WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Supermedia

dezertrider

Reaction score
If anyone here advertises on Supermedia pull your ad! The #s they show you are elivated and incorrect.

What a waste of money. I pulled a report at the end of January for the month of January. It said I had 1700 impressions and 9 clicks, I pulled the same report today and it now show 7800 impressons with 36 clicks. I pull another report from them and it shows I have 108 clicks for my YP ad with them and 62 have gone directly to my website.

I have only 2 people that have gone from the Supermedia site to mine. These fing guys are crooks and I have been trying to cancell all morning.

slowride

Reaction score
While that sucks, try having Google Adwords withdrawing $2,000 PER DAY from your account...... when you DIDN'T EVEN SIGN UP FOR ADWORDS!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
While that sucks, try having Google Adwords withdrawing $2,000 PER DAY from your account...... when you DIDN'T EVEN SIGN UP FOR ADWORDS!

How the hell does that happen?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If anyone here advertises on Supermedia pull your ad! The #s they show you are elivated and incorrect.

What a waste of money. I pulled a report at the end of January for the month of January. It said I had 1700 impressions and 9 clicks, I pulled the same report today and it now show 7800 impressons with 36 clicks. I pull another report from them and it shows I have 108 clicks for my YP ad with them and 62 have gone directly to my website.

I have only 2 people that have gone from the Supermedia site to mine. These fing guys are crooks and I have been trying to cancell all morning.

Brian if your not already start using google analytics.

RD

akakiller

Reaction score
"I have only 2 people that have gone from the Supermedia site to mine."

how did you determine this? I'm not stirring the pot, I'm really curious.

slowride

Reaction score
How the hell does that happen?

RD
They won't say, but they sure did reverse the charges real quick and guarantee no further charges would be submitted. I use Analytics, but somehow they got ahold of my banking info. I used Google checkout once..... don't know if they cross-referenced info.

dezertrider

Reaction score
Brian if your not already start using google analytics.

RD

"I have only 2 people that have gone from the Supermedia site to mine."

how did you determine this? I'm not stirring the pot, I'm really curious.

I have Google Analytics and thats how I verified only two people came from Supermedia or any of there afiliates

akakiller

Reaction score
are you using the free listing on Supermedia.com? or are you paying for it?

akakiller

Reaction score
how about phone calls? How many have you received from this ad? Did they set you up with a special phone number so you knew the calls were coming from your Superpages.com ad?

I did a search on Google for air conditioning in Foothill Ranch and you came up through Superpages.com.

Sales supercare is who you should call for help.

866-917-8737

disclaimer: I do not work for Supermedia :D I just know how the programs work...

dezertrider

Reaction score
how about phone calls? How many have you received from this ad? Did they set you up with a special phone number so you knew the calls were coming from your Superpages.com ad?

I did a search on Google for air conditioning in Foothill Ranch and you came up through Superpages.com.

Sales supercare is who you should call for help.

866-917-8737

disclaimer: I do not work for Supermedia :D I just know how the programs work...

When I first signed up after the first 30 days I spoke to there tech support as their #s were not matching mine. Knowone could help me! It was there report against mine. Then I noticed my home page log in, that gives me current status did not match there reports we pull from their web page. Ive been saving all my info and then I noticed a report I pulled 2 weeks ago suddenly shows 7 times more traffic then the same time period two weeks ago. There #s dont add up and I believe then inflate them to cover there guarentee.

Yes I have a special PH# with recordings and I havent had a call yet. Even if there reports were true if I had over 100 people look at my services at least one of them would call

akakiller

Reaction score
I know that Supermedias numbers vs Google analytics are always askew. Supermedia has well over 200 affiliates that they use.. I couldn't even begin to know which ones came from my Supermedia ad through their affiliates..

I do know that the tracking phone number they give you is forwarded to your business number.. it isn't a separate phone line... if you're letting it go to a recording, how are you going to generate business from those calls? Most people don't leave a message, they want to talk to an actual person.

I do know that 2/3 calls in January is totally worth $99 a month. Most people aren't spending money right after Christmas so I would assume it would be an emergency type situation....

Sounds to me like anything they do isnt going to make you happy at this point.. So I would just call the number above and cancel.

dezertrider

Reaction score
I know that Supermedias numbers vs Google analytics are always askew. Supermedia has well over 200 affiliates that they use.. I couldn't even begin to know which ones came from my Supermedia ad through their affiliates..

