WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you think?

28Eliminator

Reaction score
FA7AE5A7-D3E3-4C3F-BED3-2D0A4478B570.jpeg
BF29737F-F811-44C9-B18F-A374CC7D381E.jpeg
In havasu until next Sunday, so I don’t want to loose the rest of our vacation being boatless.

Boat got hammered last night in the nautical docks. After putting it on the trailer to look at it better, it appears to be all superficial, with the exception of the pickup for the drive shower that Broke off a chunk of the drive. Idling the boat back to the ramp, it turned and drove fine, so I’m inclined to just remove the drive shower for now, and run it... whatcha think?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Got hit by another boat? Did it get the prop too?

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
The cracks you see may be less dangerous than the ones you may not see.
If you run it, be very cautious.

If it's still on the trailer I'd run it by AJ and see what he thinks.

hallett21

Reaction score
Maybe see if someone will give you a loaner in exchange for repairing your drive?

Edit: remove the turn fin so it doesn’t get ripped off if you do run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Got hit by another boat? Did it get the prop too?

Hit by another boat?? Where did you get that from? Lol... prop looks fine, but I have another one I think I’ll put on it.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
OUCH!! Damn, Sorry to see that there is more damage back there.

Seems like you could live without the drive shower, although the bearing caps do get hot on long sustained runs.

Double check that zinc underneath there too, don't want to lose it.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Hit by another boat?? Where did you get that from? Lol... prop looks fine, but I have another one I think I’ll put on it.

You said "BOAT GOT HAMMERED LAST NIGHT AT THE NAUTICAL DOCKS"
Thought maybe it got hammered by another boat....
Maybe you were hammered and docked it like it's hot?
I dunno

250Eagle

Reaction score
I am inclined to say screw it and run it. But it’s probably safer, cheaper, and smarter to have it checked first. There very well could be a crack you can’t see that’s waiting to do more damage.
Looks like it’s time to file a insurance claim with all the damage you sustained over at the nautical. That looks to be getting more and more expensive .

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Take It to Nordic and they will throw a loaner drive on it for you while yours is getting fixed

Waiting for the adjuster to call. I’ll ask him if I can take it to Nordic. Andy Holthe suggested conquest also..

Singleton

Reaction score
Take to shop and get loaner while it gets fixed.
Since you got gel damage as well, hopefully insurance will cover it all and Nordic can deal with all of it.

shueman

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it either ... you've got too much hp ... 2nd opinion is always best !

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
part of me says superficial and run it for the weekend minus the drive shower. you dont want that flopping around back there even with that bad ass double knot shoe string you have going on. the other half of me see's the the damage to the trim rams and their mount point with that little crack at the annode bolt hole... id hate to see a trim ram have a stress crack and break while at speed. sometimes best to cut the weekend short, or hop on a buddies boat and live another day.

River Runnin

Captain Of Havasu’s Coolest Boat
Reaction score
Be a hellof a vibration and Rooster-tail!!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Don't run it, if there is more damage your ins co will decline the claim due to "failure of reasonable attempt to protect after damage", meaning if it leaks out the drive oil ect from damage you don't see, and you burn shit up then you did not "try to protect".

rrrr

Reaction score
I would run it, but keep the speeds down and the turns slow. With twin ram hydraulic steering, if something breaks at 40-50 MPH it's not gonna be a big deal. If you have the kids with you, they can still enjoy the last days of summer.

Don't run it, if there is more damage your ins co will decline the claim due to "failure of reasonable attempt to protect after damage", meaning if it leaks out the drive oil ect from damage you don't see, and you burn shit up then you did not "try to protect".

I've never heard of this "reasonable" thing. Even if it breaks or blows up, how will the insurance company know what sequence of events happened?

It was in the water at the marina overnight. I'd tell them there was no reason to suspect any damage had occurred during the night, and the boat was used in a normal manner the rest of the weekend.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I would run it, but keep the speeds down and the turns slow. With twin ram hydraulic steering, if something breaks at 40-50 MPH it's not gonna be a big deal. If you have the kids with you, they can still enjoy the last days of summer.

I've never heard of this "reasonable" thing. Even if it breaks or blows up, how is the insurance company know what sequence of events happened?

It was in the water at the marina overnight. I'd tell them there was no reason to suspect any damage had occurred during the night, and the boat was used in a normal manner the rest of the weekend.

