WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

valet no stick shift cars

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We have the option for valet parking at the mall in Santa Clarita. This is the sign out near where you drop your car off.

277669033_2404568139685674_2273309373521511040_n.jpg

FCT

Reaction score
What a joke 🤣. It should be mandatory you have to take your drivers license test in a manual. I especially believe you should have to take your class A license test in a manual as well. If you can’t pass it you shouldn’t have your license because I believe it teaches you how to actually drive.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
What a joke 🤣. It should be mandatory you have to take your drivers license test in a manual. I especially believe you should have to take your class A license test in a manual as well. If you can’t pass it you shouldn’t have your license because I believe it teaches you how to actually drive.
I never even realized they had an automatic only CDL until I got called to go rescue a team whose truck broke down and the only rental they could find was a manual. I just loved moving all my shit out of my truck into a fucked up rental. when I got back and moved my shit back into my truck I told my dispatcher next time I would be out of hours.🤣🙄

ltbaney1

Reaction score
completely agree. when i had my learners permit, my dad told me i could not get my license until i could launch the boat with his stick shift truck. it really is sad how many people dont know how to drive a manual.

FCT

Reaction score
completely agree. when i had my learners permit, my dad told me i could not get my license until i could launch the boat with his stick shift truck. it really is sad how many people dont know how to drive a manual.
That’s the way it should be! I think I already knew how to drive a manual by the time I was 10 from driving the dune buggy in the desert. I was told I could drive it as soon as I can figure out how, wrong thing to tell a kid that loves to go fast 🤣That’s the fun way to learn🤣🙌

FreeBird236

Reaction score
IT's not really that new of a thing, 15 years ago we were having trouble finding temp or part time workers at the water district to just drive 4 speeds with a granny low. A couple guys that were actually pretty good workers and kept on as full time, we taught to drive manuals.

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
I made sure my daughter could drive a manual transmission before she got her license.

Her 1st car was a 70 914 Porsche.

All girls should be able to drive a stick.. it's was a safety thing for me. No matter where she is.. or what she is in. She can drive it.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
This makes me curious, are all the new little small cars automatic transmissions now? Back in the day it seemed like all those little foreign cars Japanese, German whatever we’re stick shift? Is everything automatic now?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
This makes me curious, are all the new little small cars automatic transmissions now? Back in the day it seemed like all those little foreign cars Japanese, German whatever we’re stick shift? Is everything automatic now?
There's a few, Honda Civic SI, Toyota Corolla, I think Subaru and Mazda might have a couple, there's a few more in the more expensive sport models.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

Let’s also add in that it has to be done in……

7F185ECC-3816-4467-99B5-9D2168A20130.jpeg

bonesfab

Reaction score
I am going to teach my shop girl to drive one. Have to get the Model A down as it was what my sisters and I were taught to drive a stick in. It really isn't that hard. Plus it is good to teach younger kids to drive a stick as they can't pay as much attention to their phone.

attitude

Reaction score
I’ve never owned a car that was a auto, one day when I can afford a C8 Z06 that will be the first auto car I buy.

Owning a car with a gated manual is also on my bucket list.

Berdes

Reaction score
Took my youngest daughter out to buy her first car. She wanted a sporty little Honda which was a stick that she saw on the lot . I drove it off the lot and around the corner showing and explaining to her how and why it worked. Told her now it's your turn. If you want it, you need to be ale to drive it. Hour later, when she drove it back to the lot, the salesman remarked how unusual it was for a young girl to drive a stick car. I told him "Yes, and she had just learned on his car". And yes, we did buy it, and took it home that day.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Ya, not so funny story. When I broke my left foot, the doctor and the nurses and the assistants couldnt understand why I wanted to wait to have my foot rapped up. I had to tell them 4 different times in 4 different ways that I drove my 5speed Ranger there. After getting the blank stare from them for a third time, I nearly had to raise my voice that they were trying to immobilize my "clutch foot" and I wouldnt have a way to get home.

I was able to arrange for somebody to come pick me up and drive my truck home but it was sadly comical that I had such a hard time communicating to them about my "standard." Youd swear that all of the 6 people treating me had never seen a stick in their lives and only ever heard about them in fairy tales from the reactions I was getting.

#savethestandards

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I would still be driving one if I could get it. Due to dealership demand to not touch them, they have been dropped from everything. My explorer and f150 are both not produced with them. Too bad......

brgrcru

Reaction score
Took my youngest daughter out to buy her first car. She wanted a sporty little Honda which was a stick that she saw on the lot . I drove it off the lot and around the corner showing and explaining to her how and why it worked. Told her now it's your turn. If you want it, you need to be ale to drive it. Hour later, when she drove it back to the lot, the salesman remarked how unusual it was for a young girl to drive a stick car. I told him "Yes, and she had just learned on his car". And yes, we did buy it, and took it home that day.
Lol
👍

spectras only

Reaction score
My friend who owns a 1930 Austin 7 supercharged Brooklyn racer wouldn't let anyone drive the car who doesn't know how to double clutch. Pre synchro cars were driven by people who know how to drive a stick shift.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What kind of car did everyone learn how to drive stick in?

I learned how to drive in a vehicle that happened to be manual..that vehicle was a 71 Bronco with 3 on the tree and a broken motor mount..lol

1983 Toyota Tercel. Not known by many but those who in the know knew it was one of the most bad ass mechines at the time. 👍

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

I learned how to drive in a vehicle that happened to be manual..that vehicle was a 71 Bronco with 3 on the tree and a broken motor mount..lol

'47 or '48 John Deere GP, manual, yes, but didn't really 'shift' gears on the fly.
Pops '68 Baja Bug, out Stoddard Wells rd.
'60 Pete, but only allowed to use 2nd under and reverse (of a 5&3) just in the yard.

Dan'l

attitude

Reaction score

First manual car I drove was a 2013 camaro 1LE, the car I actually learned in was my 04 GTO. I don’t think learning gets much easier than a LS1 T56 combo, I loved that car.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score

1986 Subaru Justy. All 3 cylinders.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Learned on my dad's Ford 8N tractor when I was about 8. Had to stand on the clutch so there really wasn't any shifting once I got it moving. I really learned in his 81 GMC pickup when I was 12 or so. My first car was a hand-me-down Datsun Sentra with a 5 speed.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I am going to teach my shop girl to drive one. Have to get the Model A down as it was what my sisters and I were taught to drive a stick in. It really isn't that hard. Plus it is good to teach younger kids to drive a stick as they can't pay as much attention to their phone.
Start ‘em with a model T…if they can drive that, they can drive anything.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Got that right, 3 pedals and not one of them is the throttle, I can drive one.
Ya but can you start it alone? Those things scare me.
First car ever drove was a Ranch Wagon 3 on the tree pulling a trailer.
At the dump dad needed the trailer moved forward while he held onto the crap in the trailer. Dad started the car told me to push in the clutch put it in first pull the car forward about 10 feet then push the clutch and put it back in neutral. I couldn’t see over the steering wheel because I was slouch down in the seat to push the clutch in. Then he let me drive it out of the dump.
My DD is a clutch. Ram five speed. Some people at work gave me comment about it. Through that conversation I found out nobody in the office could drive a stick. WTF