I do know that the tracking phone number they give you is forwarded to your business number.. it isn't a separate phone line... if you're letting it go to a recording, how are you going to generate business from those calls? Most people don't leave a message, they want to talk to an actual person.

I do know that 2/3 calls in January is totally worth $99 a month. Most people aren't spending money right after Christmas so I would assume it would be an emergency type situation....

Sounds to me like anything they do isnt going to make you happy at this point.. So I would just call the number above and cancel.

Its more then a little off. If I take away the RDP hits, Google, Yahoo, Bing Organic and any I know are not SM. There reports claims they are sending more people to my site then actuallya are. Every call that comes into Dynamic from SM is recorderd by SM, This way I can see how anyone who answers the phone does on an incoming call. I am good with 10-15% differances but not 95%. I track the # of calls we get also and still only the one. So does $600 (3 months service)for one call make since? I dont think so. There #s are full of shiat and when I called they couldnt even answer my basic questions.

BTW 4 phone calls in today and I still cant get a person to cancell my account

dezertrider

Reaction score
And this thread got me at least 1 hit today

(direct) ((none)) 1 50.00%
riverdavesplace.com (referral) 1 50.00%

akakiller

Reaction score
that was me that clicked your link... :D

I have no dog in this fight. What works for us wont necessarily work for your company.

Which page on your site do you have setup as your landing page for Supermedia and Google? Maybe there a discrepancy there? Just trying to help you out, everyone is trying to get the best bang for their bucks concerning marketing!

Are you using any other company for your marketing? If they're doing better, just dump this one, no need to get all worked up about it! Some work better than others.. its been my experience that most companies don't inflate their numbers. They want their product to work! If its not, it might be as simple as changing programs?? Or companies!!

I do know if you call supercare, they will help you. You might have to wait on hold a minute, just be patient..

866-917-8737

Do me a favor? When you do get ahold of them, let me know how they handled this situation?

Thanks!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
And this thread got me at least 1 hit today

(direct) ((none)) 1 50.00%
riverdavesplace.com (referral) 1 50.00%

Cool B!! I just clicked on your link so I can see who to call to have come check out my shit b4 Summer. :D

dezertrider

Reaction score
that was me that clicked your link... :D

I have no dog in this fight. What works for us wont necessarily work for your company.

Which page on your site do you have setup as your landing page for Supermedia and Google? Maybe there a discrepancy there? Just trying to help you out, everyone is trying to get the best bang for their bucks concerning marketing!

Are you using any other company for your marketing? If they're doing better, just dump this one, no need to get all worked up about it! Some work better than others.. its been my experience that most companies don't inflate their numbers. They want their product to work! If its not, it might be as simple as changing programs?? Or companies!!

I do know if you call supercare, they will help you. You might have to wait on hold a minute, just be patient..

866-917-8737

Do me a favor? When you do get ahold of them, let me know how they handled this situation?

Thanks!

No Worries, Doing all the analytics myself. I am going to call super media Tuesdaya and try again to cancel this thing. If I was getting the hits they say I am the phone would be ringing off the hook. Im just going to make sure the $ I spend on Advertising pays off.

I called a few weeks ago and discussed the discrepencies between two of their own reports and the differances between mine and theirs. I could hear crickets from the girl on the phone. I even asked to step me up to the next CS level and she said there was no other level

The exposure they promise would work but Im not getting it

akakiller

Reaction score
Doing all the analytics myself.

ugh... I feel for you. :D

that used to be so easy to do... we pay another company to do it now... Its over my head even.... hahahahaha!

good luck. let me know what they say Tuesday.

jarrettolson

Reaction score
if your not on adwords you should seriously jump on that asap. Our industry has been hit hard by unlicensed scammers and we have kept our heads high out of water with adwords (650% net increase from the year before adwords). Yellowpages and other search engines see no where near the ROI of adwords. Of course we do a ton for organic seo as well but adwords has been a tremendous help.

dezertrider

Reaction score
HAHAHA, I called and verified that my account was closed and once confirmed I went to there reporting page to see what it said today. All the #s dropped to realistic quantitys. What a bunch of crap inflating the #s to keep my business. Now let try the yellow pages :)