WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vector extension box

Daytona47

Reaction score
B600CEDF-7F29-4860-BCEF-590EB528A051.png
48380CE4-57CD-4519-8D76-1C939C471E8C.jpeg
just picked up a vector and couldn’t leave it alone for more than a weekend. I have seen a lot of 210’s with boxes hanging off the back, has anyone had any experience with an extension box and a shorty on a vector.

hallett21

Reaction score
Good looking vector [emoji1303]

What motor is in it now?

What are the performance numbers so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona47

Reaction score
It has 510 cubic inch. Previous owner claims 80. I had it around 70 on Saturday before the drive went infront of pirates den
Good looking vector [emoji1303]

What motor is in it now?

What are the performance numbers so far?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I can’t say I have ever seen a vector with an extension box.

you will need steering as well if you decide to do that.

hallett21

Reaction score

Did the 3a drive require one?

Daytona47

Reaction score

Yes planning on adding steering either way. This boat should have hydraulic steering on I think going over 75.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Did the 3a drive require one?

Lotka's vector with the #3, that Lynch had for a long time, had no extension box and ran well into the teens.

I don't think an extension box will benefit a vector much tbh.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Where are you seeing a lot of 210s w extensions?
There’s very few that I know of.
There’s a handful that have big power and most actually have #6 drives not extensions.

Mine orig had merc ITS,nothing but problems, removed it and put IMCO transom and it actually performs better then before

Vectors can run good w short drive but also depends where you’re at power wise. Extension seems pointless on a vector, trim can get nearly entire boat out of the water at speed.
510 running 80. I’d fix your current drive and leave it alone. Enjoy the boat your still hanging w most of the boats out there.

Unless you like snowballs, then throw an ITS on it or IMCO, build the motor, throw away the used drive you just got, and start the endless chase of speed and performance.

playdeep

Reaction score
Probably no help but...
I had a 250 Eagle w/a box.
And 1 without.

The boat with the box took a completely different set.
After I got used to it...I "felt" a discernible difference.
Lotta fun once she was up on the pad.

Daytona47

Reaction score
Trying to avoid the snowball.. already went down that road with my Daytona. I’m
Hoping I get a few seasons out of this drive I just picked up. Haven’t gone a season as long as I have been boating with out rebuilding a drive.
There’s a handful that have big power and most actually have #6 drives not extensions.

Mine orig had merc ITS,nothing but problems, removed it and put IMCO transom and it actually performs better then before

Vectors can run good w short drive but also depends where you’re at power wise. Extension seems pointless on a vector, trim can get nearly entire boat out of the water at speed.
510 running 80. I’d fix your current drive and leave it alone. Enjoy the boat your still hanging w most of the boats out there.

Unless you like snowballs, then throw an ITS on it or IMCO, build the motor, throw away the used drive you just got, and start the endless chase of speed and performance.

UltraLucky

Reaction score

What he said. Fix it and enjoy it. I would not mess with it unless your ready to spend tons of money and be without the boat for the next couple seasons.

Hammer

Reaction score
No need for an extension box. Rebuild the drive and maybe put a 2” shorty lower. Doesn’t need much for those boats to run mid 80’s

pixrthis

Reaction score
B&D has one for sale in the classified section at a good price.