too long.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
every morning I would see that guy with a rake and shovel digging away. If you look up a little higher he has a stone built up with a cross on it.

He had the rake going in the morning when I passed by on my way to the boat show and still had it going on my way back. That rake should be worn to a nub by Friday lol

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
He had the rake going in the morning when I passed by on my way to the boat show and still had it going on my way back. That rake should be worn to a nub by Friday lol

He's been working at it for the past month

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
He's been working at it for the past month

I could retire on the commission if I was his rake salesman [emoji2]

That little cutout he's carved away is going to be brutal in the next few weeks when the heat begins to kick on. Zero opportunity for any breeze and blasted by the sun for the first 75% of the day. No idea what he's got going on but hope he survives it.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I have to agree, but, I know HOAs that have been denied adding a slip or moving docks further out by a foot or so by Bureau of Reclamation, meanwhile, this guy has pushed boulders into the river where this is now an "island". Know someone who has lost lower unit due to depth being altered in that area. The other bummer is, will he ever complete the project? After paying to widen 95, installing a sewer treatment plant, cost to get power (wont be cheap) lots wont sell unless he is looking for a loss for tax write off IMO. So yes, it does suck. Already plenty of unfinished projects up river that are now eye sores.

Sewer won't be that much of an issue. It'll all be gravity, and Buckskin Sanitary already has it in their plans. By the time it's ready for habitation, the sewer will be in. If someone lost an outdrive in barefoot alley, it wasn't due to this project, unless he was within 10 feet of the shoreline right above the sandbar. That shallow sand bar has only been there for at least 50 years or so.

I remember people saying the Keys was a folly, and NO ONE would ever buy a home that was on top of a dairy farm. Especially with septic installed right at the groundwater level. Then there was Miraleste Shores. The Shores used to be just another Lakeside-like tweeker trailer park. NO ONE would pay more than $5,000 for a lot in there. These places were someone's vision. And look at them now. Two of THE most desirable locations on the River.

And then Bob McCulloch saw this bridge for sale.......

JB in so cal

Reaction score
BC... Invester in hiding? :rolleyes

I somewhat agree. But the various govt entities that have conniption fits of varying levels about far less that seem silent is odd... Just sayin.:rolleyes

Sewer won't be that much of an issue. It'll all be gravity, and Buckskin Sanitary already has it in their plans. By the time it's ready for habitation, the sewer will be in. If someone lost an outdrive in barefoot alley, it wasn't due to this project, unless he was within 10 feet of the shoreline right above the sandbar. That shallow sand bar has only been there for at least 50 years or so.

I remember people saying the Keys was a folly, and NO ONE would ever buy a home that was on top of a dairy farm. Especially with septic installed right at the groundwater level. Then there was Miraleste Shores. The Shores used to be just another Lakeside-like tweeker trailer park. NO ONE would pay more than $5,000 for a lot in there. These places were someone's vision. And look at them now. Two of THE most desirable locations on the River.

BajaT

Reaction score
Per Buckskin Sanitary, he is not tying in, he is on his own way up there unless that has changed from a year ago. Also, the damaged lower unit was from an upriver property owner of 30+ years that was able to maneuver north of the sand bar along the shoreline, which now is questionable. Don't know if you have been up there recently, but significant dirt has been moved to build up from the shoreline. There is another section north of this that same activity is occurring. North of this is where the huge rock (mini island) is sticking out of the water as of a couple weeks ago. When there is still available lots in Miraleste Shores for under 200K as well as lots in Rio Lindo Shores, how is he going to sell these? Don't see the market, and vision a bulldozed mountain for years to come.

Attachments

• land.jpg
    land.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 27

Rivrat

Reaction score

You are claiming this site is not impeding on the existing waterway?

mbrown2

Reaction score
Was advised by a neighbor who talked to him the other day that he recently bought the land, intends on building a home up top eventually! He bought it from Bush, who owns land a mile up below the yellow billboard sign on the right before the hill to Havasu Springs.