They send out an inspector, like me, who is knowledgeable or has expertise in the field he/she is inspecting.
"Does it appear that the client tried to protect after said incidence?" is part of every mechanical inspection that I perform.

On tear down you can easily see the difference between water intrusion and something driven after it was already injured. For him to submit a claim against where ever he had it docked, the paper trail alone will catch up. Insurance companies get smarter every year, and are driven to hire better inspectors to keep claims totals down as much as possible.

Most scenarios are easy to see, for instance a radiator tank burst on the freeway, you have approx. 30 seconds to pull over and shut it off before damage could potentially occur on a newer aluminum engine. It's easy to see when the overheat code was triggered in the ECU for instance, and see how long it was running after the code was set.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I spoke to the adjuster this morning. He said as long as I get Nordic to look at it, and say it’s OK to run, it won’t effect the claim.

Kyle at Nordic looked at it carefully, removed the bottom zinc, and we took off the drive shower. He said your good to go. Gave me the code to the gate, and said to just put it inside the fence on Sunday when you leave, and they’ll get it taken care of. Great guys!! I’m going boating [emoji16]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I spoke to the adjuster this morning. He said as long as I get Nordic to look at it, and say it’s OK to run, it won’t effect the claim.

Kyle at Nordic looked at it carefully, removed the bottom zinc, and we took off the drive shower. He said your good to go. Gave me the code to the gate, and said to just put it inside the fence on Sunday when you leave, and they’ll get it taken care of. Great guys!! I’m going boating [emoji16]

That is great news Dave!!

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I had it the docks at the nautical Tuesday night when the big monsoon hit [emoji20]

Will this experience change the way you do things at the dock? Or is it just shit happens?

Singleton

Reaction score
I had it the docks at the nautical Tuesday night when the big monsoon hit [emoji20]

To this day between Memorial and Labor Day, when I stay at the Nautical (timeshare), I still trailer my boat each night!

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Will this experience change the way you do things at the dock? Or is it just shit happens?

I’ve been leaving boats in slips for 30 years. This is the first time I’ve had any kind of damage.

Will I leave it in the Nautical docks during monsoon season from now on? No.

I had no reason to think there was going to be a problem when we went to bed Tuesday night. It was beautiful outside. NOBODY, could have predicted one of the worst monsoons we’ve seen could have come out of nowhere in the middle of the night... so, yeah, sometimes shit happens.

Reaction score
If you plan on reporting it to the insurance company, try and get an estimate for repair, and get it documented with pictures and file claim. Then if you want to go use it, at least if it grenades, you'll have something to work with.

Reaction score
I’ve been leaving boats in slips for 30 years. This is the first time I’ve had any kind of damage.

Will I leave it in the Nautical docks during monsoon season from now on? No.

I had no reason to think there was going to be a problem when we went to bed Tuesday night. It was beautiful outside. NOBODY, could have predicted one of the worst monsoons we’ve seen could have come out of nowhere in the middle of the night... so, yeah, sometimes shit happens.

Were you the only carnage, or was there more? I remember a few years ago, a boat mooring off the beach broke loose and messed up a dozen or so boats.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Were you the only carnage, or was there more? I remember a few years ago, a boat mooring off the beach broke loose and messed up a dozen or so boats.

2 sunk on the beach I heard, and my brothers boat was in the docks. His isn’t too bad.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Damn that is heart breaking. Glad it's going to get taken care of and you guys get to keep boating. [emoji106]

I dont know that I would of been able to even post a pic , if it was my boat. I think I would have been admitted [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
2 sunk on the beach I heard, and my brothers boat was in the docks. His isn’t too bad.

I bet the boats on the beach that sank were parked bow-in.....

I had a monsoon hit while I was staying at nautical with my old 22’ day cruiser. I spun it around and anchored bow-out. If I wouldn’t have done that it would have sunk, the waves coming into the beach were unbelievable for a lake

DC-88

Reaction score
We stopped in for lunch and to see a friend's timeshare a couple years ago and left the boat docked. A big Monsoon came in fast, and since our group was separated, by the time I got out there it was too late so I just left it slack tied . Carnage everywhere, out drives ripped off etc. and my boat was OK but beat up a bit. My buddy had a video of me bodysurfing a wake surf boat sized right hander for about 50' right off the point by the bar while it was going down. The angle and exposure of that place, including the cove, just absolutely sucks for the monsoons--