WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trailer Bunks

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I needed new bunks on my trailer and hit up Sean ( Bunkrepair) here on the forums. We set a time and he picked up my trailer at Windsor while we were boating today to do the job.

He calls me up and tells me that I don't need all my bunks repaired since some of them are in good shape. He did the bunks 8 years ago. He saved me $250 by being honest. You don't find people like that anymore to be honest.

So he changed the bunks that needed to be changed, calls me up and we meet at Windsor. Pulls my boat out of the water, helps my wife hookup our car back on the trailer and leaves with a smile.

If anyone needs their bunks redone, call up Sean. The best service in Havasu.

His number is 928-208-7158.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Did mine last year and if it wasn't for my RV park being anal retentive it would have been perfect. He is good!

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
He does a great job. He picked up my tritoon trailer in Parker and brought it back the next afternoon.:thumbsup

shueman

Reaction score
Sean is Top Shelf for sure ... I had an elderly customer that somehow was stranded by herself with her boat at Havasu Marina. I called him and, yes, he met with the lady and helped her get the boat out of the water, etc. Good people right there :thumbsup

Chopperman

Reaction score
Sean is THE go to guy in Havasu for trailer bunk repair!!! Nothing but good things to say about him. He did the trailer for my Hallett a couple years ago. Top notch work.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
x10 for sean, strong work ethic, and delivers on his word and service everytime!

milkmoney

Reaction score
I need all new bunks and carpet. Will be calling soon [emoji106] [emoji6] [emoji202]

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
I can't thank any of you guys enough! Thanks for all the referrals it helps our family out tremendously!

Thanks everyone!
Sean,
Thanks for taking care of my boat and jet ski trailer bunks! You rock dude

Matt

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I needed new bunks on my trailer and hit up Sean ( Bunkrepair) here on the forums. We set a time and he picked up my trailer at Windsor while we were boating today to do the job.

He calls me up and tells me that I don't need all my bunks repaired since some of them are in good shape. He did the bunks 8 years ago. He saved me $250 by being honest. You don't find people like that anymore to be honest.

So he changed the bunks that needed to be changed, calls me up and we meet at Windsor. Pulls my boat out of the water, helps my wife hookup our car back on the trailer and leaves with a smile.

If anyone needs their bunks redone, call up Sean. The best service in Havasu.

His number is 928-208-7158.
Did he use....wait for it.....

Magic Carpet?

:D

Pinball

Reaction score
Are there less than obvious cues that your bunks need some attention ? I can see if the carpet is worn thru, or bunks are rotted and falling off. My trailer is 10 years old but bunks seem ok to me.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
My boat hovers over the trailer [emoji3]
jerry c.jpg

bunkrepair

Reaction score
Are there less than obvious cues that your bunks need some attention ? I can see if the carpet is worn thru, or bunks are rotted and falling off. My trailer is 10 years old but bunks seem ok to me.

Just start looking for loose bolts? The mounts pushed up into the lumber every so often just touch them, wiggle them around so if there is any movement there shouldn't be

CobraDave

Reaction score
He did mine in Havasu Springs so I imagine he would. A mistake to call anyone else...

hold_j

Reaction score
Sean did mine on Saturday. Came out great [emoji106] launched boat he took the trailer then dropped it back off at the marina

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Sean did great work for me. Sucks paying someone to do it, but it was nice sitting on the lake enjoying my day while it was getting done.

Taboma

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me, does he lag or thru-bolt the bunks ?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me, does he lag or thru-bolt the bunks ?
Though bolt. My old hardware was in good shape, but got replaced with new stuff anyway. Quality job, and I'm picky.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
I just did my bunks last week. 1/4" carriage bolts through the bunks. I basically reversed engineered the whole thing.

Cut the 2x4's laid them on the trailer and drilled through the holes in the trailer. While I was doing that my wife laid out the old carpet and cut out the new stuff.

Fun family project. [emoji106]

But I'm in Carlsbad, and that's a little far for Bunkrepair. Haha

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I just did my bunks last week. 1/4" carriage bolts through the bunks. I basically reversed engineered the whole thing.

Cut the 2x4's laid them on the trailer and drilled through the holes in the trailer. While I was doing that my wife laid out the old carpet and cut out the new stuff.

Yeah, it's not rocket surgery. Just inconvenient to go all the way out there to do it.

Taboma

Reaction score

So it's been proven out that after many many years, the preserved wood doesn't rot or degrade so the carriage bolts still bite and the nut can be removed without the bolt spinning ? Or is it just assumed that an angle head grinder will be required ?