WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sea tow vs boat us vs ?

Boat 405

Reaction score
Have had Boat US for years. Just wondering which is the most preferred? I've never used it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
For Havasu, boat US, two three times more tow boats. Used them several times, money well spent. When the owner of SeaTow was killed it seemed to lose ground to the Boat US operation. We used to use SeaTow but after that, Boat US become the better route.

95Enforcer

Reaction score
Havasu and Powell are my pretty much my two boating places. Just wondering if I should shop or renew

Ive had Boat US for over ten years and have always come through on Havasu with no issues. As far as Powell there is no Boat US or Sea Tow. They only have their private towing company through the marinas. Been towed in twice over the years and had to foot the bill up front. Good thing was I faxed the bill to Boat US right from the marina office at Wahweep and had the reimbursement check by the time I got home. One bill was almost $2k and they paid no questions asked. I’m sticking with Boat US. Been worth it for sure.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
BOAT US for me for a Looong Time.
Had a shifter linkage go out once fishing Palos Verdes . . . Boat US shows-up, looks at our rig and says 'Hang On' towed us back to Huntington Harbor at 23 mph !!!!
He even kept it on plane through a large portion of the 5 mph zone till we got close to the Navy Dock ! Quickest tow ever ! 🤘 Still have a quick video clip of my Dad behind the wheel, cracking a 'Hamms' getting towed at 20+ mph ! 🤣

Years ago Sea Tow was known for 'Vulturing' tows from Boat US . . . if there was a tow dispatched over the VHF near them, they'd try to get there 1st and try to convince the boater to let them have the tow . . . . . . not sure if that still goes on, but I didn't dig that business practice.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Ive had Boat US for over ten years and have always come through on Havasu with no issues. As far as Powell there is no Boat US or Sea Tow. They only have their private towing company through the marinas. Been towed in twice over the years and had to foot the bill up front. Good thing was I faxed the bill to Boat US right from the marina office at Wahweep and had the reimbursement check by the time I got home. One bill was almost $2k and they paid no questions asked. I’m sticking with Boat US. Been worth it for sure.
That's why I have the unlimited gold package from Boat US. Kinda no questions asked deal for Powell. I've never used it but I figure it's a if you have it you won't need it deal.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
What’s the cost for boat US yearly and are there different levels? Just an every other weekend havasu boater and no ocean. Not sure if that makes a difference. I could google it or call them but I enjoy the convo on here.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What’s the cost for boat US yearly and are there different levels? Just an every other weekend havasu boater and no ocean. Not sure if that makes a difference. I could google it or call them but I enjoy the convo on here.
Its cheap, way less than a $100 a year and that is for any US waterway they service.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Tow boat US had a very busy weekend here.
4 sunken boats between Sunday and Monday, dozens of tows for various reasons, and somehow managed to have an outboard strapped to the gunnel of one of their fleet. 😳

Not sure I want to hear the story of this one.
FF7418A2-C56C-4877-AC04-31278BE63AC4.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The Captains on Havasu have some pretty impressive skills. He brought us in on our daytona and put us on right on the trailer on a crowded Saturday afternoon, it was pretty impresive.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Boat US

There is no tow service on Shasta, but needed a tow. Boat US called the Sheriff, the Sheriff came and towed me, I cut the guy a check for $200, he gave me a receipt and I sent the Boat US. Got a check from them in just a few days.