WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wraith Power Boats - New builder in Havasu

Dmangus

Reaction score
01D5D15B-953C-467A-9946-829A0CB4C0E9.jpeg
Anyone have more info on this builder. First time hearing about them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Never heard of them before. From that angle it is a little hard to tell, but yes it does look like a Force mold.

RD

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Force/Carrera.

What ever happened to the guy on here that was remaking Carreras?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Force/Carrera.

What ever happened to the guy on here that was remaking Carreras?

Kevin just kind of disappeared? His buddy that had the forklift shop did as well? Never heard from either of them again.

RD

Backlash

Reaction score
Kevin and crew must have felt the wraith. :rolleyes:

I hope that is the new owner's last name or something...... Otherwise it's lacking in the creativity department.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
It’s a shame. That grey/blue 257 they built was a really nice boat.

I’ve tried to contact him for a couple years, he had a bunch of Carrera swag. I was trying to buy some. No reply on here, FB, someone sent me his number, nothing there either. Odd.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
It’s a shame. That grey/blue 257 they built was a really nice boat.

I’ve tried to contact him for a couple years, he had a bunch of Carrera swag. I was trying to buy some. No reply on here, FB, someone sent me his number, nothing there either. Odd.
i can’t remember now if it was Carrera or Commander molds that were stashed in a lot in the IE.
Other side of the freeway from the downtown/Mission inn area.

A8C6D4CB-3FF5-47CB-A949-A625E68433C9.png

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Looks like talon bottom 25- 26 and added length to front to make 27.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
One of the dudes with HTM built a boat while back. I think its that mold. Not the force or carrera, he purchased complete tooling so I think its thats boat. Forget the name

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
One of the dudes with HTM built a boat while back. I think its that mold. Not the force or carrera, he purchased complete tooling so I think its thats boat. Forget the name

Redline custom boats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest hs

Reaction score
Honestly I think it just has a Force looking gel job on it.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
That’s RPM and the model is Redline. The company I’m talking about is called Redline.

Interesting. Never heard of it? Any pics?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Redline custom boats?

That’s RPM and the model is Redline. The company I’m talking about is called Redline.

Interesting. Never heard of it? Any pics?
Correct. Roy the engine builder left a little while after Steve's passing and moved to Vegas and started Redline. I heard rumors that he started with his personal HTM, cut it to lengthen it and widen it. But, that was just rumors, i have no idea what he actually did after he left.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Kevin and crew must have felt the wraith. :rolleyes:

I hope that is the new owner's last name or something...... Otherwise it's lacking in the creativity department.

Actually Rusty from Ultra had all the Force Molds..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Correct. Roy the engine builder left a little while after Steve's passing and moved to Vegas and started Redline. I heard rumors that he started with his personal HTM, cut it to lengthen it and widen it. But, that was just rumors, i have no idea what he actually did after he left.

They were good looking boats (for the time period).. Outdrive1 and myself went out on a demo in one in Parker though and the boat to put it bluntly just didn't work.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think the angle of the photo is just weird and it makes the front look different than it would from other angles.. Almost looks like a shockwave in the front and a force in the back. I believe though that if there was more pics it would end up being a Force 29.

RD

boatpi

Reaction score
Wraith powerboats is not listed with USCG, at least not posted yet so heads up unless you're using that as a secondary name in the primary name is the actual manufacture that were not aware of.

With no knowledge of this manufacture, just a heads up, and I've posted before but some people don't seem to understand, What sort of product liability does a boat manufacturer have???

If you take your new boat out and the whole spot to park and your family dies or gets seriously injured who do you go after always there of liability policy but they don't have any you're screwed.

All the major manufacturers have it and it's usually in the millions.

Part of doing business.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
I had a 2001 Eliminator Daytona and it rode beautifully across the water whether in smooth or choppy water. My buddy bought a new Force Offshore 29 in maybe 2003? I couldn’t wait to go for a ride in the Force to see the difference between the Daytona and the Force. When I finally did, I was shocked immediately at how crappy the ride was! It felt like it just plowed in the water and rode like a tank. I’d like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Dmangus

Reaction score
Few more pics.

Attachments

• 77DB70A3-6E6C-4238-8BE6-0D027CD5E7D2.png
    77DB70A3-6E6C-4238-8BE6-0D027CD5E7D2.png
    1 MB · Views: 552
  • D6F08037-FC26-43C8-929A-1F112782C510.png
    D6F08037-FC26-43C8-929A-1F112782C510.png
    482.8 KB · Views: 355
  • A93A9896-9013-4B2C-A591-7A0006DE9F94.png
    A93A9896-9013-4B2C-A591-7A0006DE9F94.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 486

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score

Not a rumor. I know for a fact that’s what was done to build the new mold.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Not a rumor. I know for a fact that’s what was done to build the new mold.

Ahh interesting. Nice to hear confirmation of what Vossmeyer was told. I always suspected that it wouldnt really work due to how much work and engineering went into that bottom. More often than not just adding length and width doesnt really help...... If the boating world at least.

retaocleg

Reaction score
the hull is prolly one of rusty's…….looks like VM gel work

as for roy, I don't think 'beetlejuice' was building motors at htm…….ken was...….ken passed with steve…….rip...…….roy was the tooler/prod manager...….he moved to vegas and started a company...….....maybe redline performance marine (rpm) with some guy who had some money he wanted to be liberated from...….later changed to redline custom boats or something due to rpm name issues......the money guy was ted something.....tooled 2 boats I think...first one was the 29 r/t......don't remember the other.....started building at or just after the peak, just before the great recession...... closed shop from what I understand......had heard a rumor about them starting again, but was a few years ago...….

