WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What about the floating “non-operating” party barges in the channel?

Mike K

Reaction score
So I just happened on a current Havasu video showing the channel ... saw 9 party barges all lined up and taking a lot of spaces ... I’m all for free enterprise and I think these operators are smart ... but will 9 become 30 , 40? ....what about the Lilly Pads ? ... can they get their own channel parking space? What about EZ-Ups. Do they get a parking space? I kinda thought you got one spot for yer boat and shared the rest .... I don’t spend much time parked in the channel anyways but it’s kinda been a cool place to see all the bad ass boats ... ain’t complaining but I’d hate to see the channel be all commercial or all hogged out by vendors?

B-RAD77

Reaction score
I saw all those last weekend and thought the same thing.

riverroyal

Reaction score
The gentleman that owns and operates these also owns kokomo and the new blue chair place in the channel.
Sooo, the city loves his tax contributions.
I agree on your point. They place these barges at sunrise or earlier. There is a chance they pay a city fee to do it. I'm not sure. Taking up the space does piss me off though, I'm not sure as much as the fact I wish I had the idea

PlanB

Reaction score
I heard that Dallas is not operating Kokomo's anymore, but he does own the Blue Chair (nice guy BTW). I don't have a problem with the party barges because he is actually operating a business and paying for dock space as well as taxes. I do have a problem with people using Lily Pads to occupy space next to their boats. People will put other stuff next to their boats as well for no other reason to take up more space. Back in the old days (before the wall, condo's, park on the island etc...) people would make room for a boat to park. There are a different breed of people showing up out there, and they think it's no bid deal to take up a large amount of beach with only one boat. I don't go in the Channel Fri-Sun during the day in the summer for this reason. I actually prefer the off season now after the retards are gone.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Those non operation party boats have been there for a while and I never really seen an increase. Kind of nice that they park more towards the center of the channel. Most of the ez up people I see go on the edges near the beach off smoketree where the parking for the park is or the opposite side edge. I never really see a ez up that doesn’t belong to a boat in the main area that the boat beach on. Even on a holiday weekend.

We usually put the width of two chairs next to the boat and nothing more. We will move the chairs if it is crowded and someone asks if there is enough room to squeeze in.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I heard that Dallas is not operating Kokomo's anymore, but he does own the Blue Chair (nice guy BTW). I don't have a problem with the party barges because he is actually operating a business and paying for dock space as well as taxes. I do have a problem with people using Lily Pads to occupy space next to their boats. People will put other stuff next to their boats as well for no other reason to take up more space. Back in the old days (before the wall, condo's, park on the island etc...) people would make room for a boat to park. There are a different breed of people showing up out there, and they think it's no bid deal to take up a large amount of beach with only one boat. I don't go in the Channel Fri-Sun during the day in the summer for this reason. I actually prefer the off season now after the retards are gone.

So nowadays the beach in the channel only exists for boats to park??? I always thought it was waterfront beach for people in havasu to enjoy??? I’m guessing you feel the lily pads should hang in the channel behind the parked boats so the kids enjoying them are closer to the drunks driving through in their boats?? SMH[emoji2363]

I agree that some people take it too far, but it’s simply an inconvenience for those of us who want to park our boats there. I’m happy just to see people and families enjoying all that havasu has to offer.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
So nowadays the beach in the channel only exists for boats to park??? I always thought it was waterfront beach for people in havasu to enjoy??? I’m guessing you feel the lily pads should hang in the channel behind the parked boats so the kids enjoying them are closer to the drunks driving through in their boats?? SMH[emoji2363]

I agree that some people take it too far, but it’s simply an inconvenience for those of us who want to park our boats there. I’m happy just to see people and families enjoying all that havasu has to offer.....

I am not talking about the Lily Pads behind people's boat, or even ones next to their boats if they are using them. I am talking about people that place them next to their boats just to occupy more beach so people can't park next to them. People do it with noodles and other stuff as well.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score

Dude, you know the drill for Desert storm, keep your kids out of the channel

TCHB

Reaction score
So I just happened on a current Havasu video showing the channel ... saw 9 party barges all lined up and taking a lot of spaces ... I’m all for free enterprise and I think these operators are smart ... but will 9 become 30 , 40? ....what about the Lilly Pads ? ... can they get their own channel parking space? What about EZ-Ups. Do they get a parking space? I kinda thought you got one spot for yer boat and shared the rest .... I don’t spend much time parked in the channel anyways but it’s kinda been a cool place to see all the bad ass boats ... ain’t complaining but I’d hate to see the channel be all commercial or all hogged out by vendors?
I have been talking about this for quite some time. I do not think it is right for him to rent the boats out and take the public beach. I guess if you own a hotel in town you can get down their early and put up 20 EZ UPs for your customers.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I know. I just made plans today to go to Pacific Beach for Desert storm weekend. Enjoy the channel

Awe man I was hoping you would come to 3 dunes with Joe!! Have a good time, hope to catch up soon. There’s always room on my boat for you n Brady!

wet hull

Reaction score
If us and another boat that are in a group. I will take a space between boats for lilly pad no problem. Safer for the kids and I dont need to side step to walk around. We however dont hang in the channel on big weekends. For us its never a issue.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Awe man I was hoping you would come to 3 dunes with Joe!! Have a good time, hope to catch up soon. There’s always room on my boat for you n Brady!

I agree was looking forward to hanging out at DS[emoji41][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Joker

Reaction score
Where are all the families going let their kids take a nape if there's no parking?:)