WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well that isn’t good

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Accidents happen.
"Fleeing" is intentional.
Until more info is available I choose to give the driver the benifit of the doubt and say they either did not hit the bicyclist or did not know they hit anyone.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Is there a chance that the driver did not notice that they ran into/over a person?

Hell yes there is. Either didn't feel it or even if they did they could have thought it was a pothole, speedbump, curb, ect.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Article indicates bike rider has no family. That about to change. “When there is a will there is relatives”.
Seriously,good chance driver not aware.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Once they put the camera footage together…….. it won’t take too long to figure out who this is. That footage will also either help or kill the…….. I didn’t know I hit somebody defense.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Huge boat, big ass trailer, wind, bad roads..... they may have never even known. 😔

HST4ME

Reaction score
Sounds like a got run over and no idea it happened. If you've ever had to to tow anything sizable through the keys and deal with the skinny tires, let alone those on foot..err flops you would know.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I guess to me. Was he hit by the tow vehicle. Or the trailer with boat.
One I can see not knowing the other. No way you don’t know.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I bet he never saw him or felt him. Those big trucks weigh so much that a 20 pound bike isn't even a speed bump. Sad deal, but bicycle riders are dumb to be riding next to 3,000-50,000 vehicles doing 15-75mph.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I bet he never saw him or felt him. Those big trucks weigh so much that a 20 pound bike isn't even a speed bump. Sad deal, but bicycle riders are dumb to be riding next to 3,000-50,000 vehicles doing 15-75mph.
Serious. Not trying to be a dick. But How is a rider supposed to a know a big ass tow rig and trailer are approaching them?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
9pm... dark... too many variables to draw conclusions...

what irks me is the headline..

"Police say a truck towing a pro racing speedboat killed a man in the Keys, then took off"

"took off" insinuates intentional

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
His sense of humor is an acquired taste.. I’ve been tryin for years to acquire the taste for it. Lol

Really not funny.

Key words: "sense of humor" "taste" "tryin for years"
coke-sour.gif

HST4ME

Reaction score
Serious. Not trying to be a dick. But How is a rider supposed to a know a big ass tow rig and trailer are approaching them?
It's called situational awareness.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
9pm... dark... too many variables to draw conclusions...

what irks me is the headline..

"Police say a truck towing a pro racing speedboat killed a man in the Keys, then took off"

"took off" insulates intentional

I dunno about insulates but maybe insinuates.. that said it could also be the guys wording that wrote the article.

Either way it’s a shitty deal.. One of the things I like about key west is they can do that parade there the way they do it.. that shit would never fly on the west coast.. 1000’s of people standing in the road while the trucks roll in and out later that night.. here we’re have to have barriers security and you still couldn’t insure it.

Quick side note I don’t know if this happened at the parade or at some other time.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
It's called situational awareness.
I’m not sure I’m reading you right. It would now be my fault if a car or truck or trailer pulling whatever hits me as my fault as I was not in a “ situational awareness” mode.
I think that’s pushing it. What about said person driving and coming up on the situation. They made they choice. To pass. Or run em off the road. Or hit em

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
A1a is single lane . If anything I would bet they ever saw the person on the bike in a turn or at e the guy on the bike was drinking ? I doubt anyone would just “ take off”. If the info comes in that the driver stopped……. Saw what happened and then left he would probably be the dumbest person in the world . You have a billboard that you are towing. Wouldn’t be hard to find. I’m sure police will be looking for hair and teeth or dna of some sort on all the rigs. Either way it’s very sad to the family of the victim . Accidents do happen and death is always a variable. I always say just because you made it to work doesn’t mean you are Guaranteed to make it home

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am going to say this once and one time only..

I’m done with that shit.

If ya keep it up your going to get spending less and less time here.

My tolerance for this bullshit after that stupid fucking thread is low

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

I’m done with that shit.

❓❓❓

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm curious how this turns out, I'm guessing he didn't know he hit someone as well.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score

I’m done with that shit.

Ohh ohhh, sounds like Dave is about to go all Elon

Joker

Reaction score
It’s ok to drink and drive at night as long as you don’t get caught.
You don’t run over a bike and have no knowledge of it.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Dude everyone is on bikes and scooters hammered by 9pm in key west
Fair point... last time I was there was in early 80s and we were all on foot as I recall. Sleepy lil village vibe then. I was 19 on college spring break and there was an all girl band playing and we all fell in love with each of those rock in roll chicks. Special trip, naked beaches everywhere.

sirbob

Reaction score
Any updates?

I would think a day later they would see the videos from all the bars etc and be able to tell what truck/boat was driving on that street at that time by now?