WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

wtb car trailer

NicPaus

Reaction score
You need 7k or 10k gross rating. I searched all over for a 10k and ended up buying brand new last month. Found alot of 7K trailers for $1500 but can only hold 5k of payload. Most full size trucks are over 6,000 lbs. All the 10k trailers were more than what i paid brand new otd.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Carson trailer $3165 otd for 18' with gcvw 9,999. Sold my 12K Big tex for only $2650. Did not want to get a class A license and the weight police around here are putting guy's out of business. The fine is more than what I paid for the damn trailer.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Why not get the license endorsement ?
Going thru the same thing here at the beach.

ks2socal

Reaction score
Thats not a bad deal, does it have a wood deck or steel deck?

Ive been looking at PJ trailers, 20ft buggy hauler with the 5200# axles. Id like to use it for moving some trucks and a small Bobcat T140.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
There is one on ...race-dezert.com Carson 20' with steel deck

D

Deleted Account

I just had Big Tex upgrade the axels and springs on mine so she'll hold 10K now. My Jeep's a bit heavy and was right at the max weight with the old setup. What is the deal with the license endorsement??:p

NicPaus

Reaction score
Any tag trailer over 10,000 lbs rated needs a class A. If a toyhauler or travel trailer you can get a non commercial class A. 5th wheel goose neck is over 15K. The class A license requires log books and a medical exam yearly with med card. With class A you will get a dui if over.02 instead of .08. There is no fix it tickets either if class A just big fines.

I use this trailer to haul my Cat skidsteer. I use to tow with the Big Tex and all attachments until I heard the price of the fines. Towing same setup as me local bobcat operator got nailed. No class A over weight. Towed his truck and trailer. after impound fees and fines he was out almost $8,000. They target the working class mainly work trucks for weight stickers and uncovered loads. Sold my F450 2 days ago to avoid the harrassment.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Any tag trailer over 10,000 lbs rated needs a class A. If a toyhauler or travel trailer you can get a non commercial class A. 5th wheel goose neck is over 15K. The class A license requires log books and a medical exam yearly with med card. With class A you will get a dui if over.02 instead of .08. There is no fix it tickets either if class A just big fines.

I use this trailer to haul my Cat skidsteer. I use to tow with the Big Tex and all attachments until I heard the price of the fines. Towing same setup as me local bobcat operator got nailed. No class A over weight. Towed his truck and trailer. after impound fees and fines he was out almost $8,000. They target the working class mainly work trucks for weight stickers and uncovered loads. Sold my F450 2 days ago to avoid the harrassment.

I was understanding it was a Class A non commercial endorsement, not a class A license.
I stopped hauling my bobcat two years ago because of SM PD and Culver City (Ruthles Revenue Whores) disguised as public safety officers.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I was understanding it was a Class A non commercial endorsement, not a class A license.
I stopped hauling my bobcat two years ago because of SM PD and Culver City (Ruthles Revenue Whores) disguised as public safety officers.

Not sure exactly if endorsemnet or license. Know that non commercial class a is only good for a camper or toyhauler. Bobcat or machinery of any sort you need class A license. Towing an offroad jeep might fall under non commercial class A. The fines were not worth the risk so I sold all 3 that were GVW over 9,999 lbs.

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
So I have been told 9999 gvw is both tow vehicle and trailer,
Is this how you see it or is it 9999 on the hitch ?