WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vintage Lake Havasu Photos

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Does anyone know if someone in town sells old black and white photos of the early days in Havasu? Construction pics of the bridge and town type pictures.

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
Does anyone know if someone in town sells old black and white photos of the early days in Havasu? Construction pics of the bridge and town type pictures.
I’d start here -

Many city museums will print old historical photos for people that’s how we got a framable pic of our house circa 1925

westair

Reaction score
There doesn’t really seem to be any of the construction part … ive only ever seen couple pics of it just finished before water …..hopefully there is some somewhere..

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
There's a ton of pics online, but nothing printable or orderable.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We have a hard bound coffee table book that was given to us. I believe that it was bought from the museum. I can post a picture when we return in a week. Let me know.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I'm going to stop by the museum next time I'm town, thanks.

~JM~

Reaction score
Remember seeing Bridge construction updates on the news & the AZ Republic.

Only had 3 TV channels & 1 radio station back then.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
@Wheeler buddy @Skyskier used to sell old photos of the river..........
photos from river rat mike. if one has the time I'm sure photos could be found here. I know that I've posted a few myself. from when we first bought in '68 or so.

lb 2.jpg
may 1975.jpg

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Nice quote. Looks like you didn’t ”READ” your post before you submitted it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Estate sales…a lot of the OG havasu pioneers are dying. I’ve picked up some really cool havasu history stuff over the years this way..I have all the commemorative coins etc that are being put into a wall display.

westair

Reaction score
For anyone interested they do have actual construction pics of the bridge at the havasu museum ..... just have to become a member to download archived photos

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Estate sales…a lot of the OG havasu pioneers are dying. I’ve picked up some really cool havasu history stuff over the years this way..I have all the commemorative coins etc that are being put into a wall display.
I picked up a stone and a coin over the internet. Trying to find the original havasu monopoly

riverroyal

Reaction score
I drove across that runway this morning. It's still there, beat up but there

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Love this pic. I worked at the McCulloch Chain Saw plant by LAX when they were starting to move out to Havasu. They offered employees full relocation costs, including moving expenses, rent & utility deposits, down payment assistance, and a bunch of other substantial perqs. Even though we had our trailer on the River (Jolly Knight), I loved surfing and my (then) girlfriend too much to move out full time. You could buy bare land, now within the city limits, for less than $500 an acre.

<---------------- Idiot.

McC1.jpg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Love this pic. I worked at the McCulloch Chain Saw plant by LAX when they were starting to move out to Havasu. They offered employees full relocation costs, including moving expenses, rent & utility deposits, down payment assistance, and a bunch of other substantial perqs. Even though we had our trailer on the River (Jolly Knight), I loved surfing and my (then) girlfriend too much to move out full time. You could buy bare land, now within the city limits, for less than $500 an acre.

<---------------- Idiot.

View attachment 1203937

Nice car Allen!

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Nice car Allen!

Unfortunately, not mine. Unless you're talking about the VW Bug in the parking lot behind the 'Vette. I was driving one just like it, when I worked there.