You heard the same thing as me...

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures/map(s) showing where this is on the river? I stay during the spring/summer at Winnetou Shores and have not been up there yet this year...

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures/map(s) showing where this is on the river? I stay during the spring/summer at Winnetou Shores and have not been up there yet this year...

First picture shows the development area, in relation to Parker Dam. Second one show the area in more detail. Keep in mind that Google Earth pictures are out-dated and taken in 2015.

Attachments

• parker dam.jpg
    parker dam.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Parkre dam2.jpg
    Parkre dam2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 22

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Now can anyone explain to me how shoreline work in this area affects navigation or water depth/obstructions in the main traveled channel of the River?

And no. I do not have any interest or investment in the project, except in how it will expand the tax base in the County, where only around 5% of land is in private hands and taxable.

Attachments

• river1.jpg
    river1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 22

2Driver

Reaction score
Here are some data points on the area. I was in contact with several officials from La Paz, Buckskin and Army Corp and here are some take always the last time I gathered info.

1. The sewer will not be up there until mid 2020. According to Buckskin Sewer district this site will have to bring in a portable sewer system that is contained and filtered in large trailers, then pumped back into the river. That will be nice when it fails and will extremely expensive.

2. They will not have docks and cabanas but one small courtesy dock and ramp. LOL which is located in about 3' of water or 0' at low water.

3. Army Corp of Engineers told me the builder plans on requesting a permit to dredge the river bottom by the ramp. A.C.E. indicated it would take 3 major environmental impact studies costing significant money before they even got an answer and they would almost certainly be turned down.

4. Nothing can go in the river starting at high water mark. Above high water mark its La Paz county and they simply don't GAS what happens there as far as I am concerned.

5. According to La Paz County, ADOT will be making them foot the bill for highway 95 widening before any building permits would take place.

6. They have a grading permit and that is it with an unapproved lot plan for about 60 small lots where many are only big enough for a double wide.

Look, at the end of the day a town looks the way it does because of fundamental guidelines and a master plan. Homes could have been laid in there and still kept the mountain intact. But its easier for the town to say, who gives a shit we are getting tax revenue do what you want. So now we have what was a scenic part of the river that looks like someone set off an M80 in Oprah's ass.

Yeah fuck, this wasn't worth preserving.

before.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

You're joking.. You have to be? tax write off?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Now can anyone explain to me how shoreline work in this area affects navigation or water depth/obstructions in the main traveled channel of the River?

And no. I do not have any interest or investment in the project, except in how it will expand the tax base in the County, where only around 5% of land is in private hands and taxable.

The whole lower unit thing is bullshit.. If someone is claiming that they are looking for something to blame other than themselves.

I get why people are mad about the scenery, but just like last year with this same topic.. I'm a believer it's his land, it's his right.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
2Driver, #6 is incorrect. I'm going off memory here but my buddy originally owned this development. He had it planned for I think 60 decent sized lots.. He sold it to the new guy and is "the bank." I think he told me a year or so ago that the new guy changed the plans and now it's a 100+ lots?

mbrown2

Reaction score
Might be his land but it looks like shit and the approval process has been mismanaged.......I don't think they should have given the grading permit unless, the build plan complimented the land, there was a bond put up that he could finish the project, there would be no debris in the river, and no damage from the grading/blasting. Our cabana area has new concrete cracks in it since Grading/blasting and we are bringing forth complaints to the builder.

This will go like many projects where those empty lots are graded north of Bill Williams, and where there are several empty parcels of graded land up river...

Planning and building that compliments the land is more strategic brings more value for generations....tearing it down, leveling it and building a mobile home next to a taj mahal, next to a gas station is just what Parker and Havasu City do best and they grow and look like shit because of it...

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
:lmao

He probably got caught with a female spring breaker and his old lady caught him and threw his ass and all his crap out. Now he's got his swingin' bachelor pad - how can the chicks resist that?

It sure does present as a newly formed bachelor pad. He's got all his toys and the flop house too.