WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Solar????

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Just got home from a wonderful fuc$$ing day in St. George, looked at the FOX News page and about fainted. HEADLINES are Biden wants to start blocking the sun to save the world....................Sure glad I haven't put any solar panels up.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Link? Sounds like a Babylon Bee story...

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Just got home from a wonderful fuc$$ing day in St. George, looked at the FOX News page and about fainted. HEADLINES are Biden wants to start blocking the sun to save the world....................Sure glad I haven't put any solar panels up.
It's happening now and they've been doing it for years. I've even seen the chem trails in old western movies. ;)

191007-weill-chemtrails-greta-tease_g99nr3.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
FOX

I didn't read the article, so perhaps I'm being redundant.
As ridiculously stupid Biden is ---- The theory behind this isn't totally daft.

The primary solar wave length photovoltaic cells require to produce electricity is approx 380NM on the spectrum.

The primary wave length that causes warming on earth is Infrared, which is between 760 and 100,000 NM.

I believe the conceptual theory is using "Something" that will filter the infrared by allow the energy producing wave lengths to pass through.

I offer no opinion on what's being proposed or how, simply that basically blocking the warming rays should not adversely affect our ability to produce electricity from Solar PV panels.

If that's not what Biden is pursuing (Again didn't read this Fox thing) then he's possibly more full of shit than I'd given him or his science advisors credit ( .5 on a scale of 1 to 1,000) for.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I didn't read the article, so perhaps I'm being redundant.
As ridiculously stupid Biden is ---- The theory behind this isn't totally daft.

The primary solar wave length photovoltaic cells require to produce electricity is approx 380NM on the spectrum.

The primary wave length that causes warming on earth is Infrared, which is between 760 and 100,000 NM.

I believe the conceptual theory is using "Something" that will filter the infrared by allow the energy producing wave lengths to pass through.

I offer no opinion on what's being proposed or how, simply that basically blocking the warming rays should not adversely affect our ability to produce electricity from Solar PV panels.

If that's not what Biden is pursuing (Again didn't read this Fox thing) then he's possibly more full of shit than I'd given him or his science advisors credit ( .5 on a scale of 1 to 1,000) for.
Not very knowledgeable on infrared heat and shielding, but could the concept also backfire? (Like most government projects like this) What would this do for animals that use the sun for vitamin D, or plants that may use different wavelengths of light for photosynthesis? I'm sure the President's science advisors are smarter than this dumb redneck, but sometimes they overthink the solutions and create new problems.

Boatles

Reaction score
Cmon man - just talking about this nonsense gives credence to the left’s radical Commie plans

Taboma

Reaction score
Not very knowledgeable on infrared heat and shielding, but could the concept also backfire? (Like most government projects like this) What would this do for animals that use the sun for vitamin D, or plants that may use different wavelengths of light for photosynthesis? I'm sure the President's science advisors are smarter than this dumb redneck, but sometimes they overthink the solutions and create new problems.
I wasn't attempting to give the impression I know anything about what anybody is suggesting in regards to filtering infrared radiation.

I'm simply addressing the fact that solar light is made of a an entire spectrum of wavelengths, and not all are responsible for heat.

As I pointed out, filtering heat doesn't interfere with producing electricity, in fact it improves it. Heat is the nemesis of electricity.
(I know, I know, then why the fuck do they build Solar Power Plants in the frigging desert :rolleyes: --- Cheap land)
For the same reason you can get a serious sunburn on an overcast cool day.

Seems the most effective wavelength for Photosynthesis (As most pot growers know) is Red 600-700, then Blue 400-500, then Green 500-600nms.
Vitamin D is produced in the UVB range of 290-315nm, which is also unfortunately responsible for sunburns and cancer.
However fortunate, most UVB and UVC from the sun are absorbed by of all things Ozone, Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen and water vapor, ironically, several of the things we're trying to get rid of.

So the question is, can they (Not to be confused with should they) effectively reduce solar heating without adversely affecting the wavelengths that are beneficial ? In theory, absolutely.

As I've tried to emphasize, I'm not discussing the why's or why not's, or the should's or should not's, or is there warming or isn't there ---- it's simply that solar radiation isn't a "Thing" but an entire RAINBOW :)oops:). Sorry I just had to use that trigger word. 🤣

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
There are lots of movies about this. Snow piercer being one of them. Way to many chances for bad outcomes from this.