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score

as for roy, I don't think 'beetlejuice' was building motors at htm…….ken was...….ken passed with steve…….rip...…….roy was the tooler/prod manager...….he moved to vegas and started revolution performance marine or something like that.....maybe redline performance marine (rpm) with some guy who had some money he wanted to be liberated from...….later changed to redline custom boats or something due to rpm name issues......the money guy was ted something.....tooled 2 boats I think...first one was the 29 r/t......don't remember the other.....started building at or just after the peak, just before the great recession...... closed shop from what I understand......had heard a rumor about them starting again, but was a few years ago...….

Anyone keep tabs on Roy? I wonder where he is these days?

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
Kevin just kind of disappeared? His buddy that had the forklift shop did as well? Never heard from either of them again.

RD
After those ding dongs tried to lay up that Carrera 282 fundeck i bought from the forklift guy i think they knew they were in WAY over their head. I finally after a year pulled it from them and took it to Bob at shockwave and he did an amazing job with what he had to work with. I showed up with a truck bed full of parts and such and a boat with a very poor upholstery job he redid the entire deal and made it beautiful. After another year of tying with it i lost some top end but finally got the nose out of the water and running smooth
IMG_7666.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
45286363_118224985858078_2045413554518248846_n.jpg

Could be the angle but it looks like It's got a super shallow tunnel in the back.

Slick

Reaction score
5F19111B-EE5C-4CF5-AE21-29F24AA45856.jpeg
Here is a Craigslist add I saved from back in May. Person I spoke to also had the molds for sale for 40k. He said he was an investor in the Innovative Marine that went under. This was the demo boat.

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score

as for roy, I don't think 'beetlejuice' was building motors at htm…….ken was...….ken passed with steve…….rip...…….roy was the tooler/prod manager...….he moved to vegas and started a company...….....maybe redline performance marine (rpm) with some guy who had some money he wanted to be liberated from...….later changed to redline custom boats or something due to rpm name issues......the money guy was ted something.....tooled 2 boats I think...first one was the 29 r/t......don't remember the other.....started building at or just after the peak, just before the great recession...... closed shop from what I understand......had heard a rumor about them starting again, but was a few years ago...….

Ted Olsen was a customer of “HTM” and lived in Vegas. He owns a pool cleaning service that does a bunch of hotels out that way. Roy was just an employee of Redline Custom Boats. I’m Assuming that the boat venture didn’t turn out the way they hoped and are still in the pool business.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
After those ding dongs tried to lay up that Carrera 282 fundeck i bought from the forklift guy i think they knew they were in WAY over their head. I finally after a year pulled it from them and took it to Bob at shockwave and he did an amazing job with what he had to work with. I showed up with a truck bed full of parts and such and a boat with a very poor upholstery job he redid the entire deal and made it beautiful. After another year of tying with it i lost some top end but finally got the nose out of the water and running smooth View attachment 705366
Hey Mark - PM’d you check your messages

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I believe Roy became the kinda impromptu engine builder after the accident. Roy actually rebuilt the skeg on my outboard. Did a good job on it. We took it to him at HTM and if I recall, 1 or 2 of the guys refferred to him as the current engine builder. But again, that was in the odd time between the accident and before Leah sold it.

retaocleg

Reaction score
prolly correct...…...all hands on deck after the accident......roy told me he used to work on or design/build submarines before getting into boats...…..not sure if he said engineer or not......he was multi faceted.....I think he said health probs or something with chemicals led him to change fields......and into the boat biz...first time i'd ever heard of someone getting in the boat biz to get away from chemicals....o_O:D

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
I believe Roy became the kinda impromptu engine builder after the accident. Roy actually rebuilt the skeg on my outboard. Did a good job on it. We took it to him at HTM and if I recall, 1 or 2 of the guys refferred to him as the current engine builder. But again, that was in the odd time between the accident and before Leah sold it.

There was a “Roy Peters” who was building the engines at that time, not “Roy Ayers” who was running everything else.

retaocleg

Reaction score
fun fact:
roy tried to dimple the bottom of the htms like a golf ball to free them up...….was in the mold......don't think it worked because the molds were reworked to remove them...... trying to innovate...….and made sense......just didn't work, apparently......laminators prolly glad it didn't work though...…...lol........made their job harder on the skin

sorry for the tread jack...…

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
fun fact:
roy tried to dimple the bottom of the htms like a golf ball to free them up...….was in the mold......don't think it worked because the molds were reworked to remove them...... trying to innovate...….and made sense......just didn't work, apparently......laminators prolly glad it didn't work though...…...lol........made their job harder on the skin

That’s a strange way to innovate.
Dimples work on rotating spheres like golf balls.
They’re used very little elsewhere, for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FreeBird236

Reaction score

Dennis Connors' boat, Spirit of America had a stick on 3M product on the bottom that was millions of ripples the year they obliterated the field in the Americas Cup. It was also a well designed hull by SAIC where my wife worked.:D

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
As I look at it from the different angles, it kind of looks like a Raysoncraft.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
fun fact:

one of the big manufacturers is doing this. I want to say fountain? They are doing it after the step. I will take a look later today.

rvrrun

Reaction score

There is somewhere else they are used that is very beneficial. I'd have to kill you if I told you.

A big clue, we used to test golf balls on the flow bench for a couple of customers.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
There was a “Roy Peters” who was building the engines at that time, not “Roy Ayers” who was running everything else.

2 Roys? Well..... I'm out! Lol! I didnt know there were 2 and it was too long ago to try to recall.

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
2 Roys? Well..... I'm out! Lol! I didnt know there were 2 and it was too long ago to try to recall.

Yep. There were 2 Roys! Lol

fast cat

Reaction score
Fred Young used to work at HTM and after he left he started IMC and built this boat for your information.

Ocean goer

Reaction score

RD

Kinda like that Joe guy.... lol