WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trim switch

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Anyone know EXACTLY what switch this is? It took a crap on me last time out. Works trimming up, but won’t work to move the drive in/down. Transom switch works fine.

IMG_3642.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have one of those I never used you can have it if you want

USMC2010

Reaction score
I replaced mine a while back, got the switch from Praxair on Lake Havasu Avenue. There is no need to overpay for something from a boat specific supply source.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Here’s why I’m paranoid.. at least for this issue.. lol

3or 4 years ago, I re-wired the boat and put in all new gauges and switches (except for the trim switch). First set I ordered were a different size (just slightly), and didn’t fit in the bezel. Had to order different ones, and still had to ream the slots for them to fit.. there are several different sizes of these damn mini rockers..

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

Just trying to cover all the bases [emoji16]

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Double toggle with a “normally open” neutral. I imagine you could find this at a decent auto parts store. Might even be a truck stop type switch. The problem is going to be finding the right size so it will fit in the current housing.

Sun Bird RV in Indio would be your best bet if they are still open this time of year. RVs and toyhaulers have those types of switches.

Here’s why I’m paranoid.. at least for this issue.. lol

3or 4 years ago, I re-wired the boat and put in all new gauges and switches (except for the trim switch). First set I ordered were a different size (just slightly), and didn’t fit in the bezel. Had to order different ones, and still had to ream the slots for them to fit.. there are several different sizes of these damn mini rockers..

View attachment 769161

View attachment 769162

Just trying to cover all the bases [emoji16]

McKay

Reaction score
Just bought one from Teague two weeks ago. Looks like you will probably need to cut the tabs down a bit and solder on the wires. I had to do that as it would not fit if i would have crimped on terminals.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welp, once those switches go bad it means you gotta get in the pontoon bubble.....retirement age stuff, ya know.:D:p:D:cool:

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Welp, once those switches go bad it means you gotta get in the pontoon bubble.....retirement age stuff, ya know.:D:p:D:cool:

Chit ain’t funny Zigmund.. [emoji35]

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It’s just a K4 14-225 mom-off-mom switch, then cut the three tabs to about 1/16” and solder the existing wires on.