WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Ultimate Bro-Dozer!?

Tank

Reaction score
Someone dumped a SHIT TON of money into this thing just to sell it for 20k

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/thousand-oaks-1989-powerstroke-military/7237715703.html

00S0S_dLDLBDOTkyy_0CI0yu_1200x900.jpg

Would actually be fun to romp around on in Glamis or actually to go mudding in.

Sherpa

Reaction score
dont forget the bro dozers always have to 24" diameter exhaust stack coming up through the bed behind the cab belching black soot...

rightytighty

Reaction score
If it came with a full tank of fuel and a ladder to get in the door, I’d be able to drive it about 50 miles then have to park it because there is NO way I could get in the bed of that truck to fuel up. Lol!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I love it... Reminds me of the original Bigfoot. I think pops use to take us to Perris to watch the monster trucks

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Someone dumped a SHIT TON of money into this thing just to sell it for 20k

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/thousand-oaks-1989-powerstroke-military/7237715703.html

View attachment 947797

Would actually be fun to romp around on in Glamis or actually to go mudding in.

FUK!! Even though its a ford, I NEED THIS!! Hmm.. do I ask permission or forgiveness!?!? I have a hard time believing it's not a scam as I know what it cost to build something like this, unless it has some serious issues..

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
That is actually cool! A true Bro-Dozer has 22" rims and rubber bands with an aggressive tread pattern and a lift that is too tall and both chrome and a gaudy color!
I thought that was a mall crawler.

Tank

Reaction score
dont forget the bro dozers always have to 24" diameter exhaust stack coming up through the bed behind the cab belching black soot...
CHECK

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I HIGHLY doubt there was anywhere near 20k dropped into that. There isn't that much fab work in there at all really as its just giant leaf "springs" (I use quotes as those giant springs are gonna be more solid than spring) and some portal axles. Even the 7.3 swap isn't that much work.

The only saving grace that thing MAY have off road is that the tires and axles are so heavy that the CG isn't too absurdly high.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I had the same 89 f250 6” lift 42” fun countrys 460 stick I loved it 👍 9 mpg 😫😫😫

Deckin Around

Reaction score
I HIGHLY doubt there was anywhere near 20k dropped into that. There isn't that much fab work in there at all really as its just giant leaf "springs" (I use quotes as those giant springs are gonna be more solid than spring) and some portal axles. Even the 7.3 swap isn't that much work.

The only saving grace that thing MAY have off road is that the tires and axles are so heavy that the CG isn't too absurdly high.

X2 welding leaf spring perches isn't tough and those rockwell 2.5 ton axles are cheap military surplus $1500 or less each

Spudsbud

Reaction score
then you'd have to insure it. and pay for fuel.
Eventually practicality sets in and........
But, if you can afford a toy. nice retriever !

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
looks pretty fun to play around with!!
Hmm bro dozer for me growing up in the 909/951 was definitely a ford ranger with white fenders with a front lift kit and a guy with a flat bill hat saying SRH and stickers of ICP and do it for deagan!! But never rode a dirtbike or rode a quad , Lol usually with a bro ho platinum hair with black streaks in it haha

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Hmm bro dozer for me growing up in the 909/951 was definitely a ford ranger with white fenders with a front lift kit and a guy with a flat bill hat saying SRH and stickers of ICP and do it for deagan!! But never rode a dirtbike or rode a quad , Lol usually with a bro ho platinum hair with black streaks in it haha

You have drawn a very accurate picture of an era of much simpler times.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You have drawn a very accurate picture of an era of much simpler times.
I was gonna say... change that ranger to a fullsize with some suspension work and ill take it and the chick all day long. Loved me some Bro Hos...... lol!

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
IMG_0659.JPG

2 1/2 tons with 46's...SBC with Dart heads, TH400 and NP205...couldn't afford to put wheel brakes on for street use. Kind of looking to build a truck on 5 tons next. The 2 1/2's were pretty decent, but doing stupid stuff could still bust an axle.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just went and looked at the ad again..... its a fucking F-150 with what appears to be a stock frame. Thats just asking for issues then.
View attachment 947887
2 1/2 tons with 46's...SBC with Dart heads, TH400 and NP205...couldn't afford to put wheel brakes on for street use. Kind of looking to build a truck on 5 tons next. The 2 1/2's were pretty decent, but doing stupid stuff could still bust an axle.
That thing appears to be at least somewhat useful for fun. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Just went and looked at the ad again..... its a fucking F-150 with what appears to be a stock frame. Thats just asking for issues then.That thing appears to be at least somewhat useful for fun. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
It was built for the mud pits out here. Then the owners decided no kids under 18, so it was useless for that. Messed around with it on the dirt roads around here, learned how to do slap wheelies and stuff hitting ditches and culverts. It sat, so I traded it for a Land Rover...stock, with issues. Kind of got hosed, but shit happens.
Decided next build will be on 54's like the above, but enough clearance for 66's. Basically a barely legal truck that can run monster truck tires. I came up with a design for a liftgate of sorts...would like to do a setup capable of monster truck rides for special needs kids. Sounds corny, but there isn't a truck able to do it anymore. I want to do it for fun, so it would be for my family If someone else could handle the legalities, my family would give time and use. Pipe dream, but maybe some day.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

If it is cobbled together, I agree.

If it was done right, driveline angles, motor install, ect.. even with leafs you couldn't start with nothing and build that for $20k.

Its definitely not monster truck status, but would be a decent start for a weekender.

I know Michelin offers a 53" tire I dont think they offer it in a 56". So that was the first thing that caught my attention. 1. Either doesnt even know what he has or 2.it's a scam. If it's 1, I'd hate to see the rest of the truck🤷‍♂️

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
The interior is a little rough, get 2FF to go with you to look at it, I'm sure it could be had for 15k, I mean after all it's got a 7.3

Tank

Reaction score
I think the guy should've slapped an 80's ford econo liner van on it. Turned it into a life sized "lunch box". 😁

I have also been an honorary member of the bro-dozer club back in the day. 97 Suburban 2500 with a 14" lift. Was actually a REALLY fun truck. People LOVED than thing. Also had 12 12" JL W0's in a wall in the rear cargo area. Had some great times in it. My wife (then girlfriend) loved driving it around town.

First pic is after it was straight axled and put on 44's. Pic towing the boat was independent front on 42's.

sub1.jpg
sub2.jpg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’ve met that guy!!

Meaney77

Reaction score
I had the same 89 f250 6” lift 42” fun countrys 460 stick I loved it 👍 9 mpg 😫😫😫
They had dual tanks for a reason!!

Funny I remember when we were in high school we would go to Pismo a bunch on the weekends in my Chevy 3/4 with a 350. It had dual tanks and we would usually burn through both tanks just getting there which was ~150 miles from where I live in Ventura county.

A few weeks ago I went to Pismo to pick up an off road car in my F150 towing a 24' enclosed trailer- and we used a fraction of the gas that we used to use!!!!

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Same time we had F350 Duley b
They had dual tanks for a reason!!

Funny I remember when we were in high school we would go to Pismo a bunch on the weekends in my Chevy 3/4 with a 350. It had dual tanks and we would usually burn through both tanks just getting there which was ~150 miles from where I live in Ventura county.

A few weeks ago I went to Pismo to pick up an off road car in my F150 towing a 24' enclosed trailer- and we used a fraction of the gas that we used to use!!!!
mine only had 1 tank 😫😫😫