WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Water deionizer for the garage.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm one of those weirdos that pull the boat out and wash it myself every day on a boating trip. Water off the tap in parker in pretty bad to wash. What set up are you guys using at the house?

Was looking at this kit since I'm kinda sponsored by them but if theres a better kit out there please tell.

Thank you.

BEAA01A0-6109-4F52-9102-E4B9E2D94E42.jpeg

GETBOATS

Reaction score
I just collect have used water bottles and at the end of the weekend there's plenty to wipe the boat off, no spots. and you're right Parker water is terrible.

Icky

Reaction score
That looks the same as all the others out there. They work pretty well, I replace the resin about once a year on mine and it gets about 2000 gallons.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
question for those that have these systems how do they work in the heat where everything dries so fast? how do you get the soap off first before it streaks?

Icky

Reaction score
question for those that have these systems how do they work in the heat where everything dries so fast? how do you get the soap off first before it streaks?
I usually wash in sections and just use di water the whole time (wasteful). Typically either in the morning or evening. If you wash in the evening and it's cool out and doesn't have time to evaporate you may still see some spots.

fishing fool

Reaction score
They work great, NO SPOTS....... I use my foam cannon with normal water, wash then DI water to rinse off. Only spots is where I did not get all the water out of. Like mirror, door handle and grill. Easy to clean up tho.

Reactions: DWC

ChrisV

Reaction score
They work great, NO SPOTS....... I use my foam cannon with normal water, wash then DI water to rinse off. Only spots is where I did not get all the water out of. Like mirror, door handle and grill. Easy to clean up tho.
Why can’t you use the di water with the foam cannon?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
IMG_1029.jpeg

I rent from Culligan

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
They are all pretty much the same. Adam's is good have one I have one here locally at home. For the river I ordered it from https://rv-mods.com/store/ and they delivered it to the house in Havasu so didn't have to lug it with me in the truck. If the water is really bad you can run two tanks in series if you want. Once you ceremic coat the boat I would just mist the boat with some water and wipe it down with a microfiber towel, it didn't get any easier then that.

PlanB

Reaction score
Wash it inside the garage or I keep whatever I am washing wet while it's outside being washed then put it in the garage to dry it. I use DI water the entire time as well.

Icky

Reaction score
They are all pretty much the same. Adam's is good have one I have one here locally at home. For the river I ordered it from https://rv-mods.com/store/ and they delivered it to the house in Havasu so didn't have to lug it with me in the truck. If the water is really bad you can run two tanks in series if you want. Once you ceremic coat the boat I would just mist the boat with some water and wipe it down with a microfiber towel, it didn't get any easier then that.
That's the company I bought from. I watched his you tube video years ago and figured I might as well support him.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I too am OCD psycho. I installed a shower mixer into a spigot in the front of my house, so I have hot and cold running soft water for washing the toys and my dogs.

If you’re able to attach the DI system to a spigot that has soft water running through it, your resin will last a lot longer.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Wash it inside the garage or I keep whatever I am washing wet while it's outside being washed then put it in the garage to dry it. I use DI water the entire time as well.
You thonk i can put something like that on my garage. Too many projects to move for that to happen.

PlanB

Reaction score
You thonk i can put something like that on my garage. Too many projects to move for that to happen.
It's a PITA but I have done it in Havasu. I always thought a wash station inside a garage with a big rubber curtain and a drain would work good.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Useing it to was will shorten the life of the resin.. No need to use good water on washing.
Need 2 of these filters
Same reason carwashs only use it to rinse..... $$$$ for DI water.

DLC

Reaction score
Search DI water

a bunch of threads on it and various options

Get A TDS meter - Amazon $10-20 bucks and check the hardness before buying a DI system. To small of a system and you’ll always be needing to replace filter media.

In Havasu there is a store where you can buy it by the gallon but then you need a 35 / 55 gallon barrel or something to store it in

IMG_0151.png

DLC

Reaction score
The DI works ideal as a final rinse, also best to use a pressure washer as it only uses say 2-3 gallons a minute. A regular hose nozzle will use up a ton of filtered water. I lean towards slowing down the filter process so you get a good filtered water. At the quarter washer places & drive thru car wash the final rinse is always a softer non high pressure rinse.

Wet & wash as normal with regular tap or softened water ( a hose bib can be T’d into the soft water system) then final rinse with the DI water. On my system I have a bypass to wet & wash then flip a couple ball valves and you get DI water.

The media only lasts for so many gallons, the higher the TDS the shorter the life of the media

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I bought a Harbor Freight cheap pressure washer. It does cut way down on the amount of water you use.
IMG_1028.jpeg

ChrisV

Reaction score
I too am OCD psycho. I installed a shower mixer into a spigot in the front of my house, so I have hot and cold running soft water for washing the toys and my dogs.

If you’re able to attach the DI system to a spigot that has soft water running through it, your resin will last a lot longer.
Doesn’t soft water rust?
I bought a Harbor Freight cheap pressure washer. It does cut way down on the amount of water you use. View attachment 1397404
I have a Ryobi I use at home and works great but getting an electric pressure washer cause don’t want to be pissing people off at 10pm haha.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
You tell me to get Platinum or limited truck while you get a harbor freight pressure washer?????

Why not a Honda, Dewalt, Craftsman or Generac Pro pressure washer ????

lol I’m pretty sure they are all made by the same factory in China…..

sczagurs

Reaction score
Do you happen to live out towards the IE?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just install a whole house water filtration/watersoftener and tapp a line to the driveway for washing cars. You get the luxury of filtered/softwater in your house which makes the wife happy and the benefits of washing your toys with spot free water that never runs out as long as salt in maintained.
That's what I did for about $1k for everything.
Don't limit yourself to just the toys...believe me.

PlanB

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just install a whole house water filtration/watersoftener and tapp a line to the driveway for washing cars. You get the luxury of filtered/softwater in your house which makes the wife happy and the benefits of washing your toys with spot free water that never runs out as long as salt in maintained.
You need DI water for a true spotless rinse. Softened / filtered water will not be enough.

ChrisV

Reaction score
I will down the line. Currently remodeling the place.

Just needed something that will help out my wash program.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I got a guy and I got a conversion kit.. best of the best..

Let me get through tonight and hit me up