WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stoker Boats or should I say Eliminator?!?!?!

satellitemike

Reaction score

Alan StokerStoker Boats owners and fans Page

31m ·

Well the deal is done to build the boats once again. They will be built in very limited numbers ( 12 per year including their own 22 and under models) by the same people as the very first one. Eliminator boats will be handling the entire process. Dad and I will not be involved in any aspect but want to thank everyone for their past business and friendship. Several asked about building them but we felt from the day we closed that if Eliminator wanted to take over they would be the best choice. Jake and his crew will be ready to start in a couple months.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Awesome! Can’t wait to see how they they turn out. I love my 84 Eliminator Stoker. It is imo the best river boat ever built.

5BB88E82-2FE2-4E57-B219-CE18594A72BD.jpeg

attitude

Reaction score
Low six figures. That was the price for a new 21 Daytona with a 300r.
Yup, with what I got told a bare hull 21 was I figure a bare hull 20 or 22 Stoker wont be much different.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Curious if any changes will be made to the 20' to accomodate modern engines....Al has always been of the position that the newest motor that works on these things is a Gen 1 E-tec...Gen 2s are too heavy, 4 strokes are too heavy.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Seeing some of the other lightweight mod VP's with 4 strokes on the transom makes me wonder....if an STV or a Mirage can support them, why not a Stoker?

From what Alan has said before on the Stoker FB page, it's more about the CG rather than transom strength. Maybe he'll lend his knowledge to Eliminator to see if they can do a 300 on the 20.4? I would think the 22 would be a no brainer.

hallett21

Reaction score
From what Alan has said before on the Stoker FB page, it's more about the CG rather than transom strength. Maybe he'll lend his knowledge to Eliminator to see if they can do a 300 on the 20.4? I would think the 22 would be a no brainer.
I don’t know enough about them but.... lol.

I feel like the boating industry is notorious for digging their heals in and saying “it” can’t be done 😁.

Yet somehow a fresh set of eyes/blood seems to keep moving the industry forward.

I’m excited to see what they turn out.

attitude

Reaction score
I could of sworn I saw Alan post on FB that it wasn’t about the weight so much as it was about the bigger gear cases on the new motors not mixing with the design of the hull.

Either way my dream Stoker is a 20.4 with a 2.5, one day…

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I could of sworn I saw Alan post on FB that it wasn’t about the weight so much as it was about the bigger gear cases on the new motors not mixing with the design of the hull.

Either way my dream Stoker is a 20.4 with a 2.5, one day…
Exa toy it’s not as much a weight/cg issue as that can be corrected by moving weight it was more so the larger gear cases.

stoker2001

Reaction score
Seeing some of the other lightweight mod VP's with 4 strokes on the transom makes me wonder....if an STV or a Mirage can support them, why not a Stoker?
VERY good point/question!Mr Stoker is VERY anti big blocks (IE 3/3.2 liters) on the 20.5.It has been done in past on Stokers and is always a compromise with handleing compared to 2.5 mercs and lighter wieght OMCs.What blows me away is the guys currently running the 4 stroke 300R V8s on the STVs and living to tell about it at 120+MPH!:oops:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Alan told me it wasn’t so much the weight it was the size of the lower units on the new engines, too large from what he said, screws up the handling and CG.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
VERY good point/question!Mr Stoker is VERY anti big blocks (IE 3/3.2 liters) on the 20.5.It has been done in past on Stokers and is always a compromise with handleing compared to 2.5 mercs and lighter wieght OMCs.What blows me away is the guys currently running the 4 stroke 300R V8s on the STVs and living to tell about it at 120+MPH!:oops:
I have driven a few 20s with the 4 strokes. None of them were right.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Stoker had a badass 22 with a Pfaff 540. White and red. Awesome boat.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Who was the RDP guy that was on here years ago that had a yellow and white Stoker with a quad rotor Whipple?

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Who was the RDP guy that was on here years ago that had a yellow and white Stoker with a quad rotor Whipple?
Any time I hear about Stoker, I think of that boat. HB days. Jackpunx?
yep. That's my buddy, Mark. He sold it a few years ago. last i heard it has been gone through and has a BIG turbo motor in it. I wanna say it's in nor cal but i dont trust my memory. In fact all this could just be rumor :p

attitude

Reaction score
Such a beautiful boat, I believe it was your boat that was for sale many years ago with low hours for 32k or so, I left the Craigslist add on my phone without refreshing it so I could look at the pics every once in a while lol! I just so happen to love purple and your boat checks all of the my Stoker boxes!

c_land

Reaction score
I’ve been following this build, did they run it yet? That engine has to be a small fortune.
Looks like they are still working on it, everyone on FB comments is barking that the gear case won't last

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
Such a beautiful boat, I believe it was your boat that was for sale many years ago with low hours for 32k or so, I left the Craigslist add on my phone without refreshing it so I could look at the pics every once in a while lol! I just so happen to love purple and your boat checks all of the my Stoker boxes!
Thank you! The motor has been completely rebuilt top to bottom and runs like a dream.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I don’t know enough about them but.... lol.

I feel like the boating industry is notorious for digging their heals in and saying “it” can’t be done 😁.

Yet somehow a fresh set of eyes/blood seems to keep moving the industry forward.

I’m excited to see what they turn out.
I’ve learned that it’s best not to question Al Stoker. He’s forgotten more about Mod VP design and 2 stroke technology than most will ever dream of knowing.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
Never have time to actually run it but it looks sick in my garage. 😂
You knocked it out of the park! Love the 4 bucket seats! You have a separate thread here rebuilding it, correct? After Jackpunx sold the boat, it got thrashed, right?

Anyway, amazing work my friend!

Bobby_329

Reaction score
You knocked it out of the park! Love the 4 bucket seats! You have a separate thread here rebuilding it, correct? After Jackpunx sold the boat, it got thrashed, right?

Anyway, amazing work my friend!
Yeah i have a thread on it. It wasn't terrible when i bought it just used i coulda just thrown a motor in it but i started tearing it apart and it snowballed into this, Started pulling the carpet and saw the balsa and my v drive instinct kicked in.

Duramax

Reaction score
Yeah i have a thread on it. It wasn't terrible when i bought it just used i coulda just thrown a motor in it but i started tearing it apart and it snowballed into this, Started pulling the carpet and saw the balsa and my v drive instinct kicked in.
I just found the thread and read it again! It's a shame you don't use it much, but I am afraid that is like most of us.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I had to settle for less, but she gets the job done
View attachment 1095045
1992 Cee Bee Avenger
I think it was Dick Sherrer who ran one of those and was rumored to have found it ran faster with the bimini up creating more lift...lol. I had one, never got it in the water before I passed it on to someone else. Without that rear hatch, mine had enough room inside for a damn boxing ring. I also grew up skiing behind one that another guy at our park still has...great boats.