WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Long, Long Trailer

Toolman

Reaction score
1954 movie with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. If any of you people out there have not seen this movie, figure out where to rent it or watch it because it is hilarious. All the physics and difficulties in towing a huge trailer still apply today. I tried the long trailer thing years ago with a Ford Dually and I discovered I’m not cut out for that kind of hassle factor. Lol

stonehenge

Reaction score
great movie

I tow a stupid long bumper pull, and it is a heavy s.o.b. toy box, 40 feet tip to tip. Should have learned my lesson after seeing this movie as a kid, but I didn't. Only saving grace is I store it 9 miles from the dunes and basically live in it for 6 months during the glamis season, so I don't really tow it much or far.

oh,.... and I don't tow it with a f150 or a "ford fucking ranger" lol

28Eliminator

Reaction score
That was a great movie.. I haven't seen it in years.

rrrr

Reaction score
1954 movie with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. If any of you people out there have not seen this movie, figure out where to rent it or watch it because it is hilarious. All the physics and difficulties in towing a huge trailer still apply today. I tried the long trailer thing years ago with a Ford Dually and I discovered I’m not cut out for that kind of hassle factor. Lol
It's hella funny.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
One of the first movies i watched with my grand mother. Im only 39 years old. She would let me watch 3 stooges, Mr. Ed, Francis the talking mule, Beverly hill billies originals (not the 90s remake). All them good wholesome comedies!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Italian Movie” episode of I Love Lucy ...

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Automat is a terrific Documentary on TCM streaming. Free.

My Aunt took me there in 1959 and man o man was it good.
Nickle metal and marble galore, amazing food, the New York energy.
A bunch of locations.

I remember some years later the aunt telling the locations had become seedy, starting to close and she didn't want to go back.
Beautiful girl my aunt was then
Always mistaken for Vivien Leigh, especially in NYC.

War bride, married serious money, she is still alive funny and full of life as ever. Her stories could make good movies.
Has a suite at the Del Coronado.
A separate thread for some other time.