WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trim limit wiring

USMC2010

Reaction score
28C804C4-A4DA-4BBF-B960-C080D8537B5B.jpeg

Does anyone have a good idea where this connection can be found in a 496mag ho with a bravo 1 drive?

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
just follow the wires from the pump, they could be wrapped up in a loom but they are not far from the pump

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
As I recall port side coming out of inner transom assembly. They look like a 2' strip of lamp wire (black) with barrel push terminals.
Good luck.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. I thought I had found it last night, a bit more digging this morning and did. it is blue-blue and purple on its own instead of the standard in the pic, time to cut a connector and figure out the correct combination.
What is happening is my trim limit is working in reverse, on the throttle I can only bring the drive up in the top half of the range instead of the bottom like it should be, the cut-off even works in the spot it should.:mad:

fishing fool

Reaction score
Could the limit switch on the drive have moved?? Has it always done this or something new?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Could the limit switch on the drive have moved?? Has it always done this or something new?
It has been this way since Nordic pulled the motor and replaced the main seals. I only recently have been able to dig into it but I think I know where I am going tomorrow for a visit.

USMC2010

Reaction score
So, it is back to how it was before the motor pull. The throttle switch does not have an up limit tied to it, it will bring the drive all the way up. A friend stopped by this morning and gave me an assist, the limit switch is reading backwards and just bad, it can't be wire swapped to work correctly. What we learned is the switch had been bypassed for a very long time, since before we bought it. When Nordic put the engine back together last fall they wired it up normal which injected the bad limit switch back in play. Someday I will replace it but for now it isn't a concern.

Last edited: